All-Stars 2008

Started by Real1995, September 21, 2008, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

The GAA has finalised a list of 32 of the country's top football players to travel to San Francisco for a challenge match next week.

The GAA Vodafone All stars of 2008 will play the pick of 2007 in the city which hosted the very first GAA All Stars tour in 1972.

Fourteen players have been added to the football All Stars tour as replacements for players who are unable to travel due to work/personal commitments and as injury cover.

GAA President Nickey Brennan hailed the event and said: ' The GAA All Stars tour is not just about honouring the stars of the game in any given year but it is also very special for Irish people living in host cities as they can get a real slice of home, which is all the more special coming up to Christmas.

'We are very excited about the tour and I know that the players are really looking forward to the break and also to the game. There will be a very warm welcome for them and I have no doubt they will be wonderful ambassadors for the Association.'

The 2008 All Stars travelling party is:

2007 All Stars: Marc Ó Sé, Darragh Ó Sé and Colm Cooper (Kerry); Kevin McCloy and Paddy Bradley (Derry); Graham Canty (Cork); Barry Cahill (Dublin); Stephen Bray (Meath); Tommy Freeman (Monaghan).

2008 All Stars: Conor Gormley, Justin McMahon, Brian Dooher, Seán Cavanagh, Davy Harte and Enda McGinley (Tyrone); Gary Connaughton and John Keane (Westmeath); Shane Ryan (Dublin).

Replacements: Michael Cussen, Nicholas Murphy and Donncha O'Connor (Cork); Redmond Barry and Ciaran Lyng (Wexford); Ryan McCluskey and Martin McGrath (Fermanagh); Ryan McMenamin and Colm McCullagh (Tyrone); David Henry (Dublin); Seamus Scanlon (Kerry); John Doyle (Kildare); Brendan Murphy (Meath); and Dessie Mone (Monaghan)

drici

Quote from: orangeman on November 26, 2008, 04:46:05 PM
The GAA has finalised a list of 32 of the country's top football players to travel to San Francisco for a challenge match next week.

The GAA Vodafone All stars of 2008 will play the pick of 2007 in the city which hosted the very first GAA All Stars tour in 1972.

Fourteen players have been added to the football All Stars tour as replacements for players who are unable to travel due to work/personal commitments and as injury cover.

GAA President Nickey Brennan hailed the event and said: ' The GAA All Stars tour is not just about honouring the stars of the game in any given year but it is also very special for Irish people living in host cities as they can get a real slice of home, which is all the more special coming up to Christmas.

'We are very excited about the tour and I know that the players are really looking forward to the break and also to the game. There will be a very warm welcome for them and I have no doubt they will be wonderful ambassadors for the Association.'

2007 All Stars: Marc Ó Sé, Darragh Ó Sé and Colm Cooper (Kerry); Kevin McCloy and Paddy Bradley (Derry); Graham Canty (Cork); Barry Cahill (Dublin); Stephen Bray (Meath); Tommy Freeman (Monaghan).

2008 All Stars: Conor Gormley, Justin McMahon, Brian Dooher, Seán Cavanagh, Davy Harte and Enda McGinley (Tyrone); Gary Connaughton and John Keane (Westmeath); Shane Ryan (Dublin).

Replacements: Michael Cussen, Nicholas Murphy and Donncha O'Connor (Cork); Redmond Barry and Ciaran Lyng (Wexford); Ryan McCluskey and Martin McGrath (Fermanagh); Ryan McMenamin and Colm McCullagh (Tyrone); David Henry (Dublin); Seamus Scanlon (Kerry); John Doyle (Kildare); Brendan Murphy (Meath); and Dessie Mone (Monaghan)

That post is written like something you'd see on the text or a news site on the internet.

bigfrank

Quote from: drici on November 26, 2008, 05:28:54 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 26, 2008, 04:46:05 PM

That post is written like something you'd see on the text or a news site on the internet.

from hoganstand.com

Uladh

bigfrank

Puckoon

Why does everything have to be so shagging ass backwards on the GAA website? They havnt even uploaded the 2008 allstar team yet. Im trying to find some information online about this years allstar game in San Francisco.

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Shane Ryan is a worthy recipient of an All-Star.
MWWSI 2017

gortnaleck

Puckoon  Try sfgaa.com  There is some info there.It's only a short spin down the road for you

Puckoon

Think Im going to go alright.
Looking forward to it.

gortnaleck

Think they arrived today and are down in Johnny Foleys tonite.The Banquet on Sunday nite in the Irish Center is supposed to be a sellout.If youre driving stay in the left hand lane on the Bay Bridge.Bring the dog and I'll know you

Puckoon

I'm not coming down til Saturday afternoon. Heading to the plough and stars unless you can suggest a better spot for a bit of mingling.

gortnaleck

I don't know whats on the agenda for them on Sat night.I've never been in the Plough and Stars but i think they do a lot of live music sessions there. Ireland's 32 is just round the corner on Geary,and the Abbey Tavern is right there as well so I'm sure you will be guided in the right direction. It looks like the rain is staying away for the weekend so that's good

Puckoon

I know, I know I know - its an exhibition game. A holiday for the lads, and a bit of craic and no one, wants to see anyone get hurt. Id like to see Dara O'Se field a ball however.

It was also like watching paint dry at times. The mass exodus at half time makes me feel I wasnt alone.

It just goes to show, that gaelic football without the thump, without the excitement and intensity (for which it is so often riddiculed) isnt an exhibition sport.

Still though, nice to see the lads pitchside having a great time and signing everything and anything that was needed.

Yer men Michael Cussen and Nicholas Murphy must ate a bag of spuds daily themselves. Cussen is massive.