Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Minder on June 08, 2009, 10:24:45 PM
I was under the impression we get a "loser" in Munster, either Cork or losers of Waterford v Limerick. Could be wrong.

I think us, Cork, Offaly and Laois (all as first round losers) are in an open draw. Could be wrong too!

imtommygunn

I think it's just an open draw.

If we get Cork it's a disaster. If we get Offaly you never know though they'll be wanting to put the wexford performance behind them. Laois should be beatable but on yesterday's performance there are no guarantees of anything...

Baile an tuaigh

Sunday I was coaching young kids, I didn't even ask for the result someone told me. Heard from one of the players a few weeks back say that trainings were "brutal". That was enough. So to protect myself from severe dissapointment/depression I blocked the game out of my head. Self counseling if you will. Its much easier that way. I'm not going to blame anyone as we all have our limitations. I dread still being in the Mc Carthy there is going to be more rough times a head. PS Heard there was nothing for the boys to eat after the game in Croke Park either. You would think Croke Park would have put on something for them. Just typical thoughtlessness from head quarters. No puck a round no tea no nothing no respect. 

theskull1

Nothing but a bunch of cnuts in Croke Park or any County Ground on a big day. The least these boys can be afforded after busting their guts in from of all the Gaels who paid plenty into the GAA coffers to support them is treat them right and give them a decent bite to eat. Unreal .... still treating teams that way. Talk about making it easy for the GPA. :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Hatchfield lets just make the other thing clear as well Tosh was made to feel like he was surplus to requirements and in S&W's eyes he was because they saw all these great minors coming through from their minor teams to take his place. Now tell me if they have replaced him suitably?

NAG1

Thats cool Hatchfield but that was the case that he was more or less forced out. He blows very hot and very cold and that was a failing throughout his county career and maybe why managers found it difficult to rely on him consistently. No doubt a complete and utter talent with stick that would be unrivalled anywhere in Ireland.

Minder

Performance, or lack of, had nothing to do with Tosh being "forced out". You can take that to the bank. One thing is for certain if he performed like any of the forwards on Sunday he would have been off after 15 mins.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Last Man

Wouldn't have to read too much into what you are sayin Minder that its the usual old parochial shite that keeps us where we are.

Minder

Quote from: Last Man on June 09, 2009, 01:27:55 PM
Wouldn't have to read too much into what you are sayin Minder that its the usual old parochial shite that keeps us where we are.
What do you mean?

girt_giggler

Apparently only 14 folk outa of the 40+ players selected for the N Antrim select side trials turned up on saturday evening!  ???

Last Man

In one hand you have a quality player plus IMO would bring a lot of other skills that would be beneficial to the team,a useful fella to have about the place yet he's pushed out. In the other you have a manager(doing the pushing) living over the hedge who may for some perverse reason have formed a deep seated negative opinion of said individual. Way off the mark?? I honestly dont know but very posible in this fckd up county.

NAG1

Last Man in all honesty I think you have hit the nail on the head as to what happened with him.

As for the NA select that is disappointing but not overly suprising there should be more of a push going on this than there currently is.

the colonel

Obviously tosh would have been a better option than some, but I think his loyality to Jingo and support for him would have maybe made S & W feel a bit uneasy as the way they took the post.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Tony Baloney

Quote from: the colonel on June 09, 2009, 04:54:14 PM
Obviously tosh would have been a better option than some, but I think his loyality to Jingo and support for him would have maybe made S & W feel a bit uneasy as the way they took the post.
Let's not dredge up the past. Suffice to say the problem was not with Tosh.

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on June 09, 2009, 04:54:14 PM
Im not sure you would call it "loyalty" to Jingo, Tosh was asked to shaft him by a member of the county executive when they were in New York, by going to the press and saying he had no confidence in Jingo. He refused, call it "loyalty", decency whatever. Tosh knew Jingo had his faults and knew he would have to bring in a hurling trainer,as the training was shite, if he was going to come back the next year.