Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

This was a tough match on paper before the injury list. Palace beat City and will score at least one.   Ole will earn his corn tonight!

GJL

Great win normally but considering the injuries that was fantastic. Only 5 points off Spurs now!

Cunny Funt

For a injury hit team that was one of United best results of the season and a much needed win with Arsenal and Chelsea also winning. Lukaku still too bulky but stepped out with two important goals. Shaw probably MOTM again.  Sanchez,Fred passengers but at least Fred has the rusty excuse for lack of game time.

Ole has secured more points for United in just 11 league games than Jose did in 17 games this season.

Milltown Row2

Apparently the best away run of wins in Utds history
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 27, 2019, 10:19:09 PM
Apparently the best away run of wins in Utds history

First time in the history of the club they've secured 8 consecutive away wins in all competitions.

trailer

Good to see Lukaku playing well in what is hopefully an audition before he's off loaded to Palace in the summer.

Maroon Manc

Quiet as usual after another good result.

Looks like Rashford back tomorrow and Martial not far away. I haven't seen any update on Herrera, Mata or Lingard?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 01, 2019, 10:38:28 AM

Looks like Rashford back tomorrow and Martial not far away. I haven't seen any update on Herrera, Mata or Lingard?

All 50% doubtful. Would you start Rashford or bring him on from the bench. I know if hes fit he has to play but risky?

GJL

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 01, 2019, 12:12:36 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 01, 2019, 10:38:28 AM

All 50% doubtful. Would you start Rashford or bring him on from the bench. I know if hes fit he has to play but risky?

He came off the bench on Wednesday night so must be not too bad!

BennyCake

Quote from: trailer on February 27, 2019, 10:25:51 PM
Good to see Lukaku playing well in what is hopefully an audition before he's off loaded to Palace in the summer.

I was thinking he'd go back to Chelsea or Everton.

trailer

Quote from: BennyCake on March 01, 2019, 12:56:29 PM

Dunno if Kepa fancies him. Maybe.

Maroon Manc

He won't go back to Everton and Chelsea have just bought Higuain. He'll be off to Italy if he leaves, I can see him at Juve; Apart from Ronaldo they don't have anyone else who'll score a load of goals for such a huge club.

He's going to be a lot easier to shift then Sanchez this summer anyway.

After last summer's lack of spending I just hope OGS is backed this summer. Bring in 3 top players to give him a chance of competing for the top honours.

screenexile

Yeah just the 3 top players and United will be fine!!

1. You can't just bring in 3 top players who are you gonna get they don't grow on trees

2. You need more than 3 top players to challenge. At least a right back, Central defender, Striker and another central midfielder

I think there's a lot more things than just Ole staying that need sorted out before United challenge again hopefully it's a while :)

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 01, 2019, 03:31:24 PM

He won't go back to Everton and Chelsea have just bought Higuain. He'll be off to Italy if he leaves, I can see him at Juve; Apart from Ronaldo they don't have anyone else who'll score a load of goals for such a huge club.

After last summer's lack of spending I just hope OGS is backed this summer. Bring in 3 top players to give him a chance of competing for the top honours.

All the talk of a DoF has all but disappeared, the overachievement of OGS has calmed the restless natives... If you were going to appoint a director of football surely he'd be in place now working on this Summers strategy? Or are we going to have Ed overruling a manager again this Summer.

GJL

Quote from: Boycey on March 01, 2019, 04:57:19 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 01, 2019, 03:31:24 PM

All the talk of a DoF has all but disappeared, the overachievement of OGS has calmed the restless natives... If you were going to appoint a director of football surely he'd be in place now working on this Summers strategy? Or are we going to have Ed overruling a manager again this Summer.

There was talk of Eric...