Roscommon v Armagh AI Round 1 Quailifer

Started by Syferus, June 18, 2012, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go home ref

While I might agree with you Armamike I think ye lads should concentrate on ye're own failings this year and let us see where the year takes us.
We upped our effort and probably played to our instincts in the second half rather than some daft tactical stuff and it worked against a team that was spiritless and not that interested when the pressure was put on them.
We have many problems this year but a win can either work wonders and overcome a load of obstacles or of course it can gloss over the cracks till the next day and the bigger challenge.
We'll know which by the evening of 14th July ... or maybe much later in the year hopefully  8)

seafoid

So the rossies are interested in the championship again. This thread looked very bedraggled last week.
Even Syferus had problems staying interested. 

Syferus

Quote from: Armamike on July 03, 2012, 09:21:38 AM
Oisin's only stating the obvious.  For Armagh to go out and perform the way they did, with no spirit and fight and pretty clueless, against an average (and i'm being generous with my wording) Roscommon outfit then it's a fairly low ebb.
Enjoy the win and i hope you have a good run in the qualifiers - doubt it though.

I'm sorry to be the one to have to break this to you, but you are a worse team than Roscommon. You simply have alot of work to do to return even to contention for All-Irelands and Cross players aren't some magic bullet like alot of Armagh supporters think they are. You played a team with a hell of alot of young talented players, with potential that's far higher than beating (and I'm being generous with my wording) an average Armagh side at home in Round 1. Armagh supporters read far too much into one bad day at the office against Galway and it bit ye in the backside. I did warn ye.

Will we beat Tyrone? Who knows. But you'll be hearing a hell of alot more from us in the years to come.

EC Unique

Quote from: Go home ref on July 03, 2012, 10:34:28 AM
While I might agree with you Armamike I think ye lads should concentrate on ye're own failings this year and let us see where the year takes us.
We upped our effort and probably played to our instincts in the second half rather than some daft tactical stuff and it worked against a team that was spiritless and not that interested when the pressure was put on them.We have many problems this year but a win can either work wonders and overcome a load of obstacles or of course it can gloss over the cracks till the next day and the bigger challenge.
We'll know which by the evening of 14th July ... or maybe much later in the year hopefully  8)

One thing is for sure.. You will not get that against Tyrone. ;)

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ross4life on July 02, 2012, 11:25:46 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 02, 2012, 09:41:42 PM
Syferus, you must be still on the sauce after yesterday. Surely even the most ardent Rossie follower would accept that the place is a f**king shithole?

All the other IC stadiums in Connacht have been refurbished the last number of years if Hyde park was such "shithole"it wouldn't have been selected for this year's Connacht final so less of sensationalism.

I think that all the other IC stadiums in Connacht number just two; Mchale and Pearse.
Pearse was out for logistical reasons and using Mchale would breach the terms of the '97 agreement so it had to be the Hyde.
The only other possible "shithole" is Tuam so the Connacht Council had no choice in the matter. Tuam couldn't be considered a central location.
The fact that the Hyde hasn't been refurbished is a matter for the Roscommon County Board to answer for.
Having said all that, I'm not to bothered about playing the game in the Hyde; it's the same for both counties and I do think the pitch is fairly adequate even if spectator facilities aren't up to much.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Armamike

Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2012, 11:43:45 AM
Quote from: Armamike on July 03, 2012, 09:21:38 AM
Oisin's only stating the obvious.  For Armagh to go out and perform the way they did, with no spirit and fight and pretty clueless, against an average (and i'm being generous with my wording) Roscommon outfit then it's a fairly low ebb.
Enjoy the win and i hope you have a good run in the qualifiers - doubt it though.

I'm sorry to be the one to have to break this to you, but you are a worse team than Roscommon. You simply have alot of work to do to return even to contention for All-Irelands and Cross players aren't some magic bullet like alot of Armagh supporters think they are. You played a team with a hell of alot of young talented players, with potential that's far higher than beating (and I'm being generous with my wording) an average Armagh side at home in Round 1. Armagh supporters read far too much into one bad day at the office against Galway and it bit ye in the backside. I did warn ye.

Will we beat Tyrone? Who knows. But you'll be hearing a hell of alot more from us in the years to come.

Tell us something we don't know!  Listen, Roscommon were better than us on the day so good luck to you, i hope you push on and fulfil the potential you see in the team. From an Armagh perspective though Roscommon are irrelevant.  It wouldn't really have mattered if Armagh had been playing Carlow, Wicklow or whoever, the issues/lack of performance would have been the same.

That's just, like your opinion man.

ross4life

To label us as good,bad,average or below is a little unfair at the moment.. 8 of our starting 15 on Saturday was 23 or under 5 of them were making their first championship starts so in truth this team are still finding their feet at senior level. In reply to Oisin's interview the guy should have a fair idea about our talent having played v St Brigid's & Mannion,Domican,Senan,Ian Kilbride all played important roles in Sunday's win. He said Armagh should have been leading by 10-12 pts at half time? now while Armagh deserved their lead at HT they didn't create that amount of chances for such a lead.

In reply to lar, I have since been chatting to one of our officials whom was at the Connacht GAA meetings last week. For the record only two stadiums was ever in the running (Hyde park,Pearse stadium) Hyde park was viewed by the officials last week if it's wasn't up to the standard Pearse would have been chosen for the Connacht final.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

TacadoirArdMhacha

If, as is being alleged, Armagh did, and continue to, underestimate Roscommon then we were joined by an awful lot of your own countymen since I couldn't find one Roscommon supporter who expected a win before Sunday's match.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Captain Obvious

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 03, 2012, 04:29:25 PM
If, as is being alleged, Armagh did, and continue to, underestimate Roscommon then we were joined by an awful lot of your own countymen since I couldn't find one Roscommon supporter who expected a win before Sunday's match.

You wouldn't find any supporter that thought Armagh wouldn't win at half time. The players probably thought the same however once Roscommon scored the early goal they believed they could win.

Syferus

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 03, 2012, 04:29:25 PM

Ahem. Didn't look very hard, did we?

More than one opinion exists in the county, however much you'd like to put one blanket over it all.

Rossfan

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 02, 2012, 09:41:42 PM
Syferus, you must be still on the sauce after yesterday. Surely even the most ardent Rossie follower would accept that the place is a f**king shithole?
Ye wouldnt want to take Syf too seriously buckeens.
I believe Syferus is a ten year old Ballagh Patriot who descended to earth in March 2012 ( when Mammy got him a mobile or a Laptop for his birthday). ;D
If not then he's a new spin doc hired by the County Board to tell the world how great and wonderful everything is in Ros GAA circles.
His big posting about how great we were last Sunday can be divided by 2 to get the real picture.
He praised one player earlier who was substituted for very good reason last Sunday .
Another of his "heroes" rang his club manager last week to say he wouldnt be making training as he was picked on the County team ... to which said Manager replied disbelievingly "Which County team"? :(
Club Manager wasn't far wrong !!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Jaysus, you'd want to bring those sour grapes back to the store!

Rossfan

Trying to counter balance your over the top good news round every corner type thing with a bit of common sense realism.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2012, 02:41:43 PM
Trying to counter balance your over the top good news round every corner type thing with a bit of common sense realism.

A bit harder when I was dead right, though  ;)

Rossfan

A stopped clock is right twice a day , you were right for one half of one game in 2012  :-*