USFC Armagh v Derry, St Tiernach's Park, Clones, 19th June 2pm

Started by oakleafgael, May 29, 2011, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

I'd have a strong personal preference for Casement given that I live in Belfast during the week but I'd have thought Omagh is as likely as Clones.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 30, 2011, 02:56:28 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on May 30, 2011, 10:12:49 AM
hope to god the ulster council see sense and play the match in casement,best ground in ulster without a doubt with easy access and plenty of good spots for a drink before and after the game,clones is just a pure dump in comparison imo

+1

and v handy for people who hav place to stay in Belfast because of work/uni, saves the time and expense of a trek to Clones.

Diver to make Vernon look like a wee boy. Where is yer man who was on here a couple years ago startin threads about Vernon being the next Tohill? Hes not even the next Dick Clerkin
Lets hope he doesn't try to break his jaw anyway.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Take Your Points on May 29, 2011, 05:54:14 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 29, 2011, 02:51:17 PM
Derry will be complete outsiders for this game....much in the same way as Armagh were outsiders for the game last night.
Derry are a very young side and we dont have the players we once had so if we were to do what armagh did last night I'd be over the moon.
What I will say though is that Derry will be a lot more attack minded than Down were. Not that Down were defensive, just that we've been in gung-ho attack mode all year and have been racking up good scores. However, defensively we will concede a lot and I can see goals for Armagh. Armagh's MF had a good night last night, but i wouldnt have rated them that highly before that so hopefully we can break even there.
I'd say the game will be in Casement or maybe even Omagh.
What was the attendance last night?

Omagh would be excellent given the poor support of the Derry men.  Less than 10K in their own backyard last weekend.
just over the 5K actually.

I think they should move the game to croker tbh.

Bogball XV

Quote from: isourboydownyet on May 30, 2011, 10:12:49 AM
hope to god the ulster council see sense and play the match in casement,best ground in ulster without a doubt with easy access and plenty of good spots for a drink before and after the game,clones is just a pure dump in comparison imo
i'd agree with that, still want the game moved to croker though!

screenexile

As long as it's not in North Derry I'll be happy enough ;)

Redhand Santa

Not much point in bringing this to a big ground. Derry have a poor support and Armagh only brought 3-4000 to a home game against the All Ireland finalists from last year and one of their big rivals - some of their fans cant afford to go to games now, some would rather spend a fortune going to Slane and some would rather watch an English soccer team on tv (the poor Dubs always get hammered for this!).

illdecide

Quote from: screenexile on May 30, 2011, 09:44:32 PM
As long as it's not in North Derry I'll be happy enough ;)

Celtic Park Screen and you're puying the pints (first round anyway)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Moortown Spuds

I hope there is no Soccer game/Concert on that day for the Bandwagon "Best Fans In The World" to be double-booked.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on May 31, 2011, 10:50:47 AM
I hope there is no Soccer game/Concert on that day for the Bandwagon "Best Fans In The World" to be double-booked.

WUM

you seem very concerned about Armagh

mackers

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 30, 2011, 09:00:49 AM
How long until Paddy Heaney mentions that Eoin Bradley was the most fouled player in the corresponding fixture last year?
:D :D.............he may leave it to the week of the match. 
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

J OGorman

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 30, 2011, 09:00:49 AM

How long until Paddy Heaney mentions that Eoin Bradley was the most fouled player in the corresponding fixture last year?

not before you have

Would be more than happy with Omagh as the venue, as long as the pitch has firmed a good bit (has it staged many semi's in the past?) or Casement as 2nd preference.

Great game on Sat evening, I hope to blazes Brennan has the homework done. With both teams attack minded and the defences a tad on the leaky side, this could be a real humdinger.

mackers

I hate Omagh more than I hate Casement but I'd say that's where it will be played.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

The Iceman

lads any confirmation on the date? i heard today the match was on the 26th???
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

king of leon

Must be the 19th because the Derry club championship is scheduled for the weekend of the 26th..

The Iceman

I'm home on the 23rd so trying to get a game in when I'm back. Ulster Final could be the 10th of July?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight