Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

screenexile

Why would they never be allowed to play in Europe??

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: screenexile on January 07, 2019, 12:05:41 PM

You can't have two clubs with the same owner/significant investor in Europe. Murdoch had to dump PSG when he bought Man U. UEFA were heavily criticised over tbe two Red Bull sides being allowed in last year.

Boycey

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 07, 2019, 01:09:03 PM

You can't have two clubs with the same owner/significant investor in Europe. Murdoch had to dump PSG when he bought Man U. UEFA were heavily criticised over tbe two Red Bull sides being allowed in last year.

Eh?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Boycey on January 07, 2019, 04:00:52 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 07, 2019, 01:09:03 PM

Eh?
Did I stutter?

If a billionaire financier has a stake in two clubs, only one can enter any given competition they might meet in.

Boycey

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Boycey on January 07, 2019, 04:21:57 PM
Murdoch owned PSG and Man Utd?

No, the Brits blocked the purchase, should have been clearer.  But to get as far as he did he sold his stake in PSG.

I cant see DD selling his stake in Celtic foir a seat on Rovers board, can you?

ned

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 07, 2019, 04:50:49 PM

No, the Brits blocked the purchase, should have been clearer.  But to get as far as he did he sold his stake in PSG.

You think DD hasn't thought of that? My guess is his advisors are well versed in the ins and outs of the law. Maybe hold your fire til you've seen the detail.

screenexile

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/20/sports/soccer/uefa-soccer-red-bull-champions-league.html

This makes a bit more sense of it. . .

Under UEFA rules, no "individual or entity" can have a "decisive influence" over the activities of more than one club in its tournaments.

I'm sure if Desmond wanted to he can work the agreement in such a way that allows the 2 to compete in Europe!

Boycey

Murdoch never owned either United or PSG otherwise your post was spot on... As others have said if Desmond/Celtic are going down that road I'm sure they know what they're at..

Main Street

The Brits blocked the purchase?  you're a wizard with language. The Brits??  :D

There's nothing to read into a possible connection between Celtic and Shamrock Rovers over and above some arrangement re access to  youth talent on the cheap. Not so strange that it comes after the arrival of Damien Duff to Celtic.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Main Street on January 07, 2019, 11:47:41 PM

The Brits blocked the purchase?  you're a wizard with language. The Brits??  :D

There's nothing to read into a possible connection between Celtic and Shamrock Rovers over and above some arrangement re access to  youth talent on the cheap. Not so strange that it comes after the arrival of Damien Duff to Celtic.
Thats my point. Why would DD take equity in Rovers to access youth players for Celtic? Its either been reported wrong or there is something bigger happening under the surface

themac_23

Surely we'd be better buying a lower league English conference team, send young players down there and also a project to start getting up the leagues and sure ya never know what could happen ???

screenexile

Quote from: themac_23 on January 08, 2019, 10:57:18 AM
Surely we'd be better buying a lower league English conference team, send young players down there and also a project to start getting up the leagues and sure ya never know what could happen ???

Celtic could be playing in the Vanarama National League in no time!!!

ned

Bayo, Weah and Burke in. Now for a right back and centre back and we are good to go.

Targetman

Any info on Bayo, have to be honest I know nothing about him, glad we're not signing players that wouldn't qualify for club 18/30!!