Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: square_ball on May 10, 2024, 01:31:48 PMWe've been looking up holidays for next May for a family of 5 in the usual places - Majorca, Salou, Albufeira and they're not coming in with much change from £4k and a lot of those are just half board. Pre Covid for a family of 4 we got an inclusive for under £2k in Lanzorote similar time of year.

11 nights in camping Sanguli, sleeps 6, 1400.

StephenC

Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2024, 10:23:46 AMAny recommendations for family things for ten days or a fortnight in Donegal in early August for a family with a near 4 year old and a6 month old baby?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&z=9&mid=1BXuw_WJEKHWFZTeGSDWTcJcOn-U&ll=54.9334544873361%2C-7.852233499999997

Some ideas here - it's a little old but useful enough.

One thing I learned when our kids were that young was to not make the holiday about them. At 6 months and 4 years, they are going to be happy wherever you are as long as you can give them your time. So do things that the adults will enjoy and just let the kids be happy in your company.

square_ball

Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2024, 02:29:13 PM
Quote from: square_ball on May 10, 2024, 01:31:48 PMWe've been looking up holidays for next May for a family of 5 in the usual places - Majorca, Salou, Albufeira and they're not coming in with much change from £4k and a lot of those are just half board. Pre Covid for a family of 4 we got an inclusive for under £2k in Lanzorote similar time of year.

11 nights in camping Sanguli, sleeps 6, 1400.

Same again then for flights to get there. Have actually been to that place before albeit stated in the lodges and its a really good spot.

gallsman

Well it's the lodges/villas I meant. I wouldn't be one for the aul tent now. Fond of my air con and instant hot water. Iberian finals are in Salou next Saturday with a bank holiday on the Monday so we're going down and staying for a few days.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2024, 02:56:15 PMWell it's the lodges/villas I meant. I wouldn't be one for the aul tent now. Fond of my air con and instant hot water. Iberian finals are in Salou next Saturday with a bank holiday on the Monday so we're going down and staying for a few days.

Sanguli is the best Eurocamp I've been to by a fair bit. Class spot!!

FermGael

Anybody give a recommendation for a Eurocamp near Paris ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

An Watcher

Quote from: screenexile on May 10, 2024, 08:15:41 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2024, 02:56:15 PMWell it's the lodges/villas I meant. I wouldn't be one for the aul tent now. Fond of my air con and instant hot water. Iberian finals are in Salou next Saturday with a bank holiday on the Monday so we're going down and staying for a few days.

Heading to Cambrils this year and interested to see how it compares to Marina di Venezia. 

snoopdog

Quote from: An Watcher on May 12, 2024, 01:33:41 PM

Heading to Cambrils this year and interested to see how it compares to Marina di Venezia. 
Cambrils is fantastic. Been 5 times. Kids love it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snoopdog on May 12, 2024, 03:06:26 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on May 12, 2024, 01:33:41 PM

Cambrils is fantastic. Been 5 times. Kids love it.

Would love to have my kids that age again to go back.. Cambrills was excellent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clonian

I need to hire a car in Malaga in July. Been looking at a few options and got some recommendations for the companies to use but I was wondering are you better taking the higher cost options to cover for the issues with scratches etc. I have heard of some nightmares on returning the car.
It works our €268 without the extra cover and €1200 on your card or €412 with the higher cover level.

majestic

Quote from: clonian on May 13, 2024, 09:36:39 AMI need to hire a car in Malaga in July. Been looking at a few options and got some recommendations for the companies to use but I was wondering are you better taking the higher cost options to cover for the issues with scratches etc. I have heard of some nightmares on returning the car.
It works our €268 without the extra cover and €1200 on your card or €412 with the higher cover level.

I've hired a car aboard a few times. First time I paid for the extra cover, and it does give you serious peace of mind while driving, and even moreso when parked up, you don't have to worry about someone dinging it while you are out and about. But there is a fair difference in price.

The last few times, I've gone with the cheaper option, but have taken out additional third party insurance to cover the excess they hold on your CC, I think the last time it was £20 or something. Luckily never had a problem when returning the car, so have no experience on how easy it is to claim etc. More for peace of mind.

gallsman

Always buy your own car hire excess insurance. Can get annual policies for 50 quid odd. The car hire company will absolutely gouge you.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clonian on May 13, 2024, 09:36:39 AMI need to hire a car in Malaga in July. Been looking at a few options and got some recommendations for the companies to use but I was wondering are you better taking the higher cost options to cover for the issues with scratches etc. I have heard of some nightmares on returning the car.

Go over that car with a fine toothcomb and take pictures of any scratches that are there before taking it..

Been a while since I've hired a car think the last ones were Sixt and it was ok, some bullshit with trying to upsale you on the day, but They are all at it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thebigfella

I usually take it, if this price not too bad, as means you can rock up at airport hand the keys in and fcuk off. Its worth the 150 euro now just to avoid queueing.

maddog

I use a broker called Autoeurope. Never take the extra insurance. Probably have used them about 10 times now and never had a problem.