1 (0.8%)
Last 16
9 (7%)
Third in the group and Europa League
35 (27.1%)
Bottom of the group
43 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Author Topic: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread  (Read 1011511 times)

illdecide

• Quit your Jibba Jabbing Fool
    • View Profile
Re: The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread
« Reply #13590 on: November 09, 2018, 11:00:36 PM »
The dog in the street knows we need a right back, def a weak link there. However, the central defence could both be away in January so BR needs to have his recruits ready and waiting to replace them. Great result last night and hopefully from now to Christmas we can keep these performances up...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #13591 on: November 09, 2018, 11:18:56 PM »
The dog in the street knows we need a right back, def a weak link there. However, the central defence could both be away in January so BR needs to have his recruits ready and waiting to replace them. Great result last night and hopefully from now to Christmas we can keep these performances up...

Should have players ready to go now in terms of buying new players. Do the homework and then go and get them. Should have 3 options hand picked for right back - if we don't get one, try the next one.

Summer transfer was a joke - unprepared and unprofessional!

A good keeper should be handy enough to get you'd think. Even get a decent keeper at 35 yrs old would do for a few years.  Any good young keeper at Celtic, would be bought after a few years e.g. Forster.

Targetman

• View Profile
« Reply #13592 on: November 29, 2018, 08:16:02 PM »
A good win this evening against it has to be said a poor Rosenberg team, a draw will do in a fortnight against Salzburg for progression to the last 32, small matter of beating the sheep on Sunday before that, should take care of them 2 or 3 nil

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #13593 on: November 29, 2018, 10:54:04 PM »
We've done well lately at the back with benkovic and boyata fit, I think we can hold Salzburg to a clean sheet especially at home. Not sure how confident I'd be in us pushing on for a win

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #13594 on: November 30, 2018, 09:15:09 AM »
Benkovic is some upgrade from Jack Hendry. Himself and Boyata have been superb. A quality right back in January and Celtic will be sorted at the back. Unfortunately only be sorted to the summer with Benkovic going back to Leicester and Boyata probably leaving too

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #13595 on: November 30, 2018, 09:22:32 AM »
Benkovic is some upgrade from Jack Hendry. Himself and Boyata have been superb. A quality right back in January and Celtic will be sorted at the back. Unfortunately only be sorted to the summer with Benkovic going back to Leicester and Boyata probably leaving too

Wonder what the chances are of getting Benkovic for another year, still a young player, our problem is he has been playing too well and im sure isn't going unnoticed, reminds me of VVD the way he strolls out and clips passes forward. if we could keep him and Boyata, add a keeper and a RB we would be very close to being a CL side

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #13596 on: November 30, 2018, 09:48:33 AM »

Wonder what the chances are of getting Benkovic for another year, still a young player, our problem is he has been playing too well and im sure isn't going unnoticed, reminds me of VVD the way he strolls out and clips passes forward. if we could keep him and Boyata, add a keeper and a RB we would be very close to being a CL side
Injuries, form, transfers and money will all decide if Leicester take him back next year or not-impossible to know at this stage really. Cant see Boyata staying after this year either after the shambles during the summer.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #13597 on: December 02, 2018, 10:30:07 PM »
7 in a row! And Rangers go top of the League to add a bit of intrigue to the old firm meeting at the end of the Month!

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #13598 on: December 03, 2018, 12:53:58 PM »
7 in a row! And Rangers go top of the League to add a bit of intrigue to the old firm meeting at the end of the Month!

We will go back top again on Wednesday you'd have to think, still though as you say keeps the old firm interesting

illdecide

• View Profile
« Reply #13599 on: December 05, 2018, 01:37:35 PM »
Finally Celtic are getting a bit of competition for the league but how much is it really? We'll find out in good time, for the last number of years anytime a team thought they're genuine contenders Celtic put them in their box. We have picked our performances up recentluy and are def playing better than we did at the start of the year, all being well no more points dropped and go to the Cesspit at the year and beat them again. Slippy G has improved them a bit no doubt on that but they don't have the quality we have and we should beat them again.

I didn't get to see the Cup Final on Sunday due to a funeral (which i had a ticket for the game but couldn't go...ripping) but Rodgers will be pushing for the treble treble which has never been done and will go down in the history books for many a year. Will be tough but January transfers will play a big part in this...fingers crossed.

Over the Bar

• '03 + '05 = '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #13600 on: December 05, 2018, 01:56:21 PM »
Finally Celtic are getting a bit of competition for the league but how much is it really? We'll find out in good time, for the last number of years anytime a team thought they're genuine contenders Celtic put them in their box. We have picked our performances up recentluy and are def playing better than we did at the start of the year, all being well no more points dropped and go to the Cesspit at the year and beat them again. Slippy G has improved them a bit no doubt on that but they don't have the quality we have and we should beat them again.

I didn't get to see the Cup Final on Sunday due to a funeral (which i had a ticket for the game but couldn't go...ripping) but Rodgers will be pushing for the treble treble which has never been done and will go down in the history books for many a year. Will be tough but January transfers will play a big part in this...fingers crossed.

Who would be on your shopping list?  The Liverpool-Rangers scum-alliance will no doubt mean a few more rejects get off-loaded North of the border to the huns as well.

illdecide

• View Profile
« Reply #13601 on: December 05, 2018, 03:02:15 PM »

Who would be on your shopping list?  The Liverpool-Rangers scum-alliance will no doubt mean a few more rejects get off-loaded North of the border to the huns as well.

Celtic are a very difficult club to pick players for...People will argue this next point but we can't affored top quality players, we seem to be in the market for up and coming players to develop and sell on (i'm guessing that's the carrot Celtic dangle in front of them to sign). The top players in Scotland are usually at Celtic and if not they're not good enough to be there, there are we gems out there but it's getting harder and harder to find them. I just hope Celtic have been working on their potential targets from Sept and get it done early...

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #13602 on: December 05, 2018, 04:34:20 PM »

Celtic are a very difficult club to pick players for...People will argue this next point but we can't affored top quality players, we seem to be in the market for up and coming players to develop and sell on (i'm guessing that's the carrot Celtic dangle in front of them to sign). The top players in Scotland are usually at Celtic and if not they're not good enough to be there, there are we gems out there but it's getting harder and harder to find them. I just hope Celtic have been working on their potential targets from Sept and get it done early...

Listening to Rodgers after the cup final, i think he has a few nearly ready to sign and is hopeful to have them away on the winter break camp to bed in, thats how we should be operating, another Benkovic type, i think a Roberts like loan like the first time where we take him in Jan bed him in and he hits the ground the following season, no point in a Jan to end of season loan for a club like us unless its an opportunity too good to turn down like Bellamy or Robbie Keane.

illdecide

• View Profile
« Reply #13603 on: December 05, 2018, 06:58:55 PM »
7 changes tonight... Wow, J Hayes getting another chance tonight... Hope he plays well...
Gordon
Gomboa
Simunovic
Benkovic
Tierney
S Brown
J Hayes
Ntcham
McGregor
Christie
Griff