Tyrone v Mayo - 9th Feb in Omagh - Deferred coverage on TG4

Started by Fuzzman, February 03, 2014, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Parsons out for 4 to 6 weeks, according to WJ's blog, he found the info from the Mayo News. Saying that, Gibbons impressed in winning primary possession when he came on the last day. Our fellas will have to improve their fitness when picking up breaking ball around the middle. Saying that, Carolan did well enough in that regard, but soloed into blind alleys a bit too often for my liking. Our backs will obviously have to get a lot tighter on their men, I hope the black card hasn't scared the bejaysus out of them.

Re the number 17, he was David Drake. He was good when he came on. He may well give James Horan food for thought in the half back or indeed full back line. While more experimentation would be nice, we don't want to fall way behind and be involved in a relegation dogfight on the final round of the league. I'm sure the lads won't either. I'd say Boyle may be moved out to the hb line with Drake filling in the corner position. What led me to that conclusion, I don't know, but others may feel free to pick up on different things.

Re the forwards, 1-4 from play simply isn't good enough. It would be nicer if they could chip in with a lot more on Sunday. I'm not sure about Varley anymore. He's been tried and tested now long enough and he didn't make any impression when he went on the last day.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

From the Bunker

Disappointing Parsons is out for a while. Needed to have a look at him now! Boyle at corner back i feel is a work around should Cunniffe go get injured again and not to sacrifice Higgins going back again. The problem with Boyle is there is no problem with him where he is at half back.  Varley has to be on a knife edge of becoming surplus to requirements. It's hard to see him making an impact this year. then again, I could have said the same of Freeman last year.

God14

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fuzzman

At the weekend I went to collect my 6 year old son from a party and was giving a lift home to two of his wee pals as well. Both of them are real characters and know their football inside out already.

They got in the car and saw my Tyrone badge thingy hanging from the mirror.
Both were wearing their new Dubs shirts and so one pipes up
Do you support Tyrone?
Yeah I said
They're a bunch of cheats!
Why do you say that I asked?
Cos last year they did loads of fouling and dragging players down.
The other lad then joins in and starts slating Tyrone and shouting cheats cheats cheats!!!!

My lad didn't seem to upset when I put them out of the car and give them money for the bus home.
Brolly has a lot to answer for.
For once in my life I was speechless.

Wee Roddy

My cousin got a clout in Coppers for being from Tyrone on the night of last years All Ireland final. He had a Tyrone tracksuit top on him and one lad punched him in the side of the head ranting about being a disgrace to the association. The lad was thrown out and the bounchers told my cousin it was a regular enough occurrence every time Tyrone were playing that day.

Fuzzman

Where would you see Mickey playing big Sean?
With these new rules I'd love to see him cause havoc on the edge of the square and it would hugely benefit McCurry and RON's games as well

Onthe40

Unfortunately i still think we need Sean in the middle..as its been mentioned before we were completely cleaned out in that area last sat nite in the 2nd half, and we will come up against stronger midfields than Derrys.His strength is winning ball around the middle and running at defences drawing fouls or scoring..not sure he would be as effective in at FF.

Fuzzman

Would it not be worth a try for a few league games anyway to ease him back into it
If we're struggling out at MF then you can move him out. I think Colm is a better fielder than Sean is but definitely Sean is great for running at teams from MF

CD

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 05, 2014, 05:00:30 PM
Would it not be worth a try for a few league games anyway to ease him back into it
If we're struggling out at MF then you can move him out. I think Colm is a better fielder than Sean is but definitely Sean is great for running at teams from MF

As Sean said himself last year, he'll benefit more than most from the new rules - I hope Mickey keeps him well out the pitch and has him running at teams from midfield. I can't think of any player who is harder to stop once he gets a gallop up!

It'll be a great weapon for Tyrone and hopefully will discourage teams from leaving a player in a deep sweeping position thus freeing up our full forward line a bit! Last season, a combination of our slow build up and a sweeper standing in front of Stevie seriously restricted our firepower. If that sweeper has to play 20 or 30 yards further out the pitch to stop Sean Cavanagh or Conan Grugan getting up a head of steam, there'll be more space to pick out Matty Donnelly, McAliskey, McCurrie etc. In theory!!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

BennyHarp

Quote from: Onthe40 on February 05, 2014, 04:40:00 PM
Unfortunately i still think we need Sean in the middle..as its been mentioned before we were completely cleaned out in that area last sat nite in the 2nd half, and we will come up against stronger midfields than Derrys.His strength is winning ball around the middle and running at defences drawing fouls or scoring..not sure he would be as effective in at FF.

He won footballer of the year from full forward!
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Is there a suspension with the black card?

If not, I'd imagine a similar side with Sean as sub.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Tyrone flying it at the moment. Mayo away from home. Tyrone with the extra few hours rest. If Mayo manage to win, it'll be a surprise.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.