Weakest Starting xv in Ulster at the minute

Started by Uladh, June 12, 2007, 02:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rashCharacter

Have to agree with Bensars and a few of the other guys, this type of criticism really is not warranted.
All county players dedicate their lives to lining out for their county.  If they are quality enough players to be picked for the county squad then all they can do is put in the effort and try and make the first 15.

Perhaps a fairer discussion would be who has the weakest squad as ultimately this is indicative of the strength of players within the clubs of that county.

Also, why must contributors to this discussion board limit threads like these to just Ulster, i would argue that they have very little knowledge of GAA, have never played a high level and formulate their views based solely on the writings of messers Heaney, Crossan etc every morning.

J70

No Donegal men either (unless McConaghey is supposed to be McConagley, in which case Uladh need's to get a grip!)

Glensman

I think this thread is a joke.

I know a couple of county panelists - the effort they put in is something shocking and as much as someone says reading things on websites such as this wouldn't hurt I would say it certanly does.

What sort of GAA fan are you Uladh who would go out of their way to almost personally criticise a fella who trains their arse off all year?
Its a pretty scummy thread.

I don't give a sh1t whether I'm put in the whiter than white bracket...its just isn't right.

Uladh

So basically you're arguing that all county players are of the same standard? no players are better than any others? there actually isn't a weakest XV?

RE Criticising fellas who "train their arse off" - my club team has four lads who will never ever kick a ball even at b level. they are the best trainers in the club by a mile. they are and always will be useless, god love them.

RE Oisin, you will note that its the weakest team at the minute, not of the last ten years when McConville was obviously a superb footballer.

RE Murtagh, where you were acclaiming  him as the second coming in a down jersey i was merely laughing at you. while he is a bad defender, he is not a bad footballer. i wouldn't expect you to differentiate, nor ross carr either.

RE The Ulster side, as i pointed out, i wouldn't have enough first hand experience of players in all of the counties in other provinces.

RE McConagley (sp), Donegal wing back - however you spell it. was completley unimpressed with him against armagh given that he was completely free and unburdened of having to mark a man and still did nothing.

Pangurban

Agree with Bensars, constructive critizism is one thing,but this type of negative sniping is dispicable

J70

Quote from: Uladh on June 12, 2007, 10:33:15 PM

RE McConagley (sp), Donegal wing back - however you spell it. was completley unimpressed with him against armagh given that he was completely free and unburdened of having to mark a man and still did nothing.

Well, that's it decided then, isn't it? :D

I thought he did all right in the Armagh game. I certainly wouldn't have picked him out as one of the poorer performers on the day. He also had a superb league, and is keeping Eamon McGee, a damn good player himself, out of the team.

bcarrier

Stranworst

So Coulter, an experienced inter county and Ireland player should be on this team? Saunter on bcarrier

Mid Mon

Duffys kickouts were clearing the opositions 45 on sunday and hes an exceptional one on one shot stoper. Although he could of done better for down's goal.

gander

Quote from: Uladh on June 12, 2007, 10:33:15 PM

RE Oisin, you will note that its the weakest team at the minute, not of the last ten years when McConville was obviously a superb footballer.

He scored a goal and 2 points against Donegal, that not good enough?  Benny Coulter didn't score in his last two outings.

Bensars

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 13, 2007, 11:48:49 AM
Come on Uladh, you know more than enough about the game to be confining yourself to the morass that is Ulster football.   :P
Quote from: Uladh on June 13, 2007, 12:53:42 PM

Messed up with patsy Bradley if thats the case.
O'Rourke's in there.
Unless you've seen them in the flesh its unfair to make an assessment bb. eg. there might be some corner back from leitrim who is better or worse than Longford's finest/worst, but how could i know?

:D :D :D :D :D :D

So Uladh, by your very own definition of being able to make a fair assessment, you have to see them in the flesh !!!!!

How many Ulster championship games have you been to this year ? ::) ::) ::)

Leo

In the defence you can include McCartan, Rooney, McGuigan, Murtagh, Grant, and Clarke, the wacky racers of Ulster football.
Fierce tame altogether

Black and white

Guys from i have read of Uladh's post, he sees himself as the orcale of ulster football.  His insight is beyound most men's understandingl.  I have no doubt he has medals coming out his ears both as a player and manager of the highest standing.  if he deems his thread necessary then it is necessary he is gaelic football

greygoose

Uladh... You are a c*ck for starting this thread... You must have fcuk all to do with your time

corn02

So to all those asking Uladh where his medlas are? Do you need to be a super footballer to be a good analyist?