Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 521022 times)

lurganblue

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #10380 on: December 02, 2020, 03:26:52 PM »
Why is it that gym owners and PTs all seem to be philosophers too.  Those Newry videos would puke the life out of you.

The big book of motivational quotes started them on the road to philosophical studies.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: December 02, 2020, 03:38:59 PM »
400+ cases up north today. Numbers not really reducing at all (too soon from current incarnation of lockdown I know but this time a few weeks ago cafes, restaurants and bars weren't open were they?).

Not surprising.  High streets, public transport etc is still packed, lockdown or not.

Where? I'm in belfast and rarely see a person on a bus and any time I've been in Belfast city centre there are very few about.

It has been a very long time since I have seen a packed bus.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: December 02, 2020, 03:40:33 PM »
They love playing the mental health card.

They have a valid point in fairness.

Must be very hard for them to be in a business where the margins are fine enough as is, in a labour of love and half of them aren't getting what they should be getting on time from what I know. Was only a matter of time before some businesses started to strike back.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: December 02, 2020, 03:47:37 PM »

Must be very hard for them to be in a business where the margins are fine enough as is, in a labour of love and half of them aren't getting what they should be getting on time from what I know. Was only a matter of time before some businesses started to strike back.

Iím talking about them going on and on and playing the mental card regarding their customers. I would suggest they donít give two hoots about their customers mental health.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 03:49:25 PM by square_ball »

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: December 02, 2020, 03:50:46 PM »
400+ cases up north today. Numbers not really reducing at all (too soon from current incarnation of lockdown I know but this time a few weeks ago cafes, restaurants and bars weren't open were they?).

Not surprising.  High streets, public transport etc is still packed, lockdown or not.

Where? I'm in belfast and rarely see a person on a bus and any time I've been in Belfast city centre there are very few about.

I am on the trains and they are mostly full.  Now, not pre covid full, but a healthy crowd nonetheless.

Lisburn Bow Street hasn't really stopped. Loads of people about.  Last week was like a cattle market, this week isn't on that level but it is nowhere near what the actual lockdown was like earlier in the year.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: December 02, 2020, 03:52:47 PM »

Iím talking about them going on and on and playing the mental card regarding their customers. I would suggest they donít give two hoots about their customers mental health.

Maybe, you could well be right, but you put people in that position financially. Sooner or later there was going to be unrest.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: December 02, 2020, 03:53:30 PM »

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: December 02, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »
https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/newry-gym-owner-appears-court-19386407?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Is this the newry gym guy??

That's him alright

The accused, when asked to confirm his identity, replied: ďMy name is DeclanÖI am a man..I am a human being.Ē

Sounding like one of those "soverign citizens" or "freemen" you see Youtube videos about.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: December 02, 2020, 03:57:02 PM »

I am on the trains and they are mostly full.  Now, not pre covid full, but a healthy crowd nonetheless.

Lisburn Bow Street hasn't really stopped. Loads of people about.  Last week was like a cattle market, this week isn't on that level but it is nowhere near what the actual lockdown was like earlier in the year.

I wouldn't be about at rush hour to see buses but any I have seen you could count on one hand the people on it. I used to use cairnshill park and ride and the car park would be 80-90% full(hundreds of cars). These days it is barely into double figures.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: December 02, 2020, 03:59:55 PM »

Maybe, you could well be right, but you put people in that position financially. Sooner or later there was going to be unrest.

Absolutely and people and businesses who are forced to close have to be frustrated and annoyed to say the least.

Itís just the whole mental health thing they flippantly use to try and make a point that annoys me.

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: December 02, 2020, 04:38:15 PM »

Absolutely and people and businesses who are forced to close have to be frustrated and annoyed to say the least.

Itís just the whole mental health thing they flippantly use to try and make a point that annoys me.

The mental health card is always the go to weapon

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: December 02, 2020, 04:59:04 PM »

Annoys the life out of me as well. Gym owners love pulling that one out. They act like not getting to the gym is the only aspect of this pandemic that is detrimental to peopleís mental health. They got it much easier than the likes of hospitality which is on the verge of collapse.

Your man in Newry is an embarrassment, completely unprofessional and if I was a member there Iíd be joining another gym.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: December 02, 2020, 05:58:54 PM »
416 cases in the 6 counties. The 7 day rate is marginally higher than the previous 7 day rate. Belfast is now lower than most country areas, and has half the rate of Derry or mid-Ulster. Meanwhile the 26 has 270 cases today, is among the lowest in Europe, so the rate in the 6 counties is 3.5 times that of the 26.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B