Started by deiseach, November 21, 2007, 03:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be cheering for NI tonight?

Yes
No

Evil Genius

Quote from: Zapatista on November 23, 2007, 06:21:35 PM
The point I made earlier in the tread.

Sorry, I've lost my/your train of thought, so if you want an answer, I'm afraid you'll have to re-state the question.

Quote from: Zapatista on November 23, 2007, 06:21:35 PM
As for the rest of your reply, do you think Dodge Ball wuld be a good national sport?

No
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

pintsofguinness

FAO EVIL GENIUS

No, that was not my question.

Please see for my question that you ran away from:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=4321.750
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Aerlik

Hmmm, I wonder if the Spanish authorities got the "fleg" issues sorted?  At the 1982 WC, they had the north's score set against a background of the national flag  as opposed to the rag the IFA tarnishes the word Ireland with.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 23, 2007, 05:01:51 PM
So there you go, Your Holiness - let's see you distort that little lot... ::)

???

I dont distort things EG, I just point out when you are talking shite  ;)

As I said, theres plenty of reasons to want to see England lose, these are undeniable.
And they arent all down to pettiness and narrow mindedness.

"There is also the overbearing arrogance about their own team which characterise the English media, combined with a sometimes patronising attitude and/or ignorant or dismissive attitude towards their "little" neighbours"

Overbearing arrogance????
Ah for f**k sake  :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm not a soccer fan, think the ROI team are shite, yet still want England to lose. Nothing to do with overbearing arrogance.

You really do talk a big old load of shite.

Ask me holy bollix

Evil Genius

Quote from: Aerlik on November 24, 2007, 04:34:09 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if the Spanish authorities got the "fleg" issues sorted? 

Yes, thank you.

Quote from: Aerlik on November 24, 2007, 04:34:09 AM
At the 1982 WC, they had the north's score set against a background of the national flag  as opposed to the rag the IFA tarnishes the word Ireland with.

So the Spanish scoreboard man made a mistake. Big Deal. The Norn Iron (and Spanish) fans were much more interested in a mistake by the Spanish goalkeeper, which allowed Beechmount's Finest, Gerry Armstrong, to plant the winner in the back of the net in front of the scoreboard...

Anyhow, how are things in Australia now that you've got your family's citizenship sorted out? Do you get up and salute the flag every morning?

Or do you merely content yourself with an occasional trip to see your Head of State when she graciously deigns to visit the more remote colonies of her Realm?

("Her Majesty selecting a bogie to present to a grateful Australian Prime Minister, as a souvenir of 1974 visit")

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2007, 08:40:26 PM
FAO EVIL GENIUS

No, that was not my question.

Please see for my question that you ran away from:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=4321.750

I see. The answer's "No". I could post my reasons (and maybe will?), but for the moment I couldn't be arsed.

Besides, it won't make any difference to you, me or anyone else.

It was over 80 years ago, you see.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

pintsofguinness

I've asked two questions and you've just answered no.

No it wasn't democracy or no they British weren't terrorists?

For someone who's always so keen to lecture and write essays on here it's been very hard to get you to answer a few quesitons.
Why is that?

Evil Genius

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 24, 2007, 05:50:38 PM
I've asked two questions and you've just answered no.

No it wasn't democracy or no they British weren't terrorists?

For someone who's always so keen to lecture and write essays on here it's been very hard to get you to answer a few quesitons.
Why is that?

OK, if you insist.

Answer to Qn.1: It's politics;

Answer to Qn.2: No

There are your answers. If you want further elaboration, tough. I can't be bothered since it was over 80 years ago; my answers won't make the slightest difference to your opinions; you appear only to be asking these questions as some sort of exercise in points-scoring; above all, the thread was about Eligibility for International Football.

Enjoy your evening.   
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

pintsofguinness

Me:
I'm genuinely puzzled that you think people accepted partition - they had no choice - oh, sorry they had, it was a war they couldn't fight.
You call that democracy?

EG:
Answer to Qn.1: It's politics;

Me:
Lets see, people using the threat of violence to get what they want, wouldn't that make the British terrorists?

EG
Answer to Qn.2: No

:D  you're some craic.

There are your answers. If you want further elaboration, tough. I can't be bothered since it was over 80 years ago; my answers won't make the slightest difference to your opinions; you appear only to be asking these questions as some sort of exercise in points-scoring; above all, the thread was about Eligibility for International Football.
Pathetic. 
Run away then.

Zapatista

Has Evil Genius been taking lessons from certain tribunal performances?

Tonto

Quote from: nifan on November 23, 2007, 11:13:20 AM
QuoteWhen England scored he took off his NI top and celebrated the England goal.

Im surprised he didnt get a slap at that stage.

I'm surprised people believe that to be a true story. :-\

his holiness nb

Quote from: Zapatista on November 24, 2007, 09:21:11 PM
Has Evil Genius been taking lessons from certain tribunal performances?

EG is a very intelligent, talented poster.

He could make a valid argument for the biggest load of shite due to his writing skills.

The sort of guy who you would get to defend a mass murderer in court, I'd say he would get him off too. Somehow convincing the jury that its them who are the guilty ones and that they would be bigots if they sentenced him. Its fascinating how much shite talk he gets away with here just becuase its well written. Unless of course someone catches him out, then he resorts to childishness like suggesting you are gay  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

inisceithleann

EG does write extremely well, and it would a lesser Board without him. However EG and other OWC fans on here fail to understand that you cannot be a Nationalist and also support the North in soccer. To do other otherwise would be accepting partition. FIFA's ruling now means we have a de facto team for the whole of Ireland, so their argument that supporting the Republic also accepts partition no longer stands up. However when myself and others say this we are lead to believe that we sectarian bigots who fail to appreciate the efforts the IFA are making. I'm not sectarian but I believe there should be one soccer team and one association for our shared island. I really wish the OWCers would accept this and no matter how reasoned their arguments may be, they can never change my cultural and political persuasions.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

deiseach

Reading EG reminds me of Brendan Behan's observation that "the terrorist is the one with the small bomb".

red hander

'EG does write extremely well, and it would a lesser Board without him. However EG and other OWC fans on here fail to understand that you cannot be a Nationalist and also support the North in soccer. To do other otherwise would be accepting partition. FIFA's ruling now means we have a de facto team for the whole of Ireland, so their argument that supporting the Republic also accepts partition no longer stands up. However when myself and others say this we are lead to believe that we sectarian bigots who fail to appreciate the efforts the IFA are making. I'm not sectarian but I believe there should be one soccer team and one association for our shared island. I really wish the OWCers would accept this and no matter how reasoned their arguments may be, they can never change my cultural and political persuasions.'

NAIL ON THE HEAD