Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on June 02, 2024, 08:09:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 02, 2024, 07:15:54 PMYou'd be hoping Fermanagh out of those three
I don't think that's McEntee's mindset at all.  He'll be thinking let's take out a 'big' team. Sort of mentality that might actually see Antrim win something. I'm old enough to remember Andy had his critics, but he's doing well overall imo.

Those three teams are bigger than us currently and beating them would be an achievement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

He's doing a great job tbf to him. He's brought a professionalism and a discipline to the setup that we haven't seen before.

In saying that one step at a time... we have London to beat.

Delgany 2nds

Quote from: Round or stuffed on May 30, 2024, 10:52:48 PMwill we find out who plays who in the division 2 split at some stage before the first game next week, or expect white smoke lunchtime Wednesday?

Round 1.  Wednesday 5th
Naomh Treasa v Naomh Pádraig
Naomh Pol v Naomh Seosmh

Round 2
CLg Mac daibheid v Naomh Padraig
Naomh Seosmh v Naomh Treasa

Round 3
Naomh Padraig v Naomh Pol
Naomh Treasa v CLg Mac Daibheid

Round 4
ClG Mac Daibneid v Naomh Pol
Naomh Seosmh v Maomh Padraig

Round 5
Naomh Seosmh v CLG Mac Daibeid
Naomh Pol v Naomh Treas

Div 2B

Round 1 Wednesday 5th
Ciceam Ard Eoin v Gort na Mona
 Padraig Sairseil V Rasharkin

Round 2
Dunloy v Ciceam Ard Eoin
Rasharkin v Gort na Mona

Round 3
Gort na Mona v Dunloy
Padraig Sairseil v ciceam Ard

Round 4
Padraig Sairseil v Gort na Mona
Rasharkin v Dunloy

Round 5
Padraig Sairseil v Dunloy
Ciceam Ard Eoin v Rasharkin

bannside

Funny thing is we were arguably better than Sligo, or put it another way, created more clear cut goal chances.

One more score would have won it and left us with a fortnight off and importantly a home QF. Yes we should beat London at home but yesterday's result means we will be away to Fermanagh Down or Kildare. No easy tasks there, but none impossible either.

Ryan McQuillan (as predicted 15 months ago) is turning out to be a marquee scoring forward and I'd love to see him in a forward line with heads up players like Ryan Murray, Conchuir Johnston and the unfortunate Adam Loughran who is struggling to shake off a persistent hip injury.

We live in hope all four will be available for next years league, but in meantime let's enjoy what's left of this season.

imtommygunn

Would there not be some game time in Johnston if he's been on the bench last few games? Loughran came on against tipp but seems away again.

bannside

Adams hip injury flared up again unfortunately ITG, just as he was playing his way back in! Connaire got 10 mins yesterday, coming back to himself after completing rehab on his quad.

Only time I saw them on the pitch together was Pairc Esler last year against Down (we were superb that night) and last 20 against Meath in the Tailteean semi in Croke Park where they looked like they were born to play there.

imtommygunn

I only watched the game back and realised johnston came on. I think he will be a big addition. Hand is improving in that area too. I think if he ups his game discipline wise he's a good player for us. We could have beat Sligo there. Probably should have scored that last chance. The performance was very good tbh. Hopefully if we keep that up we have a scalp or two in us.

Gold

Quote from: Sportacus on June 02, 2024, 08:09:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 02, 2024, 07:15:54 PMYou'd be hoping Fermanagh out of those three
I don't think that's McEntee's mindset at all.  He'll be thinking let's take out a 'big' team. Sort of mentality that might actually see Antrim win something. I'm old enough to remember Andy had his critics, but he's doing well overall imo.

Agreed
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

NorthAntrim

Quote from: imtommygunn on Today at 01:35:05 PMI only watched the game back and realised johnston came on. I think he will be a big addition. Hand is improving in that area too. I think if he ups his game discipline wise he's a good player for us. We could have beat Sligo there. Probably should have scored that last chance. The performance was very good tbh. Hopefully if we keep that up we have a scalp or two in us.

Thought we were doing well, running down the clock for one last chance leaving them no time to attack again. Ended up taking the shot too early