Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

Dawn of the planet of the apes- absolutely terrible........

ballinaman

Whiplash....daycent. 7.5/10. Serious acting. Jazz is shite on the otherhand.

charlieTully

The Mrs dragged me to 50 Shades last night. The experience wasn't quite as bad as I feared. The movie was as terrible as you would imagine.great ride after though so all in a 10/10

Santino

nrico2006

I watched American Sniper over two sittings and thought it was ok.  Saw John Wick there and was pretty good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Iceman

Calvary: 8/10 - Gripping show. Me and the Mrs both commented afterwards that we felt like we were there.

John Wick: 6/10 Very watchable - they should have left the poor dog alone.....

Fury: 8/10 great show - best war film in a while
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Last Man

+1 on Fury, great show. Brad certainly revels in taking out Nazis.

Main Street

Quote from: charlieTully on February 15, 2015, 02:35:51 AM
The Mrs dragged me to 50 Shades last night. The experience wasn't quite as bad as I feared. The movie was as terrible as you would imagine.great ride after though so all in a 10/10
Last resort for Mrs Tully, finally drag her man out to get a bit of education and move away from his tiresome caveman approach.

charlieTully

Quote from: Main Street on February 17, 2015, 10:01:44 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on February 15, 2015, 02:35:51 AM
Last resort for Mrs Tully, finally drag her man out to get a bit of education and move away from his tiresome caveman approach.

Too true fella. I never realised how much fun duct tape could be. Now I dont even have to listen to her. Chicken dinners all round.

The Iceman

Reclaim: 6/10 Watchable. Acting was a little off and not sure what kind of look they were going for with the camera work. Gripping subject matter.
Hercules: 6/10 certainly watchable - the Rock is a bear of a man he has some chemicals in his system at this point.
The Immigrant (Mrs wanted to watch it) 5/10 she gave it a 7/10 I didn't think it was nominee material
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Tony Baloney

Run All Night - actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would considering it is about the 15th movie in a row of Liam Neeson punching, shooting and driving very fast to protect a member of his family. 7.5/10.
Surely he would have been a better Reacher than Tom Cruise considering he is roughly the correct height and build, albeit too old.

tbrick18

71 - Decent enough, 6.5/10
Fury - One of the best films I've seen in a long time. 9/10

nrico2006

Was going to watch Fury on Showbox but it doesn't seem to have the whole movie there, only 90 odd minutes of footage.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

HiMucker

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 16, 2015, 02:29:47 PM
Was going to watch Fury on Showbox but it doesn't seem to have the whole movie there, only 90 odd minutes of footage.
They have it on HD Cinema.   Similar app available on android.  You have to download it through the web rather than through the app store.

nrico2006

Quote from: HiMucker on March 16, 2015, 02:38:14 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 16, 2015, 02:29:47 PM
They have it on HD Cinema.   Similar app available on android.  You have to download it through the web rather than through the app store.

Will have to give it a go, good man.