Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus_Finch

Jeez Froch's bird is doing my head in, does she ever shut up !
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

CiKe

Froch destroying him here so far, if he stays on his feet he wins. Seems fresher than Abraham as well.

Atticus_Finch

Expected Abraham to make a slow start but he doesn't seem likely to awaken from his slumber anytime soon ... fair play to Froch, he seems to have done his homework here.  Can't see Abraham mustering up the energy to land a knockout blow at this stage.

Atticus_Finch

Have i spoke to soon, most action from abraham in ten seconds than he's shown the rest of the fight !

CiKe

Christ, nothing short of a beat down. I expected a great scrap but Froch boxed beautifully didn't give him a look in. Hit him hard and often to the body and took the wind out of his sail, such that he could never get going. Abraham obviously thought he could just walk him down because he had no other plan, but he must have underestimated Froch's power.

Can't give Abraham a round can you?

Atticus_Finch

No possibly the 1st,  but even the 12th when he showed that bit of revival. 

Atticus_Finch

cut that last post short  as they were about to announce the scorecards - see two judges gave a whitewash and the other gave abraham one round. Fair play.  He's fighting Abraham again ?  Jees Abraham is going to have to mix it up a bit next time if he's going to have any chance next time.

CiKe

No I don't even think could give him that! The judge who gave him a round shouldn't get another fight! Unbelievably disappointed in that fight. You can't accuse Abraham of lacking guts, but he looked like he was beaten and knew it from a long time from the end - hardly landed a punch.

CiKe

Did they say he is up next again? Who is the other semi final? Ward and who? I mean Taylor, Dirrell and Kessler are all gone! I've not see much of Lucian Bute but he's meant to be very good, get him in there.

If it is Froc Abraham again, Abraham's best hope is to come out firing from round 1 and see if he can get an early KO. He doesn't hae the skills to outbox him, and tonight showed that Froch has the power to keep him off. Though, how he didn't go down from some of those body shots I do not know.

CiKe

Glen Johnson, had forgotten he came in and beat Green. Def looks to be Froch Ward then.

Atticus_Finch

No agree completely with the whitewash was just going to say that even when he showed that wee spark of revival in the 12th that i still had froch ahead in that round.    bit disappointed as was hoping for a bit more of a contest.

Did a double just before it kicked off - Froch to win on points (2/1) and Marquez to win on points (5/2) pays close to 10/1.  No doubt i'll get down by the later fight.  I don't mind getting let down if it's the result of a Katsidis win ... just hope that Marquez doesn't stop Katsidis !

Just saw your last posts there, yeah you'd imagine it'll be Froch Ward.   In a strange way for the next fight will be a reverse of this one,  the next one the early knock out will be feared rather than the knockout in the later rounds.  So could see Froch just keeping him at bay with the jab in the initial rounds and then trying to press home in the later stages.

Atticus_Finch

Marquez vs Katsidis sounded like an absolute cracker ... slept through my alarm and didn't wake up for it.  Also see my bet was chinnned ! Not good.

heganboy

just watched that katsidis marquez fight early this evening, thats as good as I've seen in a while, katsidis gave it everything, but marquez is clinical he has 3 and 4 punch combos that just do not miss, unreal. Then I went and had a look back then at the marquez pacquiao fights, draw and a split decision? you'd have to call manny lucky twice, if he doesnt get the PBF fight then you'd have to say the money would be on round III with Marquez.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Square Ball

Yes, fantastic news on the boxing front on the BBC, Audley Harrison is boxing on, cant wait until his next fight ::)
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Square Ball on December 01, 2010, 03:23:01 PM
Yes, fantastic news on the boxing front on the BBC, Audley Harrison is boxing on, cant wait until his next fight ::)

Yeah should be a belter  :D