Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

I can see Harte threatening to sue the association AGAIN and the GAA folding and playing the game in HQ. :'(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: stew on April 09, 2009, 10:24:58 PM
I can see Harte threatening to sue the association AGAIN...

When was the first sue?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

drici

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 09, 2009, 10:27:02 PM

When was the first sue?

Johnny Cash must have been involved.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: drici on April 09, 2009, 10:31:05 PM
Johnny Cash must have been involved.

Nah, Buddy Holly, was Peggy Sue I believe (MH sent the Association a recording, apparently).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 08, 2009, 02:51:33 PM
Quote from: corn02 on April 08, 2009, 02:21:11 PM
For a game that will have little bearing on Sam, I am glad it has been moved for this reason:

There will be up to 10,000 seated family tickets available for this fixture at St Tiernach's Park, Clones

Irony is losers might have better run to win Sam

Not really sure that's true. The winners have to win 2 matches in a row to make the quarter finals whereas the losers will have 4. I don't buy into the arguement that its better to go through the qualifiers, it might benefit those who do make it through the minefield but the provincial championships are the most direct route.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Armamike

The dynamic between the 2 counties has changed a lot since the last meeting in 05. For a few years Armagh were the more experience outfit with Tyrone coming through with a lot of their underage team at the same time. A look at the teamsheet for Armagh now and there's no McGeeney, McGrane, Bellew, McNulty, McConville, McEntee, McKeever etc.  Now it's Tyrone who have the experienced personnel and Armagh with the young guns.  If Armagh were to win this game it could mark a big juncture in the development of the team, maybe in the same way Tyrone started to turn the corner on Armagh in 2001.  I think it's a bit soon though for us.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Tyrone Dreamer

Actually think the retirements are in the best interests of Armagh football. Its time for the young players to step up and the supporters move on. People keep saying you'd be safer losing this game etc but that is nonsense particularly for Armagh. I'd imagine it would give the younger players a huge confidence boost to beat the All Ireland Champions.

rrhf

I must admite definite retirements make me nervous.  It draws a line in the sand for a new group to start from.  No more looking over the shoulder.  It could yet be "The Year of the Vernon"//

The GAA

After last weekend i really don't know where armagh are going

naka

Quote from: The GAA on April 16, 2009, 10:51:19 AM

After last weekend i really don't know where armagh are going

neither does the manager

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

BerfArmagh

Don't know if its true, but I got this from a pretty reliable source this morning, that Mc Kenna was'nt the only one at those Aussie rules trials. That Charlie vernon was there also!! I hope not as he is one of the few flickers of hope at the moment

Old Bill

Quote from: BerfArmagh on April 16, 2009, 11:11:42 AM
Don't know if its true, but I got this from a pretty reliable source this morning, that Mc Kenna was'nt the only one at those Aussie rules trials. That Charlie vernon was there also!! I hope not as he is one of the few flickers of hope at the moment

The Star on Tuesday/Monday mentioned both fellas were at the the trials at the weekend along with Antrims Mc Cann and Mc KKeever

mountainboii

Quote from: BerfArmagh on April 16, 2009, 11:11:42 AM

Would be surprised if any of the AFL clubs picked up Charlie, he's a year or two older than they like to get them. That said if any did take a chance on him I'd have no doubt that he be a big success, the guy is a tremendous athlete.

under the bar

QuoteDon't know if its true, but I got this from a pretty reliable source this morning, that Mc Kenna was'nt the only one at those Aussie rules trials. That Charlie vernon was there also!! I hope not as he is one of the few flickers of hope at the moment

So there may be some truth in the rumour he was seen coming out of Surf Mountain in Belfast with a tray of Fosters under his arm?