Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on September 07, 2017, 07:50:54 AM
Errigal Ciaran seniors finished top of D1, their reserves won the league, their thirds finished in D3 playoffs and their thirds reserves are in championship final. They must be serving at least 80 adult players across this? Without their thirds I would say the surrounding clubs would benefit from a few over-spill players. I believe they have also turned down transfers, good players too, into their club over the last few years.

Being too young to remember can someone regale the tale of the Ballygawley, Glencul etc civil war and the formation of Errigal Ciaran. Who were the chiefs behind the war and the peacemakers in the resolutions?
Any names?

Under Lights

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 07, 2017, 08:15:43 AM
Errigal Ciaran seniors finished top of D1, their reserves won the league, their thirds finished in D3 playoffs and their thirds reserves are in championship final. They must be serving at least 80 adult players across this? Without their thirds I would say the surrounding clubs would benefit from a few over-spill players. I believe they have also turned down transfers, good players too, into their club over the last few years.

Being too young to remember can someone regale the tale of the Ballygawley, Glencul etc civil war and the formation of Errigal Ciaran. Who were the chiefs behind the war and the peacemakers in the resolutions?

Errigal 3rds aren't in the Div 3 play offs.

Sorry my mistake, they could potentially be though with one game to go. Still good going.

Jeremiah O

Kyle Coney has been Ardboe's best player this year by some distance but as long as Mickey is in charge there'll be no return to the Tyrone squad.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Legoman5

Quote from: Under Lights on September 07, 2017, 09:39:51 AM

Sorry my mistake, they could potentially be though with one game to go. Still good going.

Wasn't Micky Harte one of the main instigators of the formation Or Errigal Ciaran?

Main reason behind it - Peter Canavan

Man Marker

Fr Sean Hegarty was the peace maker

Under Lights

Quote from: Legoman5 on September 07, 2017, 11:33:31 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 07, 2017, 09:39:51 AM

Wasn't Micky Harte one of the main instigators of the formation Or Errigal Ciaran?

Main reason behind it - Peter Canavan

The current Errigal Ciaran was originally called Ballygawley St Marys IIRC, containing all the townlands that it does now. There was a civil war and a break up of this club with new clubs formed, people from different areas claiming they didn't get fair play. Peace was made and a new club formed. Someone older can probably regale it better. I would like to know who was involved in the original break away.

vallankumous

Quote from: Jeremiah O on September 07, 2017, 11:16:56 AM
Kyle Coney has been Ardboe's best player this year by some distance but as long as Mickey is in charge there'll be no return to the Tyrone squad.

Yip, the County Board should reconsider for the sake of Kyle Coney of Ardboe.

GJL

Quote from: Man Marker on September 07, 2017, 11:40:02 AM

Fr Sean Hegarty RIP was the peace maker

When did Fr Hegarty die?

sensethetone

Quote from: GJL on September 07, 2017, 01:14:27 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on September 07, 2017, 11:40:02 AM

Fr Sean Hegarty RIP was the peace maker

When did Fr Hegarty die?

I don't think he has? May be wrong.

Wee Roddy

Father Sean is alive and well and enjoying life. He is retired but still smoking the Benson and hedges. He is some character and we were very privileged to have him in the Parish for a decade or so.

sensethetone

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 07, 2017, 01:37:34 PM
Father Sean is alive and well and enjoying life. He is retired but still smoking the Benson and hedges. He is some character and we were very privileged to have him in the Parish for a decade or so.

We had him twice, great character.

bogball88

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 05, 2017, 01:01:04 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on September 05, 2017, 09:57:33 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on September 05, 2017, 09:45:44 AM
Tony Devine, played for CNG. Genuinely have no knowledge of why he transferred or the background to his ties with Owen Roes.

And for the record it was Under Lights who made the original post/comment. I acknowledged the hard work that has been put in up to now, but he has certainly been a big addition to the team.
Was he the only player that has transferred in Norf? Genuinely curious

Yes. The only one.

The lad transferred into the same Club his brother, sisters, nephews and cousins played all their lives for.

In fact to the best of my memory he is the only player to transfer into our Club in the last 15 years to play for the seniors.
Did Lorny Crossan not play for you for a few years?

WT4E

Quote from: sensethetone on September 07, 2017, 02:25:00 PM

We had him twice, great character.

When he landed back to our parish he landed to sunday morning training and told us it was football first, chapel second and if we had time left women 3rd!!!! LOL

GJL

Glad to hear that. Great wee man..

ONeill

Any idea when the last 2 rounds of the Junior league will be played?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.