Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caraghtyrone

Man of the Match had to be a Coalisland man and though there were many contenders I'd say their Nos 8 think it was Mc Gahan had a great game in my opinion.  For a big man done a great shift up and down the field battling and got some great possession around the middle and for a big man is very comfortable in possession of the ball going forward. 

Well done to both teams today and to Coalisland,  deserved winners of a decent game of football well contested and no negative tactics or challenges.  Have to say it was played in a good spirit which is seldom seen in recent times, usually it seems there has to be a brawl when theres so much at stake. They had their kick in the teeth against dromore few yrs back and learned their lesson so worthy winners in my book today. 

Best of luck in the Ulster Club

sandwiches_in_the_boot

No complaints. Carmen had 6/7 chances to at least level it. Feel sorry for the neutrals who paid at least £10 in today. Errigal and Omagh must be absolutely kicking themselves. Carmen should've won comfortabiliy in a game decided by frees.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gabriel_Hurl

Poor enough fare in the senior final today I thought - although Coalisland were worthy winners IMO.

MOM would be between numbers 5, 8 and 13 for Coalisland.

And how one umpire gave a point for Carmen in the first half - when it was clearly two yards wide - I dunno.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on October 24, 2010, 10:38:04 PM
RIP Tyrone Senior Championship FC.

Sounds like a begrudger alright tho i was chatiing to Coalisland boys who are going on the RIP!

Redhand Santa

Did anyone notice the Carrickmore player,the Carrickmore official and supporter going for the ref at the end and having to be pushed away by stewards. Completely uncalled for.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 24, 2010, 11:07:23 PM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on October 24, 2010, 10:38:04 PM
RIP Tyrone Senior Championship FC.

Sounds like a begrudger alright tho i was chatiing to Coalisland boys who are going on the RIP!

I wouldn't begrudge the Fianna their championship at all. Congratulations to the lads from the Island.

From watching a couple of other county finals in supposedly lesser footballing counties, just dunno what to think of football in Tyrone. Has been very poor this year. Maybe it's the blanket defence and overly zealous refereeing.

Anyway. Hope the Fianna players can wait a week to give Ulster a decent rip.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

clarshack

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 24, 2010, 06:01:26 PM
Clarshak- I've photos from yesterday's celebrations, and I emailed them to your secretary if you're looking them.

thanks norf, i've just sent you a pm.

clarshack

any report on yesterday's minor game?

ardboe must have played well as pomeroy had been racking up massive scores all year.

EC Unique

Congratulations to Coalisland. 20 Years is a long time for a club like them to go without a title.
From an Errigal point of view it is both sickening and encouraging that 2 years in a row we have been put out of the Championship by the eventual winners by the kick of a ball. If Errigal can learn to be more clinical infront of goal we will win again. I think Omagh will improve next year and will be the team to beat.

When will the League semi-finals be played now?

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on October 25, 2010, 12:36:02 PM
Congratulations to Coalisland. 20 Years is a long time for a club like them to go without a title.
From an Errigal point of view it is both sickening and encouraging that 2 years in a row we have been put out of the Championship by the eventual winners by the kick of a ball. If Errigal can learn to be more clinical infront of goal we will win again. I think Omagh will improve next year and will be the team to beat.

When will the League semi-finals be played now?

That happened to Ardboe in 08&09 and Carrickmore in 09&10 too.

Well done Coalisland you make great Champions. 2007 is dead and buried.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Zapatista on October 25, 2010, 12:46:41 PM

three years in a row actually, but more than a kick of the ball in 08
First on the field and last to leave

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on October 25, 2010, 01:04:16 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on October 25, 2010, 12:46:41 PM

three years in a row actually, but more than a kick of the ball in 08

:D :D :D

Sharp as a tac!!!!!!!!!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Mr. Nakata

Congratulations to Coalisland and Omagh on fine championship victories. I would presume the league semis will now be in a fortnight due to the fianna's particpation in the Ulster club. Is it Errigal v Omagh and Coalisland v Dromore? The last couple of meetings between Omagh and Errigal have been feisty affairs for some reason, so I'd be expecting more of the same.   

rrhf

Heard the O Neill Cups for tessies today she could finish in the Lough!!!  :D