Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Look Syd, Antrim are lucky to have one of the greatest hurlers Ireland has seen at the helm. Get full square behind the players and management and remember - if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

mightysaffrons

seriously lads some people are using this board as a way of spouting the biggest load of crap!!!

ruari og welll said bout syd!! syd u made it sound like you where a die hard supporter up at the match watching young mc manus!! but a bad liar always forgets what he has said previously!! also one minute ur saying players are a disgrace for goin on a piss up and then ur saying tosh should go down to dublin on one with glenariffe!! so please make ur mind up and stop talking nonsense!!!

its the this defeatist attitude that annoys me about antrim/ulster hurling!! people are too ready too point the finger of blame!! its starts from the roots!! its starts from you 30/40 year olds 20 years ago who didnt give a flying crap about making antrim successful!! ok maybe sambo and woody made a mistake believing in these players but what did you want them to say our best hurlers in antrim are rubbiosh and are goin to get beat!!!

I read an article in irish news a few weeks ago with graham clark form down and he said "i am a major fan of the cork team and it is an honour to play on the same pitch" or something close to that!! where is ulster hurling goin with this defeatist attitude!!! do you want the antrim players to be saying the same??

Syd The Sailor

Saffron i had other commitments, i was washing my hair but i will be at Casement tomorrow night, i will slide you my pass through the fence if you want. The point i was making about Tosh was his fitness was not going to be improved scratching his nuts on Sunday. An was there anything in my post describing myself as "a die hard supporter", was what i said about Mc Manus fair comment ???
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

mightysaffrons

"He was swinging back the whole time and Tennyson gave him his medicine back. If he keeps that up he will get a hammering some day."

this would suggest u witnessed it with your own two eyes!! i believe 90% of people here would agree that u think u a gd antrim supporter but well let the majority speak! oh u have a pass oh please do pass it out to me!!! yet again u think ur better than everyone!! pay at the gate like a true gael!! suppose u get ur wee all ireland ticket every year too!!

johnjoe

Lads, easy does it.

We all get a bit carried away, myself included, but at the end of the day we would all give our right arm for a football or hurling team to be playing top flight.

Personally, I think we ARE on a progressive curve, and there are a lot of things happening that we could not have foreseen three or four years ago. Dont make me spell these out.

We are producing a better type of young hurler or footballer than for a long time, and believe it or not most of these young men do see it as a big honour to play for their county.

We are a work in progress, and it will take several more years, but it all starts with BELIEF.

Please give the new management, and players the time and respect they deserve. Everyone knows its a three or four year plan, and its not fair to be jumping on the bandwagon after a few defeats.

I`m backing Woody and Sambo to the hilt, and this includes any defeat that may come our way in the short term, and that may include tomorrow night. The average age of our players is by far the youngest playing at that level, and its a big reality check for some people.

But they are in the best possible hands to get the best out of them, so give the process a chance.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: mightysaffrons on March 27, 2007, 10:52:13 AM
"He was swinging back the whole time and Tennyson gave him his medicine back. If he keeps that up he will get a hammering some day."

this would suggest u witnessed it with your own two eyes!! i believe 90% of people here would agree that u think u a gd antrim supporter but well let the majority speak! oh u have a pass oh please do pass it out to me!!! yet again u think ur better than everyone!! pay at the gate like a true gael!! suppose u get ur wee all ireland ticket every year too!!

Forgive me for not quoting my sources watching the match,i have a pass that gains me free entry? Should i pay in? Answers on a postcard please. Did you not know anyone that has a free pass is better than the common people that dont, its a real status symbol- a pass that gets you in free to watch a Div2 NHL match. I wouldnt be too bothered about the county team, club hurling in Antrim has been ruined at their expense, and where has it got us?

NAG

Tony???
"Look Syd, Antrim are lucky to have one of the greatest hurlers Ireland has seen at the helm. Get full square behind the players and management and remember - if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Tony I really hope you are talking about woody there with that statement otherwise any credibility you had on this sight just went up in smoke. The other fella wasnt even the best Hurler in the Cushendall half back line never mind in Antrim or Ireland.

Please get a grip, its their job to get performances out of the players and they arent doing that at present.

The Truth

Quote from: NAG on March 27, 2007, 11:53:01 AM
Tony???
"Look Syd, Antrim are lucky to have one of the greatest hurlers Ireland has seen at the helm. Get full square behind the players and management and remember - if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Tony I really hope you are talking about woody there with that statement otherwise any credibility you had on this sight just went up in smoke. The other fella wasnt even the best Hurler in the Cushendall half back line never mind in Antrim or Ireland.

Please get a grip, its their job to get performances out of the players and they arent doing that at present.

I think Tony maybe works for the "Sambo" PR machine, Leonard Mc Keegan was a far better player but didint have the bald head and media profile......
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

theskull1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 27, 2007, 10:35:56 AM
Look Syd, Antrim are lucky to have one of the greatest hurlers Ireland has seen at the helm. Get full square behind the players and management and remember - if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Excuse me while I throw up. What they hell does getting behind the players and management mean in practical terms Tony? Is it biblical blind faith you want us all to have? Don't question...follow?
And can you tell me how the man in the street can play any part in a solution to hurling in Antrim when the powers that be invest so much of our summer months trying to attain success at a national level, all while hurling at club level (I speak of div 1 only) is being ruined year on year by the excessive training regimes, challenge matches, intercounty matches, stopping players from representing/training with their clubs. Mabye it's because of this,  that alot of club hurling people (the bread and butter supporter of hurling - not a fly by night "county man") are actaully resentful of the County team/administration. Their dilusional asperations are strangling the game and the very people you talk about (the very people who are at the coal face of hurling in this county) can see it.

All you dyed in the wool "Antrim" men must be from the lower division clubs and don't realise what hurling has been like in div 1 ever since we got to the final in 89, so the real problems in Antrim hurling are not Sambo and Woody's making. The club game is now an after thought and not even considered meaningful by those who strive for success at a national level. year on year the have placed all their eggs in the one basket leaving club hurling stranded. Is it any wonder standards have dropped???  But Tony you would rather we just shut our mouth and "get full square behind" the erosion of our games at a local level? Do you know whats going on at all? Give me your take on it

....just on a side point, there wasn't too many people "supporting" antrim on sunday. They were watching, not supporting. I'll be listening for you on tomorrow night.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The Truth

Skull......I think the boul Tony was being mischievous and doing a bit of stirring, i know he is not a fan of Sambos......Everyone took the bait though
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Arthur_Friend

"The other fella wasnt even the best Hurler in the Cushendall half back line never mind in Antrim or Ireland."

I have heard it from quite a few ruairi ogs that Sambo was the best man ever to pull on the maroon and white. And possibly the saffron jersey. I havent seen him play that much myself so i cant comment but if thats not true where did the myth come from.??

Noname

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on March 27, 2007, 01:39:15 PM
"The other fella wasnt even the best Hurler in the Cushendall half back line never mind in Antrim or Ireland."

I have heard it from quite a few ruairi ogs that Sambo was the best man ever to pull on the maroon and white. And possibly the saffron jersey. I havent seen him play that much myself so i cant comment but if thats not true where did the myth come from.??

i think another case of stirring  ;)

Anyway does it really matter how good or bad he was, because someone was or is a good hurler doesnt mean they will be a good manager or coach.

and syd, one minute your on saying this and that about county hurling then you say your not too bothered about county hurling, why so many posts if your not too bothered, make up your mind.

Tony Baloney

QuoteLook Syd, Antrim are lucky to have one of the greatest hurlers Ireland has seen at the helm. Get full square behind the players and management and remember - if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Tongue was firmly in cheek fools!  ;D

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Noname on March 27, 2007, 02:16:04 PM
Anyway does it really matter how good or bad he was, because someone was or is a good hurler doesnt mean they will be a good manager or coach.

and syd, one minute your on saying this and that about county hurling then you say your not too bothered about county hurling, why so many posts if your not too bothered, make up your mind.
[/quote]

I watch and follow Antrim mainly to see good players on the opposition  ;D The point im trying to make is i wouldnt lose any sleep over an Antrim defeat, compared to a bad club result, hope that clears it up for you. Its the continual chasing the unattainable that is screwing our club game up. If we had a strong competitive clubgame with regular games you would see an improved county team......

Tony Baloney

Syd you really aren't showing any consistency. You need to make up your mind - you're like Jekyll and Hyde!

You'll probably be lying blocked in the Whitefort tomorrow instead of in the ground supporting Terry's heroes on the pitch!