USFC Armagh v Derry, St Tiernach's Park, Clones, 19th June 2pm

Started by oakleafgael, May 29, 2011, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Venue bound to be Casement Park but you wouldn't know with the Ulster Council.

Armagh where very impressive last night and I wouldnt be overly confident that we have whats needed to get to our first Ulster Final since 2000. The Armagh midfield in particular looks far to strong for what Derry have and we dont have two men capable of marking Clarke and McDonnell. Unless there are drastic changes to how Derry have shaped up this year then Armagh will win this very handily.

Farneylawd2011

It could well be in Clones but you never with the ulster council.

tyroneman

Who would have made the biggest strides forward form last year?

Armagh I would have said.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: tyroneman on May 29, 2011, 10:39:57 AM
Who would have made the biggest strides forward form last year?

Armagh I would have said.

nothing could be read into derry's game last week. That game might as well never had happened. It start's now, in 3 weeks time. Revenge for Celtic Park last year ?

Armagh could, and i mean COULD, have reached their peak already in beating their rivals. Will be an interesting game and hard to call at this stage.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bennydorano

Hope to god it's in Clones, Casement sucks the life out of games.  If the Ulster Council have their money heads on it will be Clones as they'll get the Bo bridgade to Clones before Casement.

As for the game, i'd agree that we could have peaked for Down, but we could also be on the cusp of something.  Armagh wans have long reckoned we have the players and it just needed to be harnassed, POR has got plenty of slagging for his efforts to date but hopefully last night is a sign of things to come.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bennydorano on May 29, 2011, 11:18:08 AM
Hope to god it's in Clones, Casement sucks the life out of games.  If the Ulster Council have their money heads on it will be Clones as they'll get the Bo bridgade to Clones before Casement.

As for the game, i'd agree that we could have peaked for Down, but we could also be on the cusp of something.  Armagh wans have long reckoned we have the players and it just needed to be harnassed, POR has got plenty of slagging for his efforts to date but hopefully last night is a sign of things to come.

i reckon the ulster council will give one semi to clones and one to Belfast.
The Tyr / Mon v Cav / Don semi will be in clones, as will the final obviously, so i cant see them going through a cship and not give a match to Casement.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bennydorano

tbrick18

Derry will be complete outsiders for this game....much in the same way as Armagh were outsiders for the game last night.
Derry are a very young side and we dont have the players we once had so if we were to do what armagh did last night I'd be over the moon.
What I will say though is that Derry will be a lot more attack minded than Down were. Not that Down were defensive, just that we've been in gung-ho attack mode all year and have been racking up good scores. However, defensively we will concede a lot and I can see goals for Armagh. Armagh's MF had a good night last night, but i wouldnt have rated them that highly before that so hopefully we can break even there.
I'd say the game will be in Casement or maybe even Omagh.
What was the attendance last night?

sammymaguire

I reckon this thread can hit 45 pages before the summer solstice  ;)

we should change this board to armaghgaaboard.com

Ard Mhacha Abu!!

Only messing lads, fair fucks to ya. That's what makes this place tick
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

borderfox

This game will be a dogfight IMO and could go either way.  Derry will have their homework done after watching last nights game, and Armagh probably wont play as good again (hope Im wrong though!)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

saffron sam2

Go and pish in your own streets then. Or those in Clones.

How long until Paddy Heaney mentions that Eoin Bradley was the most fouled player in the corresponding fixture last year?

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

isourboydownyet

hope to god the ulster council see sense and play the match in casement,best ground in ulster without a doubt with easy access and plenty of good spots for a drink before and after the game,clones is just a pure dump in comparison imo

Orior

Why has Casement no life? Is the pitch is too big?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

No idea, I just don't like it, nothing scientific like. 

whiskeysteve

Quote from: isourboydownyet on May 30, 2011, 10:12:49 AM
hope to god the ulster council see sense and play the match in casement,best ground in ulster without a doubt with easy access and plenty of good spots for a drink before and after the game,clones is just a pure dump in comparison imo

+1

and v handy for people who hav place to stay in Belfast because of work/uni, saves the time and expense of a trek to Clones.

Diver to make Vernon look like a wee boy. Where is yer man who was on here a couple years ago startin threads about Vernon being the next Tohill? Hes not even the next Dick Clerkin
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w