Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I for one worry for United next week against Chelsea. Need Fletch and Vidic back playing well to get something out of it. Drogba is in serious form and will take some holding.

Farrandeelin

I worry too for Utd next weekend. I think Chelsea will win 2/3-1.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Norf Tyrone

Geezus boys the cry is on early. And from the champions too!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mountainboii

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 01, 2009, 10:20:54 PM
Geezus boys the cry is on early. And from the champions too!

I think we'll win 9-0. Fletcher triple hat-trick.

Over the Bar

QuoteI think Chelsea will win 2/3-1

I'm sure Paddy Power would let you choose your own odds on that scoreline

ross4life

i expect us to play our champions league away formation where we hope to control & then expose Chelsea's weaknesses, alot of these big games come's down to a moment of magic or awful mistake from a player or REF ::)

we should line up as follows

Van Der Sar

O'Shea             Evans (rio out injured)              Vidic                     Evra

Valencia           Fletcher          Anderson             Giggs                  Rooney

Berba

some big battle's ahead like Cole v Valencia, drogba v vidic & Fletcher v lampard but i expect a score draw & as you were after this game  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

new devil

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 01, 2009, 10:04:21 PM
I for one worry for United next week against Chelsea. Need Fletch and Vidic back playing well to get something out of it. Drogba is in serious form and will take some holding.

I really fear for us for the rest off the season seanie....people are saying united aren't even playing well yet...but this could be as good as it gets with this squad....Valencia hasn't been good and berba is has bad has last year

Farrandeelin

I think Berbatov has peaked with that goal on Saturday!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

full back

IMHO, Berba has to be scoring in every game to justify his inclusion.
He doesnt do enough in the game if he isnt scoring.

Important to get a result on Saturday after the scouse game although if I am being honest Chelsea look the team to beat so far with Utd & Arsenal 2nd and 3rd

Goats Do Shave

Berbs looks better in every game. His first touch equals Bergkamp's in his day.

I was having a converse at the weekend with a friend... we agreed that we didn't think Cantona himself would fit in at UTD any more. He simply wouldn't have worked hard enough for this team.

Blackburn are woeful... wouldn't surprise me at all if they went down! I think most people would be happy enough to see the back of Diouf & Big Sam at least!

full back

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 02, 2009, 09:21:54 AM
Berbs looks better in every game. His first touch equals Bergkamp's in his day.

I was having a converse at the weekend with a friend... we agreed that we didn't think Cantona himself would fit in at UTD any more. He simply wouldn't have worked hard enough for this team.

Have you been drinking at the weekend GDS?

Mentioning Berba & Bergkamp in the same sentence :D
Compared to Bergkamp, Berba's first touch is like an elephant

I wouldnt mind having Cantona on the team, as I suspect would Fergie

EC Unique

I think Utd have been very poor this season and are lucky to be in 2nd 2 points off top. The good thing is that they are well within reach and I think they will get better. I can see a few quid being spent on a creative midfielder in January and hopefully Hargreaves will be back fit in the next couple of weeks. Fletcher will be back at the weekend and I would like to see Evans get a run at center beck now if Rio is fit or not... Rooney will get better now too and will start bagging more goals. The frustrating thing is that in the dippers worst run in 50 odd years of only one win in seven games that we were the one win!! Utd were very poor that day but all could be forgiven next weekend if we take 3 points.

magpie seanie

To be honest United didn't play all that well last season and ended up winning the league largely because of a rock solid defence. I agree its great to only be two points behind after not really setting the world alight so far.

Actually think Valencia is working out well and growing into the team. Not flashy but does the nuts and bolts you expect a winger to do (including some things Ronaldo didn't always do). Takes his man on, gets a half yard and gets in a good cross (no need to beat him 3 times and scuff it into the first defender, Nani take note). His crossing accuaracy was very high when playing for Wigan and I've noticed its the same so far in the games I've seen him play for United. He also works very hard defensively. O'Shea and Neville can't believe it I'd say. He's not going to get 20+ goals a season but I think he's worth his place on the team. Will be interesting to see how he does on Cashley (assuming he's fit). Ronaldo always struggled against Cole. Valencia might be more predictable, more 2 dimensional, but I'd have him in the team most of the time.

No point in discussing Berbatov. Capable of practically anything, good and bad.

nrico2006

Berbatov's touch is as good as anyones, some of the pieces of skill he displays at times is unbelievable but he is simply not clinical enough or does not seem to be in the right places at the right time - he is too deep too often, why doesn't he stay around the box and play like an out and out striker.  People give him a hard time and seem to forget how good a player he is because he isn't running around chasing lost causes all the time like Tevez.  As EC said, Hargreaves return cannot be overstated.  He is as good as there is at his position (well he was before injury) and if he returns and gets back to the top of his game he will be invaluable to United.  The like of him and Fletcher returning are big boosts but I agree Fergie needs to splash out on a creative midfielder and maybe a striker in January.  I have been saying this since the Champions League final and the two players that have been linked since the summer are the ones that I would love to see arrive.  Villa is the best striker in the world and Silva is the real deal.  I see Chelsea are linked with a bid for Villa, but are they not suspended from transfer dealings until the summer of 2011?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Suspended, but the suspension will be suspended will the appeal is being dealt with.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone