All-Stars 2008

Started by Real1995, September 21, 2008, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyb

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Looks like he's blowing the ball as well. V suspicious.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

I'm not going to look back over the thread to see if anyone is calling for Connacht to 'take a break' to get the house in order? After all, isn't it 2 years in a row that no-one from the province even got an all-star?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dodo

Quote from: ONeill on October 17, 2008, 11:22:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrDKhsDDz1g

Good to see Tom O'Sullivan get an All-Star at centre forward after all the tough times he had in the full back line all year.

Ryan at centre field this year is the token Dub All-Star for the year, no justification for this. Donaghy at full forward is a puzzling one too.
Davy Harte getting no. 5 is a kick in the goolies to all them whining Tyronies who were calling for his removal this year....shame on you all......may ye hang your heads in shame.  >:(

Gnevin

Quote from: dodo on October 18, 2008, 01:19:01 AM
Quote from: ONeill on October 17, 2008, 11:22:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrDKhsDDz1g

Good to see Tom O'Sullivan get an All-Star at centre forward after all the tough times he had in the full back line all year.

Ryan at centre field this year is the token Dub All-Star for the year, no justification for this. Donaghy at full forward is a puzzling one too.
Davy Harte getting no. 5 is a kick in the goolies to all them whining Tyronies who were calling for his removal this year....shame on you all......may ye hang your heads in shame.  >:(

Great a other idiot who wants to taint Ryan's All- Star , I don't see you picking at Westmeath's two   ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

orangeman

The GAA has finalised a list of 32 of the country's top football players to travel to San Francisco for a challenge match next week.

The GAA Vodafone All stars of 2008 will play the pick of 2007 in the city which hosted the very first GAA All Stars tour in 1972.

Fourteen players have been added to the football All Stars tour as replacements for players who are unable to travel due to work/personal commitments and as injury cover.

GAA President Nickey Brennan hailed the event and said: ' The GAA All Stars tour is not just about honouring the stars of the game in any given year but it is also very special for Irish people living in host cities as they can get a real slice of home, which is all the more special coming up to Christmas.

'We are very excited about the tour and I know that the players are really looking forward to the break and also to the game. There will be a very warm welcome for them and I have no doubt they will be wonderful ambassadors for the Association.'

The 2008 All Stars travelling party is:

2007 All Stars: Marc Ó Sé, Darragh Ó Sé and Colm Cooper (Kerry); Kevin McCloy and Paddy Bradley (Derry); Graham Canty (Cork); Barry Cahill (Dublin); Stephen Bray (Meath); Tommy Freeman (Monaghan).

2008 All Stars: Conor Gormley, Justin McMahon, Brian Dooher, Seán Cavanagh, Davy Harte and Enda McGinley (Tyrone); Gary Connaughton and John Keane (Westmeath); Shane Ryan (Dublin).

Replacements: Michael Cussen, Nicholas Murphy and Donncha O'Connor (Cork); Redmond Barry and Ciaran Lyng (Wexford); Ryan McCluskey and Martin McGrath (Fermanagh); Ryan McMenamin and Colm McCullagh (Tyrone); David Henry (Dublin); Seamus Scanlon (Kerry); John Doyle (Kildare); Brendan Murphy (Meath); and Dessie Mone (Monaghan)

drici

Quote from: orangeman on November 26, 2008, 04:46:05 PM
The GAA has finalised a list of 32 of the country's top football players to travel to San Francisco for a challenge match next week.

The GAA Vodafone All stars of 2008 will play the pick of 2007 in the city which hosted the very first GAA All Stars tour in 1972.

Fourteen players have been added to the football All Stars tour as replacements for players who are unable to travel due to work/personal commitments and as injury cover.

GAA President Nickey Brennan hailed the event and said: ' The GAA All Stars tour is not just about honouring the stars of the game in any given year but it is also very special for Irish people living in host cities as they can get a real slice of home, which is all the more special coming up to Christmas.

'We are very excited about the tour and I know that the players are really looking forward to the break and also to the game. There will be a very warm welcome for them and I have no doubt they will be wonderful ambassadors for the Association.'

2007 All Stars: Marc Ó Sé, Darragh Ó Sé and Colm Cooper (Kerry); Kevin McCloy and Paddy Bradley (Derry); Graham Canty (Cork); Barry Cahill (Dublin); Stephen Bray (Meath); Tommy Freeman (Monaghan).

2008 All Stars: Conor Gormley, Justin McMahon, Brian Dooher, Seán Cavanagh, Davy Harte and Enda McGinley (Tyrone); Gary Connaughton and John Keane (Westmeath); Shane Ryan (Dublin).

Replacements: Michael Cussen, Nicholas Murphy and Donncha O'Connor (Cork); Redmond Barry and Ciaran Lyng (Wexford); Ryan McCluskey and Martin McGrath (Fermanagh); Ryan McMenamin and Colm McCullagh (Tyrone); David Henry (Dublin); Seamus Scanlon (Kerry); John Doyle (Kildare); Brendan Murphy (Meath); and Dessie Mone (Monaghan)

That post is written like something you'd see on the text or a news site on the internet.

bigfrank

Quote from: drici on November 26, 2008, 05:28:54 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 26, 2008, 04:46:05 PM

That post is written like something you'd see on the text or a news site on the internet.

from hoganstand.com

Uladh

bigfrank

Puckoon

Why does everything have to be so shagging ass backwards on the GAA website? They havnt even uploaded the 2008 allstar team yet. Im trying to find some information online about this years allstar game in San Francisco.

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Shane Ryan is a worthy recipient of an All-Star.
MWWSI 2017