Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Jayop on July 10, 2018, 03:17:07 PM
Tried to watch Sicario at the weekend but the sound kept going on it on my IPTV player so I gave up. Will try again.

Watched Ready Player One last week and it was such a good film and outdone all my expectations.

Loved Ready Player One too. Anyone who loves 80s and 90s pop culture will enjoy it.

So many background references.

It was like a modern day Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

A Quite Place

Solid 7/10. Would have been higher only for the ending.
#newbridgeornowhere

blewuporstuffed

I watched Calibre on netflix at the weekend.
Thought it was pretty good.
Some really good performances

7.5/10
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Incredibles 2 is very good for older children, I would say small children would get less out of it (8.5/10).

I watched Eye In The Sky on Netflix and it was much better than I thought it would be (7.5/10).

Tony Baloney

I'm giving a strong 9/10 to MI: Fallout.

Main Street

Welcome to New York  - 2014 , Gerard Depardieu plays the part of Strauss Khan  the IMF chief and possible French presidential candidate infamously accused of sexual assault against a hotel maid. It's a savage, no holds barred depiction of the predator. Depardieu is superb and fat, really fat. The film is more of a docudrama, very well edited. Naturally the film was the subject of the French snub and generally treated as toxic.

JimStynes

Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2018, 10:45:04 AM
Welcome to New York  - 2014 , Gerard Depardieu plays the part of Strauss Khan  the IMF chief and possible French presidential candidate infamously accused of sexual assault against a hotel maid. It's a savage, no holds barred depiction of the predator. Depardieu is superb and fat, really fat. The film is more of a docudrama, very well edited. Naturally the film was the subject of the French snub and generally treated as toxic.

Sounds decent. Where'd you watch it?

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 16, 2018, 10:03:09 AM
I watched Calibre on netflix at the weekend.
Thought it was pretty good.
Some really good performances

7.5/10

Calibre was good the main guy though didnt he even try a scottish accent and just kept his belfast one lol.

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on July 29, 2018, 12:56:58 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2018, 10:45:04 AM

Sounds decent. Where'd you watch it?
I downloaded the torrent.

nrico2006

Summer of 84 is very good, 80s themed film that has a bit of the feel of Stranger Things to it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Iceman

Rampage. 5/10  Watched it on a flight - passed the time.
3 Billboards 8/10 great show really really enjoyed it
Tomb Raider - 5/10 watchable inflight entertainment
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gmac

Watched hostiles on Netflix really good I thought, Christian bale is excellent

Targetman

Anyone seen Black KkKlansman, gonna go at weekend

Main Street

Quote from: Targetman on August 28, 2018, 06:22:04 PM
Anyone seen Black KkKlansman, gonna go at weekend
I'll  definitely view it when it becomes available to me. There is a precedent for a black klansman, wasn't it  Richard Prior & Gene Wilder (aka The Frisco Kid) in Blazing Saddles?