Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: mayoman dan on October 30, 2015, 07:51:43 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on October 30, 2015, 12:54:54 AM
Quote from: mayoman dan on October 30, 2015, 12:03:20 AM
What do we know about Rochford as a manager.I know he won an all ireland with Corofin but what sort of manager is he? I strongly believe Mayo need a tactician to get us over the line.Is he tactically flexible or does he have a system a player must fit into? A lot of Mayo people are saying Rochford for the job but dont have a clue about him its like his name is the buzzword the last week or so.

From what I've seen and heard of Rochford he has a meticulous eye for detail, nothing is left to chance. Corofin play their own game but also adapt to suit who they are playing. He plays his players to their strengths, Ronan Steede for example, seems to have been given free reign to roam this year and he's had a great championship so far. Corofin are a seriously fit, well conditioned outfit also. He's not afraid to tackle indiscipline head on either from what I've heard, big name or not if you don't pull your weight/put in the effort/step out of line, you're on the bench and work your way back onto the first 15. Apparently if anyone was as much as a minute late for training last year they were told to go home and come back the next evening, no big issue made out of it by anyone but the message was still put out if you can't be on time there's 2 or 3 lads here looking for your place, everyone that starts on Rochford's first 15 has put in serious effort in training, there's no getting your place on name or reputation only. He strikes me as someone who has the potential to do very well at inter county.

Thanks for that Duine Eile it paints a good picture of him.Hope the appointment is done now without much fuss. On a seperate issue how does a thread about a new Mayo manager turn into a discussion about Rosscommon?

It didn't. Your mess overshadows everything else, Dan.

macdanger2

Quote from: Syferus on October 30, 2015, 07:35:32 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 30, 2015, 06:43:14 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on October 30, 2015, 06:29:25 PM
I see sky sports have their transfer deadline clock running  1day 5hrs and 31min to close of nominations for the rhubarb managers job

I hear Shannonside have a reporter live at McHale Park providing hourly updates to our eager neighbours   ;D

If it was Shannonside they'd cut live to some U12 soccer game in Drumshanbo every two minutes.

;D

Shrewdness

Mayoman dan, you'll have to ask your fellow Mayo posters, why they can never see past their Roscommon obsession. Some of it is downright vicious.

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 30, 2015, 08:11:18 PM
Mayoman dan, you'll have to ask your fellow Mayo posters, why they can never see past their Roscommon obsession. Some of it is downright vicious.

Larnaparka is hardly vicious and he's the worst of us ;D

sligoman2

We are very close to 55 pages on something that has yet to happen.

Jaysus I don't know anymore.  Wake me up when Rochford gets the job.

;) ;)
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 30, 2015, 08:11:18 PM
Fair play, syf; this is your best alias yet! ;D
You had me fooled for a while, I have to admit but nobody on four legs never mind two, could put up such shite day after day and I guess you are the only one who would be bothered to park yourself here and act the leibide all day long.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

giveballaghback

keep it open for a few more days lads Jose will be available.

moysider

Quote from: giveballaghback on November 01, 2015, 08:46:26 PM

FFS pipe down! Just when things had gone nice and quiet a Rossie gets bored and starts poking around again. Is there nothing on the telly?

bucko

Quote from: moysider on November 01, 2015, 09:06:40 PM

FFS pipe down! Just when things had gone nice and quiet a Rossie gets bored and starts poking around again. Is there nothing on the telly?
Strictly Come Dancing had just finished, hence the boredom...

moysider

Quote from: bucko on November 01, 2015, 11:49:08 PM

Surely they have a few scabs to pick at to occupy them? The old wounds from Sligo and Fermanagh hardly fully healed yet ;D ;D

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on November 01, 2015, 11:57:07 PM

Surely they have a few scabs to pick at to occupy them? The old wounds from Sligo and Fermanagh hardly fully healed yet ;D ;D

Your ex-clubmen did a great job getting us over that hump Moy.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on November 02, 2015, 12:06:11 AM

A ball hasn't been kicked yet Sy ;)

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on November 02, 2015, 12:37:10 AM

Been plenty of balls kicked in trials Moy. That's the sort of thing you can do when you have a manager.

November. Tick tock.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on November 02, 2015, 12:51:57 AM

Been plenty of balls kicked in trials Moy. That's the sort of thing you can do when you have a manager.

November. Tick tock.

Trials? Any verdict yet ?  ;D I'm sure Johneen hadn't missed out on half a team ;)

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on November 02, 2015, 01:02:10 AM
Quote from: Syferus on November 02, 2015, 12:51:57 AM

November. Tick tock.

Trials? Any verdict yet ?  ;D I'm sure Johneen hadn't missed out on half a team ;)

You'd be surprised Moy.