Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Quote from: theskull1 on October 17, 2007, 03:53:11 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 17, 2007, 03:29:20 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 17, 2007, 10:01:46 AM
...too ensure septics like me

I'm assuming that's a typo skull!

Agghh ffs JC.....I was trying to tee up Rocky with that one  ;)

Only joking ..well spotted  :-[...10 press-ups coming right up  :P

Cant believe i missed that, got an email from my boss today, spotted a spelling mistake in it, was going to mention it but thought better of it........

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Ruairi Og exile

Milltown..is our match still on Sunday? Will your footballers be allowed to play??

So the county started back training last week. Anybody any ideas on the squad....much the same as last year or any new faces??

milltown row

senior match is for one o clock i believe. although we have not given out offical notice but sec phoned me to ask was this ok. our manager is happy enough for it to go ahead.

will the footballers play? i'm sure some of them will play. the game will be played as an end of season game and in good spirit.

Last Man

Look forward to the match on sunday. Sincerely hope Dunloy have learned from the last day out. The crans have no other option but to  play as per we have seen. But Dunloy(as any team in this situation) have nothing  more to do than mirror their tactics and drag the game back to their terms. Man o mano they will not lose. hurling will prevail. mark my words!!!! and I should  know cos i'm pish'd

Balboa

Welcome back "North Antrim"........

theskull1

Quote from: Balboa on October 19, 2007, 09:27:55 AM
Welcome back "North Antrim"........

I dunno ......I thought he was just being cheeky, all the other words are spelt right

Balboa

Have youse seen the Railway Cup team? I know its not the correct thread but will probably get more response here. They will be lucky to get within 25 pts i would think.Watson is in the squad but not starting 15 for some reason.

theskull1

Haven't seen it. Can anybody post it? Winker not starting? Can only assume he agreed to join the panel but didn't attend any training sessions

Balboa

Quote from: theskull1 on October 19, 2007, 11:39:24 AM
Haven't seen it. Can anybody post it? Winker not starting? Can only assume he agreed to join the panel but didn't attend any training sessions

Ulster hurling team named
19 October 2007

Ulster hurling manager Dominic McKinley has included players from every county in the province with the exception of Derry in his squad for Saturday night's Inter-provincial semi-final against Connacht at Ballybofey.

Players from Antrim, Down, Donegal, Armagh, Tyrone and Fermanagh are named in the starting line-up, while Cavan's Paul Sheridan and Dermot Crowe of Monaghan are included on the substitutes bench.

Not surprisingly, Antrim players dominate the selection with Sean Delargy captaining the side from right corner back. Fermanagh's Kevin McGarry partners Antrim man Neil McManus at midfield, while Armagh duo Paul McCormack and Declan Coulter, Donegal's Danny Cullen and Terry McIntosh of Tyrone are named in an attack which is notable for the absence of Antrim's Liam Watson.

Ulster (SH v Connacht): Graham Clarke (Down); S Delargy (Antrim), M McCambridge (Antrim), A Graffin (do); J Donnelly (Donegal), K McKeegan (Antrim), Gabriel Clarke (Down); K McGarry (Fermanagh), N McManus (Antrim); M Herron (do), P McCormack (Armagh), D Coulter (do); T McIntosh (Tyrone), K Kelly (Antrim), D Cullen (Donegal).

theskull1

The result mightn't be, but including players from all of the "weaker" counties is a good thing for ulster hurling IMO. Good to see these boys getting recognized. Fair play to woody.  Seems to see the bigger picture

Ruairi Og exile

Would be suprised if Ulster got within 20 points looking at that team.

What about the county awards last night. Micko got County hurler of the year....I know there was very few contenders but he only hurled for about 20 mins against Clare & scored a few points against Kilkenny. That will help his ego :(

Balboa

Quote from: Ruairi Og exile on October 19, 2007, 12:23:14 PM
Would be suprised if Ulster got within 20 points looking at that team.

What about the county awards last night. Micko got County hurler of the year....I know there was very few contenders but he only hurled for about 20 mins against Clare & scored a few points against Kilkenny. That will help his ego :(

Im sure Milltown is delighted ! In fairness who would you have given it to, nobody really covered themselves in glory this year.

ogruairi

there was only 11 at ulster training on wed night. and those 11 are starting.

milltown row

picking players for the year is a good idea, but i was given the form two months ago with still four game sto play was told that i had to pick a senior league player of the year but he had to be from antrim and you could not pick down players who played in the Antrim league :-\

i plumed for Johnny Campbell as he was the best antrim club player we played against. but we had still to play Cushendall, Dunloy, st Johns and someone else. i personally thought some of the down players we played against this year were better (not ballycran as we beat them) if your going to have an award and i think it's a good to have it and the way it was done was good to. then have it at the end of the season.

i'm a bit pissed off at not winning it myself but always next year ;D

good to see conor mccaffery getting the reserve one. think he got my vote