Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 13, 2013, 09:18:00 PM
Two big chances both missed by Robin Van Persie.

Madrid bound to get a chance or two here themselves before the end.

orangeman

United goalie man of the match. 8 saves.

Captain Obvious

A good result for United. Real Madrid good enough to win the tie in Old Trafford.

orangeman

EC Unique

Would have ripped your hand off for a score draw before the game. Both teams had goal line clearances and shots hitting the wood. DeGea was class. RVP will be ripping he did not score. I hope he takes his anger out in the return match. All to play for.

michaelg

Didn't see match - Evans play well?

EC Unique

Quote from: michaelg on February 13, 2013, 10:05:47 PM
Didn't see match - Evans play well?

He was very good. Cleared and blocked a few shots. I cant think of any real faults.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

A better result than i expected. The good defensive performance was key especially in the 2nd half. Madrid were frustrated and all the best chances fell to United. DDG had a fine game (that was superb save in the 1st half) & Evans,Rio also solid while Rafael improved after a poor 1st half. Should be interesting 2nd leg i think United will need to score at least twice as Madrid/Ronaldo are unlikely to be held scoreless.

P.S Stew did you win much on the draw?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Decent result. Could have been better. Think United edged the chances though Madrid had more of the ball. Wasn't the chasing many predicted. Very evenly poised for the return leg. I think they are poor at the back but will protect their back 4 more the next night. Mourinho shoring things up with 15-20 mins to go was good management and proof he is happy to go to OT at 1-1. I wouldn't like to call it either way - just hope it's not penalties.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 11, 2013, 12:07:05 PM
Quote from: wildrover on February 11, 2013, 11:06:28 AM
United 4/1 to win in Madrid. Cant remember the last time they were that price for any game (including champ league finals v Barca)

:o  :o

I think this lark of conceding the ball in midfield and waiting for the opposition to make mistakes is unlikely to work against Europe's elite - especially with that back four.

I stand corrected - I thought Madrid would have more about them in the attacking third; I was very wrong.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

EC Unique

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 14, 2013, 03:48:59 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on February 11, 2013, 12:07:05 PM
Quote from: wildrover on February 11, 2013, 11:06:28 AM
United 4/1 to win in Madrid. Cant remember the last time they were that price for any game (including champ league finals v Barca)

:o  :o

I think this lark of conceding the ball in midfield and waiting for the opposition to make mistakes is unlikely to work against Europe's elite - especially with that back four.

I stand corrected - I thought Madrid would have more about them in the attacking third; I was very wrong.

You should give a bit of credit to Utd's defence and the quality of DeGea instead of saying it was a lack of quality from Real's final 3rd. Utd rode their luck in the first half a bit but I thought they were excellent.