Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I see Paddy Power have not made a balls of pricing the match as they did last year and for this years semi final with Loughgile

Cushendall 1/2
Dunloy 7/4
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

it was 4/5 earlier today
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on September 23, 2009, 09:59:21 PM
it was 4/5 earlier today

With PP? I checked about 6pm and that was the odds, still the same now. Won't be touching it at those prices.

the colonel

yeah im quite sure it was that earlier minder, or 4/6 one of the two with PP
the difference between success and failure is energy

slow corner back

Quote from: maxpower on September 23, 2009, 01:03:02 PM
I haven't commented on any of our games to date, so relunctant to do so.  but the facts are there, we have scrapped through Glenarriffe and ballycastle (a team fighting relegation and a Div 2 team) where Cushendall have breezed to the final, crushing loughgiel.

They are the Champions and the favourites, and rightly so,

I think the match will be won in the ulgys, the hooking/blocking/pulling/stopping.  Cushendall for all their hurling are also excellent at that
Cushendall are comfortably the best team in the county at tackling,blocking,hooking etc thats why no one runs up a big score against them ( when it is championship, league games in April May do not count ). I expect a tight low scoring game with C Dall winning by 1-11 to 0-11 say?

milltown row

should be a a good game, Cushendall by 4.

the minor match will be very good also. i fancy Rossa for this one.

the county will be  getting twenty quid off me over the weekend!! tenner in to both games

Last Man

Ah sure you wouldn't begrudge it MR, hope Rasharkin get the Minor B to go with the Junior in their Centenary year.

milltown row

ok final predictions,

Rossa to win minor final in a classic

and Cushendall to overcome Dunloy by 5 points.

Minder

Dunloy 3-5
Cushendall 0-7 HT

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on September 27, 2009, 11:44:00 AM
ok final predictions,

Rossa to win minor final in a classic

and Cushendall to overcome Dunloy by 5 points.
You're half right so far.

Minder

Dunloy 3-14
Cushendall 1-13 FT

girt_giggler

Poor match,dunloy never look troubled

Tony Baloney

Big shock to anyone outside Dunloy, and probably to a few in the village too. They certainly saved their best til last.

Minder

Quote from: girt_giggler on September 27, 2009, 05:28:42 PM
Poor match,dunloy never look troubled

I have never seen the Dall as bad, if you keep Mc Manus and Shane Mc Naughton quiet there isn't much else to worry about in the Cushendall forward line. Have to say Dick O'Kane was tremendous, gave a masterclass. Magee gave as good a goalkeeping display as I have seen.

milltown row

Dunloy played really well. sharper on the ball and Paddy Richmond was in good form, caught some ball of Scullion. Dick O'Kane give a masterclass at left half forward. caught most puck outs and give good ball to his team mates.

Dunloy though managed to kill time with going down after scores, slowed the game down and it never really hit top gear.

thought Owen got one penalty right, the other two were not, IMHO.

McGee was great in nets and that makes a big difference. Cushendall's famous defence let in three goals. seems McCambridge's red card hurt more than what most on here thought.

minor match was a good game, second half Loughgiel fell apart and Rossa got the goals.

did anyone notice that Loughgiel had a man sent off? then Loughgiel put on a sub but failed to have 14 men??? bit of a balls up as Loughgiel scored a goal while having a 'extra man' had Rossa lost by a point how would that have worked out?