Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2014, 11:54:17 AM
Hmmm, the North Antrim league thing should have been graded surely?

Definitely should of had 2 divisions.....Ballycastle, Cushendall, Carey, Cloughmills, Randalstown,Glenariff and Cushendun (the div 1 & 2 teams) should have been in division one and the rest (div 3 & 4) Armoy, St Endas, Glenarm, Glenravel, in division 2. All 11 teams in a one way league is a pointless exercise.

What are the div 3 & 4 teams gaining by getting a hammering? Armoy hammered Glenravel and Carey beat Cushendun by 15 points yesterday as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on March 10, 2014, 12:09:35 PM

Definitely should of had 2 divisions.....Ballycastle, Cushendall, Carey, Cloughmills, Randalstown,Glenariff and Cushendun (the div 1 & 2 teams) should have been in division one and the rest (div 3 & 4) Armoy, St Endas, Glenarm, Glenravel, in division 2. All 11 teams in a one way league is a pointless exercise.

What are the div 3 & 4 teams gaining by getting a hammering? Armoy hammered Glenravel and Carey beat Cushendun by 15 points yesterday as well.

Even with county players away and the like you'll still have better squads available than the lesser teams. Cushendall's reserve team last year was very impressive so even if they just played that team they'd be too strong for most Div 2 teams
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2014, 12:18:47 PM

Even with county players away and the like you'll still have better squads available than the lesser teams. Cushendall's reserve team last year was very impressive so even if they just played that team they'd be too strong for most Div 2 teams

How difficult is it to get a group of hurling people around a table for an evening and work out some kind of workable pre-season type 'tournament' that benefits all? You would think this is nuclear science or something.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on March 10, 2014, 12:30:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2014, 12:18:47 PM

How difficult is it to get a group of hurling people around a table for an evening and work out some kind of workable pre-season type 'tournament' that benefits all? You would think this is nuclear science or something.

They do would you believe!! I think though a better option would be to to have the managers, and the sec's (just to keep it within the rules) to sit around and arrange something, the managers will come to a better solution than the committee men/women
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

Is anything needed?

It is only March, hurling is much more enjoyable in the better weather and the championship is not until late Aug/Sept.

Sure if no one has a pre season tournament we all start off equally disadvantaged.
What happens next????

Tony Baloney

Quote from: maxpower on March 10, 2014, 10:23:33 PM
Is anything needed?

It is only March, hurling is much more enjoyable in the better weather and the championship is not until late Aug/Sept.

Sure if no one has a pre season tournament we all start off equally disadvantaged.
You're a bit of a stranger round these parts lately!

Bonamargy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 10, 2014, 11:13:44 PM
Is anything needed?

So, don't try to improve yourself and accept that you will be in just as bad a starting position as everyone else? Can't see any manager/team accepting that nonsense.

ACHL division 1 splits at the halfway stage this year. After playing each team once (9 games) the league splits into a relegation group of 5 teams and a group of 5 who can win the league. All teams will want to hit the ground running and get points on the board early to stay out of the relegation group.

You will only have a total of 13 games in division 1 this year. 9 before the split, and a further 4 against the teams in your half of the league.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on March 11, 2014, 08:33:27 AM
Is anything needed?

So, don't try to improve yourself and accept that you will be in just as bad a starting position as everyone else? Can't see any manager/team accepting that nonsense.

ACHL division 1 splits at the halfway stage this year. After playing each team once (9 games) the league splits into a relegation group of 5 teams and a group of 5 who can win the league. All teams will want to hit the ground running and get points on the board early to stay out of the relegation group.

You will only have a total of 13 games in division 1 this year. 9 before the split, and a further 4 against the teams in your half of the league.

We've winable games at home this year but far to tight to call. Would love to catch one of the bigger teams off the boil one week away from home, would certainly give us a boost, big numbers training away this year and the bench is looking very healthy, hopefully we can keep everyone happy and they stay for the season

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2014, 08:47:47 AM
Is anything needed?

We've winable games at home this year but far to tight to call. Would love to catch one of the bigger teams off the boil one week away from home, would certainly give us a boost, big numbers training away this year and the bench is looking very healthy, hopefully we can keep everyone happy and they stay for the season

I wonder why that is  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on March 11, 2014, 08:50:14 AM
Is anything needed?

I wonder why that is  ;)

Strange thing that ::)  I played my first game of the year too, those feckers aren't going to have the chance of getting to a final without me ffs!! 26 years I've been hanging around for this lol!!

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2014, 08:55:51 AM
Is anything needed?

I wonder why that is  ;)

Strange thing that ::)  I played my first game of the year too, those feckers aren't going to have the chance of getting to a final without me ffs!! 26 years I've been hanging around for this lol!!

Did you never think to yourself I am the common denominator during those barren 26 years?   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on March 11, 2014, 08:59:15 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2014, 08:55:51 AM
Is anything needed?

I wonder why that is  ;)

Did you never think to yourself I am the common denominator during those barren 26 years?   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll get my coat..........

maxpower

Bonamargy who said playing challenge matches or preseason matches in feb/March actually improves quality of hurling, I'll accept it will help pick up league points early doors but so what.  The season starts and end with Championship!

Not my choice but I'd quite happily let a team focus on conditioning and working on hurling weaknesses without the distractions of hurling through bogs in March, build performances through the league and be ready for Championship

Tony - more a casual lurker these days!
What happens next????

Bonamargy

Quote from: maxpower on March 11, 2014, 09:44:47 PM
Bonamargy who said playing challenge matches or preseason matches in feb/March actually improves quality of hurling, I'll accept it will help pick up league points early doors but so what.  The season starts and end with Championship!

Not my choice but I'd quite happily let a team focus on conditioning and working on hurling weaknesses without the distractions of hurling through bogs in March, build performances through the league and be ready for Championship

You can train all you want. There is no better preparation than playing matches. See you in September then!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on March 12, 2014, 07:59:40 AM
Quote from: maxpower on March 11, 2014, 09:44:47 PM

You can train all you want. There is no better preparation than playing matches. See you in September then!

Confident then?