Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clootfromthe21

So it's Dublin next Saturday lads! Let's hope for a better show than last year . . .

Onthehill

Well people whats the verdicts for Saturday. We are playing a team that are slightly more developed than ourselves but I expect the boys to put up a good performance.

Some will see the Carlow game as a slight blip....it was to a certain extent but we were going in favourites. Now we have absolutely nothing to lose against Dublin in Croker.  A win in this game would be a great achievement.

Cant see many changes to the team - I would say McCrory and Eddie McC will be in as they both showed very well when they came on against Carlow.

tom moore83

Just heard the Antrim team. No dis-respect but Tomas mccann is not up to this standard. Cant believe the management and their logic on this. Now I have absolutely nothing against this lad but we are talking about playing Dublin in Croke Park. I have been to all of the county's hurling matches this year bar one and I can count on my two hands the amont of times Tomas has touched the ball. Surely another player must be deserving of a chance for this is his 7/8th chance and to date he has taken none.

Last Man

Who would you have in front of him Tom? My feeling is that he has yet to shine but dinny must be seeing enough in him in training to take a chance on him. The lad is still young, very honest, strong and hard working and I have seen enough of him to think with careful management they could make something of him. I have yet to see any of his replacements to date make much of a difference and claim his place.

Glensman

Fair play to the boys and Dinny. I  beleive the just kept going and going as Dublin slowed up. A great trait!

Was gutted that I wasn't able to make it down...and now even more so.

An indepth report would be much appreciated.

Milltown Row2

was not at the match but heard it was a cracking game with Antrim winning by a point? Karl Stewart with the winner.

Galway in the Q final nothing to fear!!! though in fairness Galway can play a lot better but its all on the day, McIntyre dismissed us earlier in the year and now we are playing them, i hope Dinny and the rest of his selectors take Antrim to a semi final.

any dates for this match? will have a few beers tonight enjoying this win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Is it confirmed as Galway?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

eoinbeag

Just back. Saffron abu.

Orior

Great match. Antrim down 6 points I think shortly after half time, didnt give up.

I know feck all about hurling, but after the Dublin substitutions in the second half, Antrim played a lot better. Antrim subs were much better too.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Cannon Fodder

Great result against the Dubs. Fair play to Dinny and his back room staff, they have us playing to end, chasing lost causes, hounding the opposition down, and making them make the mistakes. The introduction of the 3 subs certainly changed the game in our favour, all made a major impact, especially around our half back line were we cleared Dublin out in the last 15 minutes. Thats the last 2 matches were we have came late at teams and produced the goods.

Folks we need more support at these matches, not too many at Croker today.   ;D

Trout

Cork now? Hopefully Dinny will keep his mouth shut this time.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Craigyhill Terror

At least this time he'll be right if he says Brian Corcoran's finished

clootfromthe21

Quote from: tom moore83 on July 15, 2010, 05:16:38 PM
Just heard the Antrim team. No dis-respect but Tomas mccann is not up to this standard. Cant believe the management and their logic on this. Now I have absolutely nothing against this lad but we are talking about playing Dublin in Croke Park. I have been to all of the county's hurling matches this year bar one and I can count on my two hands the amont of times Tomas has touched the ball. Surely another player must be deserving of a chance for this is his 7/8th chance and to date he has taken none.

Well, Cyril Farrell thinks we have 6 natural scoring forwards anyway!

Minder

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 18, 2010, 10:47:01 PM
Quote from: tom moore83 on July 15, 2010, 05:16:38 PM

Well, Cyril Farrell thinks we have 6 natural scoring forwards anyway!

I would say Cyril couldn't name the "six scoring forwards".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

samboswig

Alright lads and lassies?

Couldnt get watchin the Sunday Game last night of the mighty saffrons and the RTE Player thing doesnt seem to have The Sunday Game available - does anyone know where I can watch some of the highlights?

Cheers