Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

aidso was suspended from playing football but not hurling

Balboa

Quote from: milltown row on September 10, 2007, 10:54:47 AM
aidso was suspended from playing football but not hurling

I thought if you are suspended it counts for both.

maxpower

Draws made for SHC and JHC

Dunloy v Cushendall
Loughgiel v Ballycastle

Armoy v Cloughmills
Ballymena v Rasharkin

anyone know when and where these matches are.

Just for a change the shamrocks get the handier draw, certainly cushendall will be a though proposition but we always knew we'd have to beat them if we are serious about a championship.
What happens next????

milltown row

no all change this year, sure he can play county football and club hurling depending on the type of suspension he got for the football game against Lamhs

imtommygunn

The games are on the weekend of the 23rd of September.

Not sure about venues and I would doubt it'll be a double header unless they go to casement as the only grounds suitable in north antrim all have teams involved in it.

I would guess cushendall - dunloy will again be in ballycastle and the other one is hard to know. Maybe it could be in dunloy or maybe they might consider bringing it to glenravel but would doubt it.

topgun

nothing to do with the thread, thought i would take the opportunity to let us no that if anyones interested poker classic (texas) in the Harps club Armagh on friday night, 8 30pm start, £20 in, proceeds in aid of mencap, member of the harps running the New York marathon in november, all support greatly welcomed, see www.justgiving.com/paulhagan if anyone would like to contribute.

Thanks Topgun
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Ruairi Og exile

Cushendall v Dunloy will be in Ballycastle & the other semi will be in Dunloy. Tough draw for us after Dunloys good win yesterday. But to win it you have to beat the best like Max said

Any word on the minor replay?? would like to make it but work commitments might stop it. Made it to the final on friday night. It was one of the best matches have seen in a while & the best at minor level. Unfortunately the shamrocks got a goal at the end to break our hearts but where did he 4 & 1/2 minutes from I dont know. Plus one of their players getting 2 yellow cards & not getting sent off. But our boys will be ready again the next day

slow corner back

I heard at the match last night that cossie dallas of Ballycastle got a month so he should be back for the 23rd. By the look of them yesterday they will need all the help they can get. I reckon both matches should be a double header in armoy,lol.

Balboa

Quote from: slow corner back on September 10, 2007, 08:29:57 PM
I heard at the match last night that cossie dallas of Ballycastle got a month so he should be back for the 23rd. By the look of them yesterday they will need all the help they can get. I reckon both matches should be a double header in armoy,lol.

I doubt he will, he was sent off (harshly) against St Johns on 31st August so if semis are on 23rd Spetember he will miss it.

NAG

Heard the matches were,

Ballycastle vs Loughgiel - Dunloy Saturday 22nd

Cushendall vs Dunloy - Loughgiel Sunday 23rd

Thought the Dunloy loughgiel match was entertaining enough for a dead rubber, noone can tell me that loughgiel werent going full tilt if you had seen their managers in the first half loosing the plot big time.
Think it could be a physcological blow for either Dunloy or Cushendall later in the campaign, to me Loughgiel still looked very very fragile.

girt_giggler

maybe more to do with the fact they were terrible, first half particularly!

NAG

What the opinions on the semi-finals now?

Cant see ballycastle being any good to loughgiel.

Cushendall Dunloy hard to call I would say, cushendall go in favourites of course and are still playing well enough to deserve that. But maybe the lack of competitive games may catch up with them. Dunloy played quite few good games lately but still havent been really pushed so this sets it up for an entralling encounter.

Dont think I would be putting my house on it either way.

girt_giggler

Although on the day anything can happen, based on what Ive saw from each team so far in the championship I'd say a Loughgiel v Cushendall final.

See the minor replay has been set for Saturday @ 4pm in Ballycastle. something to look forward to

I think it will be dunloy v c'dall.  the castle are up against it but you never know.

imtommygunn

U21 final result:
Ballycastle    4-13   1-6   Dunloy    Loughguile

Anyone happen to make this game? Any reports?

I'd have thought Dunloy would be favourites for this but that is a fair beating they took. A good boost for Ballycastle going into the championship semis.