Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Hound on April 17, 2016, 07:47:03 PM
London's Falling

Great action film, storyline very far fetched. Very funny theme running through it about incompetent englishmen (not sure whether intended or not).

London Has Fallen?

Rois

Eddie the Eagle

An entire 6 of us in the cinema on Sat watched it at Lisburn Omniplex. Won't suit film buffs but it was heart warming and an easy watch.

fearsiuil

Eye in the Sky, Helen Mirren & Alan Rickman. Really good movie that plays on the chain of command over the order to strike Muslim extremists. Highly recommend.

Declan

Watched both Spotlight and Sing Street over the weekend. Both very enjoyable and well worth a watch

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on April 17, 2016, 08:08:07 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 17, 2016, 07:47:03 PM
London's Falling

Great action film, storyline very far fetched. Very funny theme running through it about incompetent englishmen (not sure whether intended or not).

London Has Fallen?

Chinese subtitles through it? couldnt find a decent stream without them.

gallsman

Captain America is great. Great action, great fun.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2016, 09:09:57 PM
cinema or stream? Looking forward to it myself have to say
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on April 29, 2016, 09:39:48 PM

Cinema but of course. When you've 12 odd superheroes fighting it out you need a big screen!

PW Nally

Quote from: The Iceman on April 29, 2016, 09:39:48 PM
Load of dung I thought. 6 v 6 "enhanced" individuals using their comic book powers to beat the lard out of each other with a pathetic storyline that finishes like the end of a TV series episode.

gallsman

Were you expecting Gandhi or Schindler's List?

PW Nally

Thought the jungle book was an excellent film

Orior

Had the misfortune of watching Abbott and Costello go to Mars yesterday. Back in them days funny appears to be slapping each other a la The Three Stooges. Not one joke worth repeating and certainly not in the Who's on First Base category.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Iceman

Watched a show called "Colonia" last night. Loved it. Not the greatest cast but solid performances and harrowing content. 8/10
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mrdeeds

Watched Mad Max last night. Too much action and not a lot of script. Basically a chase scene for two hours.