Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Just seen it there, fair enough to award a goal I think but had he blown before ball crosses line also fair enough to disallow?

HiMucker

No harm that is shocking by deGea. I don't think you would ever see that in GAA and the keeper playing on after. Hardly can blame Fred for deGea being made of chocolate

Ghost

Fred gets plenty of abuse, most of it deserved but McTominay gets off far too easily. Such a limited player. Nowhere near good enough to be playing week in, week out for a club like Man Utd.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on December 02, 2021, 09:12:15 PM
No harm that is shocking by deGea. I don't think you would ever see that in GAA and the keeper playing on after. Hardly can blame Fred for deGea being made of chocolate

All those players are made of chocolate ffs! I wonder do they even blush when looking back?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Quote from: Hound on December 02, 2021, 09:10:38 PM
United improved / Arsenal went into their shell a bit after the goal. 1-1 fair enough at half time.

Quote from: David McKeown on December 02, 2021, 09:02:57 PM
Quote from: Hound on December 02, 2021, 09:01:33 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on December 02, 2021, 08:57:40 PM
I should add that had he have seen De Gea and decided not to stop the game and therefore have awarded the goal immediately I wouldn't have an issue with the goal. It's the way he's behaved I have a problem with. He's clearly made a decision then changed his mind due the ball going in.
A decision isn't actually made until the whistle goes. Whistle went after ball was in the net.

That's not right. How do you chalk goals off for offside if there's a late flag?  How about for handball?
You're mixing your apples and oranges. There was no foul, so the timing of the whistle was all that mattered.

The timing of the decision is relevant not the timing of the whistle. If he decides the game is to be stopped for an injury anything after that is irrelevant. It appears that's the decision he makes. If it's not why does he move the whistle to his mouth before the shot. Why does he take so long to allow the goal. Why does he initially wag his finger at Arsenal players when they ask about the goal. Why is there any discussion on allowing the goal with whoever he is talking to?  As I say I don't think he could award it. I think he's deciding he's stopping that game for player welfare reasons and has changed his mind because the ball went into the net.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Jeepers Creepers

Replays showing ref blew after ball had went in. Clear goal, move on. I'm surprised it's generating
V so much conversation on tv. Arsenal passing a lot slicker and both teams are chronic trying to play the ball out from the back. A real composed defensive midfielder would turn the Utd team around.

Jeepers Creepers

Decent ding ding now. 800 goals for clubs and country for Ronaldo.

screenexile

Stonewall penalty Arsenal gonna Arsenal!!

David McKeown

How did he give it though.  I mean apparently its all about when the whistle is blown and the ball was in midfield before he blew the whistle

screenexile

Quote from: David McKeown on December 02, 2021, 09:47:57 PM
How did he give it though.  I mean apparently its all about when the whistle is blown and the ball was in midfield before he blew the whistle

Have you heard of VAR??

You're clutching at straws I'm afraid David!!

David McKeown

I think the sarcasm may have been lost there

screenexile

Apologies... it's been a long week!!

Helix.

A win's a win in context of where they're at at the moment. Ronaldo doing what he does best. 800+goals for club and country. Still quite sloppy in defence Aubameyang missing a sitter. Could have went either way. How referee didn't give penalty in real time is beyond me.
Hopefully United will go on a winning run over the Christmas with set of fixtures they have!

Jeepers Creepers

Carrick to leave with immediate effect. His decision. Interesting.

Cunny Funt

Hard earned and much needed 3 points for United. Might have won more comfortably if such a bizarre opener wasn't conceded. 12 goals and 2 assists is not too shabby in 16 appearances for a 36 year old on his return. Plenty of issues with United on and off the field but Ronaldo is far down the list of issues. I'd say it was a big eye opener for the watching Rangnick.