Managers/Trainers

Started by highcatch, November 06, 2007, 09:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stmalachy

The best young manager in the county is Marty Mcconnell. He has took us for two years and done a great job. A few blips here and there b ut what  manager hasn't.
He has left us now  but we are trying to get him to stay. he is also very cheap. a man from bellaghy told me that cassidy wasn't half the man without him

loughshore lad

Would say there will be plenty of clubs after Niall Conway after Derry minors and the Rock in Tyrone both doing well this season

highcatch

What makes a good manager? Cassidy seems to get a lot of talk on this site. Malachy who is taking you next year. Are you still in Div 1?

loughshore lad

lynchbhoy

Quote from: loughshore lad on November 09, 2007, 03:39:01 PM
Quote from: highcatch on November 09, 2007, 03:37:10 PM
What makes a good manager?
Ask Lynchbhoy he seems to know  ;D ;D

all I know is that I know enough to say ' I know nothing' !

was lucky enough in what I did miraculously came off.

I'm the manuel of football managers..

Shamrock

The Cassidy's must be off a good breed....joe cassidy trained our club (loughgiel shamrocks) this year and was top drawer. He brought a whole new approach to our club and hopefully it wil reap the rewards next year, although i dont know if joe will be with us.(he was injured and missed out playing with bellaghy)  Hopefully he will come back to us

robertemmet

South Derry - John Rafferty (Armagh) former St Galls manager is our new manager for next season.

southderry

Thats a big appointment for you Emmet. Must mean you mean business? is he doing both the managing and the training. Slaughtneill have a number of very good players but it remains to be seen if they have the necessary backup. Any other managerial appointments? Suppose a bit early as the year isnt over yet.

southderry

Did you say that Joe Cssidy trained a hurling team? Didnt know he played or knew anything about it?
fair play to him.

orangeman

How much does one of these outside managers cost and are they worth the money that is paid to them ?

glenullinabu

Quote from: robertemmet on November 10, 2007, 03:57:03 PM
South Derry - John Rafferty (Armagh) former St Galls manager is our new manager for next season.

i think its a good appointment for your club - this could be make or break though itll not do much for the hurling team though

lynchbhoy

someone says on the Derry thread that Rafferty is going to get 17 grand (thats approx 26grand in euros)
Dublin managers get 30 grand in euros (20 grand sterling) - so have to say NI is also cheaper for football managers as well as groceries !

orangeman

£ 17K for a years work part time ? You're joking ?

inisceithleann

Quote from: orangeman on November 10, 2007, 07:50:15 PM
£ 17K for a years work part time ? You're joking ?

That's serious money to be on. That's why there should be no problem with the player grants debacle. The payment of managers seems to be totally overlooked. Don't get me wrong, a manager deserves to be paid IMO, but is there a difference between paying players and managers?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

orangeman

The manager puts in a lot of time especially at county level - I don't think we could honestly afford to pay players - we'd be bankrupt in no time !