The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2023, 09:52:23 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2023, 09:43:26 PM
I still don't know where the offside was there for wooves 3rd goal

At best it's one of those toenail ones.

Liverpool very lucky.

Seemingly the offside called by the linesman wasn't caught on any of the cameras so they went with the on pitch decision. A bit bizarre as I couldn't see an offside in any of the plays.

J70

Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2023, 10:07:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2023, 09:52:23 PM

At best it's one of those toenail ones.

Liverpool very lucky.

Seemingly the offside called by the linesman wasn't caught on any of the cameras so they went with the on pitch decision. A bit bizarre as I couldn't see an offside in any of the plays.

That is bizarre if that's the case.

rodney trotter

You'd think they would have extra time instead of piling on games for players. Germany has no football until 20th of Jan. Extended mid season break with the World cup

quit yo jibbajabba

Yup. Win or lose youd prefer extratime/pens.

Pool in trouble. Theres not one part of the team functioning well. Even the goals came pretty much from errors. Creating v little and so porous defence and midfield..im away for a jamo lol

laoislad

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 07, 2023, 09:56:06 PM

The usual lucky break for Klopps team and they'll probably go on to win the replay now.
Usual? They've been on the end of more wrong decisions than most ffs.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thewobbler

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 07, 2023, 10:29:47 PM
You'd think they would have extra time instead of piling on games for players. Germany has no football until 20th of Jan. Extended mid season break with the World cup

Anytime I hear someone bemoaning how footballers are overworked, it provides a reminder of how easy it is for the media to manipulate how people think.

SHEEDY

Quote from: laoislad on January 07, 2023, 10:42:51 PM

The usual lucky break for Klopps team and they'll probably go on to win the replay now.
seriously?🤣  Define most?
nil satis nisi optimum

rodney trotter

Quote from: thewobbler on January 07, 2023, 10:43:11 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 07, 2023, 10:29:47 PM

Anytime I hear someone bemoaning how footballers are overworked, it provides a reminder of how easy it is for the media to manipulate how people think.

Well they aren't robots despite the amount they earn.

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 07, 2023, 11:13:37 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 07, 2023, 10:42:51 PM

seriously?🤣  Define most?
most
/məʊst/

'greatest in amount, quantity, or degree.'
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hound

As usual mixing some good stuff with some dreadful stuff. Ali's been our best player this year, so can let him off with his mistake. Our first goal was an absolute peach.
Don't mind the extra game, make up for going out of the league cup early! And we could have plenty of available midweek slots after Real Madrid

While better players will of course improve the team and we need to eliminate bad individual performances, I don't think our midfielders is the problem per se, I think it's more the style of play. The midfield and the CBs are taking too many touches. So allowing the opposition to get organized with loads of bodies back, making it very difficult to break down (which makes KDB so important to City). We need to get it up to the front 3 much quicker, and then win it back higher up the field if they lose it.

HiMucker

Nunez season seems to me to be very similar to Drogbas first season with Chelsea who got slated. I think he's doing alright and could be a serious operator.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on January 08, 2023, 09:34:35 AM
As usual mixing some good stuff with some dreadful stuff. Ali's been our best player this year, so can let him off with his mistake. Our first goal was an absolute peach.
Don't mind the extra game, make up for going out of the league cup early! And we could have plenty of available midweek slots after Real Madrid

While better players will of course improve the team and we need to eliminate bad individual performances, I don't think our midfielders is the problem per se, I think it's more the style of play. The midfield and the CBs are taking too many touches. So allowing the opposition to get organized with loads of bodies back, making it very difficult to break down (which makes KDB so important to City). We need to get it up to the front 3 much quicker, and then win it back higher up the field if they lose it.

Do you not think Klopp knows that?

To do that they need to be fit, was listening to something the other night, this midfielder was flat out box to box by the second period of the season he was busted... so hard to maintain
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

If we beat Wolves in the replay it is Brighton in the next round.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 08, 2023, 04:34:01 PM
If we beat Wolves in the replay it is Brighton in the next round.

Away also! So not easy!  :-\