Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matchfit21

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: matchfit21 on November 04, 2013, 09:50:21 AM
Worst behaved team this year?
from what i seen yesterday, that's a no contest
im sure the Clonoe posters would agree
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Moortown Spuds

They behaved very badly against Ardboe earlier in the year too. Unlikeable bunch.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 04, 2013, 09:52:06 AM
Quote from: matchfit21 on November 04, 2013, 09:50:21 AM
Worst behaved team this year?
from what i seen yesterday, that's a no contest
im sure the Clonoe posters would agree

Easily!

WR, Ardboe are not a young team?

Wee Roddy

Oh right. I was under the impression they were.

Knock Yer Mucker In

I could be wrong, but the chat after their championship defeat to Trillick was that they needed to bring in their young players from the past two minor winning teams as they didn't have the legs in the championship match. As I said I could be off the mark. Loughshore lad where are you ?
Yer man with the poodle alledgedly said that this needed to be done, and that Trillick ended up having 7 minors on against Ardboe in the sen championship from last years minor final against Ardboe , whilst Ardboe had only one.

Nows theres a bit of craic for you.

Moortown Spuds

Spitting in faces, grabbing balls and talking about mothers is now the definition of growing a set of balls?

Wee Roddy

Neutral Officials will sort this out. But it has been mentioned on here today about too many club "officials" being on the sidelines. During the championship only 2 people are permitted to leave the dug out with one going onto the field off play apart from medical staff. Am I correct on this? Injured players, suspended players, the kit man, 4 watermen etc should all be barred from the dugout.

winghalfback

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 04, 2013, 10:58:58 AM
Spitting in faces, grabbing balls and talking about mothers is now the definition of growing a set of balls?
lol well said but to town folk as they want to be called might know no better and its 3 weeks in a row errigal clonoe and by all accounts augher before that im not sure although they have had 4 home games in a row stretching back to august

winghalfback

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 04, 2013, 11:11:17 AM
Neutral Officials will sort this out. But it has been mentioned on here today about too many club "officials" being on the sidelines. During the championship only 2 people are permitted to leave the dug out with one going onto the field off play apart from medical staff. Am I correct on this? Injured players, suspended players, the kit man, 4 watermen etc should all be barred from the dugout.

The limit is 30 inside the wire be that 24 players and 6 officials or whatever but 30 is the magic number anything over is a £100 fine up to a limit of £300 in total. Some clubs will be getting plenty of fines this year you reckon Roddy

blewuporstuffed

Exactly. all of the above
Nothing 'manly' about the sort of stuff going on.
Management/backroom people coming on to the pitch and striking players and striking a supporter over the wire.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Wee Roddy

But this doesn't be policed in league football as far as im aware. If its 30 then the referee should count officials and subs before the game. Every club has a backroom team but is there any call for them all on the line, walking up and down it? Its all about intimidation off referees who by human nature will be swayed.

HealyHellRaiser

Cookstown have to do all this to survive. If this is what winning is about then it a no for me. The referee needs to man up in these occasions. Clonoe and Carmen played out a very sporting county final the 2 semi finals were the same, to be a top team you dont need this bullshit off the ball stuff. That jayo quinn man is an absoloute mouth piece aswell.

Up The Middle

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 04, 2013, 11:21:47 AM
Exactly. all of the above
Management/backroom people coming on to the pitch and striking players and striking a supporter over the wire.

Aye they are a nice shower alright, i saw enough a couple of weeks back to last me a lifetime.

Given the proper level of officiating they arent on the same level as the top teams in the county, they showed that in the championship when they went out with a wimper.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 04, 2013, 11:21:47 AM
Exactly.
Management/backroom people coming oon to yhe pith and striking players and striking a supporter over the wire.

Interesting how Cookstown have gone about it this year. They set their stall out last year with their behaviour towards Galvin and his team.  Carried it  through to div 1 this year and have made a name for themselves through intimidation of officials and sly off the balls.  The other clubs will be well prepared for them next year and they will find themselves in all out battles for most of next year. It is a very difficult method to sustain in div 1 as you need to have a large panel to cover the suspensions and injuries that result something that Cookstown don't have. They will be strong candidates for bottom 3 next year.