Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 20, 2009, 12:06:00 PM
No, that was Brady...

A Creggan - Cargin final would be a good one.

I fancy Creggan to take Ports.

St Brigids are ever improving too. Not sure what they could do - but I think they're a bit short of Creggan / Portglenone yet.

why not a Creggan - Galls final imtommygunn? ::) ::)

imtommygunn

neighbourhood rivalry, nothing personal!

Galls appear too good for anyone anyway but cargin creggan would put a bit of life in a final which, through no fault of your own, has been sadly lacking for years.

milltown row

OK granted. new manager to be brought into Galls this year. surprised at the lack of intrest, not too many wanted the job. but the only team that will beat St galls will be themselves. still very strong and i thought last year Cargin would have pipped us, but it wasn't to be and it may be the case this year again

imtommygunn

It has to be said you guys are a superb team and Cargin probably have a bit of catching up to do. They have the players that should be able to challenge you though bit for one reason or another don't/

If not for Crossmaglen you could have done a bit more. Not sure it's in that team now unfortunately...

Gold

Sure Gall's manage themselves, they dont need a manager. Cargin have some great young players but i feel they like a ruthlessness up front to be the very best. St Galls should be going for 9 in a row only they slipped up that day due to injuries/complacency etc. They will take some stopping.

St Galls will make the final and Portglenone may make their 3rd or it may be a novel final with Creggan being there, but in reality it wont matter a f**k, you cant look past St Galls
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

loughshore lad

I hear Eamon Wilkinson from Ballinderry has been installed as the new Cargin manager.

Glensman

I may have missed something but has wee James left St Galls?

Cargin Creggan final would be worth attending but can't see past the Galls (with or without manager).

Bitta-Banter

I hear St Brigids have made a good few new signings over the winter.They seem more interested in recruitin rather than bringing through their own.

bannside

I`d be the first to admit that St Brigids are good for Antrim Football. They are destined to be a massive club, and increased competition can only be a good thing. A lot of professional people settling in the area, and Id say it wont be long before their juvenile set up cranks up a few gears as well.

They seem to "up the ante" every year by about 20% from the year before, and at that rate I definitely wouldnt bet against them winning a senior c`ship in next two/three years.

Or if they "just happen to stumble across" a few more like Dara Edwards every year, who knows, maybe sooner.

imtommygunn

There are many Sean O'Neill's about.

Sure there are two in the Tyrone panel...

milltown row

bannside

So which Sean O Neill is it? By the way, the Davitts version is a helluva player. The unsung hero of that decent minor team of a few years ago. He is a goalkeeper in the Irish league though - might make committment difficult. But definitely county class in my book.

culchie11

for anyone who's interested, kevin madden is on superdocs tonight bbc1 9pm.
bbc follows him in a sort of documentary about his heart surgery.
i wonder will he give break for ball a mention, lol.

Glensman

It was certainly a shame to see Madden's career cut short by his heart issues.
As regards the programme he was a super ambassador for the GAA this evening both speaking very well and showing strength and determination.
A pretty good Gael in my eyes and I wish him luck in whatever he does.

mattockranger

Excellent insight last night to the salt of the earth that is Kevin madden!

a fine Role model to any aspiring gael!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital