Will you be cheering for NI tonight?

Started by deiseach, November 21, 2007, 03:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be cheering for NI tonight?

Yes
No

deiseach

I've voted No. While I wish happiness to many NI fans in general, and those who contribute to this board in particular, qualification for Norn Iron would unleash the most obnoxious orgy of self-congratulatory backslapping on being thebestfansintheworld since, well, the Republic last qualifed for a tournament. ¡Viva España!

dec

Quote from: deiseach on November 21, 2007, 03:15:21 PM
I've voted No. While I wish happiness to many NI fans in general, and those who contribute to this board in particular, qualification for Norn Iron would unleash the most obnoxious orgy of self-congratulatory backslapping on being thebestfansintheworld since, well, the Republic last qualifed for a tournament. ¡Viva España!
Doesn't this apply to pretty much every set of fans in any sport.

Puckoon

Ill cheer. Its been a while since the other team gave us anything to cheer about. Can I be a bandwaggoning OWCer?

deiseach

Quote from: dec on November 21, 2007, 03:18:50 PM
Doesn't this apply to pretty much every set of fans in any sport.

I guess it does. But I don't live next door (so to speak) to Brazil fans :D

nifan

ziggysego

Best of luck to them. I wish them all the best and hopefully Lativa will do them a favour too.

I can see Northern Ireland beating Spain, after all they're on a high from this campaign. I just can't see Lativa doing the same in Sweden tonight.

Won't qualify, but had a fantastic campaign. Restored a bit of pride back into the team and supporters, after the disasterious years previous.
Testing Accessibility

SammyG

thejuice

I voted yes, in the sense that I wish them well, but I wont be actually watching the game therefore not cheering for. But good luck and all that hope they win. it would make a change if they got through and England didnt. I remember abot 4 years ago, a bunch of Dubs in an Irish Bar over here slagging a lad from Antrim about the state of the Northern Irish team. Funny how things change
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

MW

I too will be cheering on Northern Ireland, you'll be unsurprised to know :)

Oh and Latvia of course ;)

red hander

I voted no so Evil Genius could feel smug that everything he obviously believes about bitter nationalists in the occupied six counties is true  ;)

stpauls

couldn't give a shit if they qualified or not to be really honest! but good luck to them!

Gabriel_Hurl

How many times will we hear "that night in 1982" tonight?

Snowed Under

Bet Black Jack will be creaming himself tonight.

SammyG

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 21, 2007, 03:39:26 PM
How many times will we hear "that night in 1982" tonight?

If I was doing a spread bet, I'd go 'more than 15'.

red hander

'How many times will we hear "that night in 1982" tonight?'

Has anyone ever sustained a career (transfer to Spain, never off the TV talking shite, wife that's young enough to be his grand-daughter) like Gerry Armstrong has because of one appaling mistake by a goalkeeper 25 years ago?