Anyone got this?
It s claming I would get a speed of 20 something if I joined up. I know my current speed is 2 which is not too bad.
Would be interested in getting it if it as quick as BT claim.
A mate of mine has it and says the speed is unreal. However, you need to be in a BT Infinity enabled area.
According to BT I am in an area. that can get it
Option 1 say you have a limit of 40GB monthly usage. Is that alot or next to nothing? I haven t a clue
It's a good job now. Was in a place in Derry and they were getting 0.18mb before with standard BT broadband and when switched to BT Infinity were getting 28mb.
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on February 20, 2011, 12:26:18 PM
It's a good job now. Was in a place in Derry and they were getting 0.18mb before with standard BT broadband and when switched to BT Infinity were getting 28mb.
does it cost much more
Quote from: lawnseed on February 20, 2011, 12:40:00 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on February 20, 2011, 12:26:18 PM
It's a good job now. Was in a place in Derry and they were getting 0.18mb before with standard BT broadband and when switched to BT Infinity were getting 28mb.
does it cost much more
Not sure but think the person told me it cost a few £ more than what they were currently paying.
Just been doing more research on it.
A few areas stiill in the North to be enabled .
Looks the way to go alright although its a bit dearer per month .
Think I ll take the old plunge.
I'll definitely take the plunge when it comes, but they are slow.
I keep getting emails from them:
"Sorry, BT Infinity isn't not coming to ******* this month."
Have it myself, original speed was about 0.5mbs and when got infinity it went to 27mbs with a potential in our area of 32mbs. Some speed considering the prior connection! Having said that the speed has got slower over time not sure why this is, but still is much faster than before!
Have it .... presently getting 37M download and 1.7M upload ... great job!
Quote from: ziggysego on February 20, 2011, 01:38:37 PM
I'll definitely take the plunge when it comes, but they are slow.
I keep getting emails from them:
"Sorry, BT Infinity isn't not coming to ******* this month."
fill in the blanks - Caislean Glas?
Also, with the double negative, are they actually coming?
Quote from: Bogball XV on February 21, 2011, 02:33:16 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 20, 2011, 01:38:37 PM
I'll definitely take the plunge when it comes, but they are slow.
I keep getting emails from them:
"Sorry, BT Infinity isn't not coming to ******* this month."
fill in the blanks - Caislean Glas?
Also, with the double negative, are they actually coming?
Is Ziggy now ashamed of his Greencastle heritage?
I hope the hoors install it on my road sometime in the near future as the auld satellite dish on the side of the house looks like something from NASA.
Quote from: balladmaker on February 21, 2011, 11:19:58 AM
Have it .... presently getting 37M download and 1.7M upload ... great job!
Balladmaker, is your computer connected wirelessly? Read that wireless isn t as good and that you need some extra device if your computer(s) are pre 2008 cos they have not ot the 'N' technology installed on it.
Got a date for BT Engineer to come and install Infinity.
BT email clearly stated that engineer WOULD CONTACT ME before arriving at my property. Got up at 8.30am to find a card pushed through my letterbox stating that engineer had called at my house and couldn t get access to my property and that I was to make another appointment. . I didn t hear knock as I was upstairs waiting for the call.
I rang BT and lady apologisied but said that there was nothing could be done only to make another appointment. Could not give me a reason why that engineer did not ring me first before arriving at the house.
I told her to cancel my order. I then emailed a complaint to BT . Still waiting for a response.
B@s@@rds !
QuoteBalladmaker, is your computer connected wirelessly? Read that wireless isn t as good and that you need some extra device if your computer(s) are pre 2008 cos they have not ot the 'N' technology installed on it.
No, have the main PC connected directly to the hub. I do use a laptop around the house wirelessly from time to time and it works fine as well.
Do you know of anyone with Sky broadband around Omagh fionn? Is it any good? Won't be doing major downloading, will mainly be general surfing.
Ended up going for their basic tv, phonecalls and unlimited broadband deal, £33 a month Inc line rental.
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 04, 2011, 11:25:08 PM
Got Infinity installed yesterday, rated for 40Mbps download & 9.8Mbps upload, running several speed tests sees me getting around 37.5 meg down & 8.1 meg up. It certainly helps that my local phone cabinet is less than 100 metres away. However I need an Ethernet connection to reach those speeds, using wifi even in the same room as the hub struggles to get above 10 meg down in g mode and even 13 meg in n mode, though if you get lower than this the speeds start becoming symmetrical.
BT engineer was pretty quick, less than 90 minutes to do all the work inc. cabinet and replacing the master socket.
(http://www.speedtest.net/result/1281805341.png) (http://www.speedtest.net/result/1281807576.png)
Has BT infinity been rolled out in fintona? i'm not a million miles away but the landline checker says it's not available in these rural climes yet. Heres hoping its soon, 1mbps is a pain in the ass.
thanks for the info
Anyone's BT playing up this last 24 hours?
Quote from: ONeill on October 18, 2011, 09:13:01 PM
Anyone's BT playing up this last 24 hours?
I was playing up last night with me.
Incidentally, I got BT Infinity last month. A great job, up to 37mb now :)
Quote from: Gaffer on March 07, 2011, 11:04:03 PM
Got a date for BT Engineer to come and install Infinity.
BT email clearly stated that engineer WOULD CONTACT ME before arriving at my property. Got up at 8.30am to find a card pushed through my letterbox stating that engineer had called at my house and couldn t get access to my property and that I was to make another appointment. . I didn t hear knock as I was upstairs waiting for the call.
I rang BT and lady apologisied but said that there was nothing could be done only to make another appointment. Could not give me a reason why that engineer did not ring me first before arriving at the house.
I told her to cancel my order. I then emailed a complaint to BT . Still waiting for a response.
B@s@@rds !
Ziggy, did your BT engineer ring you before he arrived at your gaff?
Quote from: Gaffer on October 18, 2011, 09:46:26 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on March 07, 2011, 11:04:03 PM
Got a date for BT Engineer to come and install Infinity.
BT email clearly stated that engineer WOULD CONTACT ME before arriving at my property. Got up at 8.30am to find a card pushed through my letterbox stating that engineer had called at my house and couldn t get access to my property and that I was to make another appointment. . I didn t hear knock as I was upstairs waiting for the call.
I rang BT and lady apologisied but said that there was nothing could be done only to make another appointment. Could not give me a reason why that engineer did not ring me first before arriving at the house.
I told her to cancel my order. I then emailed a complaint to BT . Still waiting for a response.
B@s@@rds !
Ziggy, did your BT engineer ring you before he arrived at your gaff?
He did, yes.
Quote from: ziggysego on October 18, 2011, 09:42:11 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 18, 2011, 09:13:01 PM
Anyone's BT playing up this last 24 hours?
I was playing up last night with me.
Incidentally, I got BT Infinity last month. A great job, up to 37mb now :)
You dirty fecker. Putting that 37mb connection to use no doubt!
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 19, 2011, 12:05:33 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on October 18, 2011, 09:42:11 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 18, 2011, 09:13:01 PM
Anyone's BT playing up this last 24 hours?
I was playing up last night with me.
Incidentally, I got BT Infinity last month. A great job, up to 37mb now :)
You dirty fecker. Putting that 37mb connection to use no doubt!
It was a typo, obviously lol
I can't get Broadband in any shape or form, had a BT technician out at the weekend who says we live too far from an exchange. Is there any way around this? I wasn't speaking to the man myself, so didn't get to ask him
Quote from: Massey-135 on October 19, 2011, 12:06:21 PM
I can't get Broadband in any shape or form, had a BT technician out at the weekend who says we live too far from an exchange. Is there any way around this? I wasn't speaking to the man myself, so didn't get to ask him
You can contact North West Electronics, they provide microwave internet broadband to rural areas, that can't get it otherwises.
http://www.nwewn.com/ (http://www.nwewn.com/)
However, you will need to other homes and businesses in the area to sign up to it, before they will install a receiver in the area.
Quote from: ziggysego on October 19, 2011, 01:55:28 PM
Quote from: Massey-135 on October 19, 2011, 12:06:21 PM
I can't get Broadband in any shape or form, had a BT technician out at the weekend who says we live too far from an exchange. Is there any way around this? I wasn't speaking to the man myself, so didn't get to ask him
You can contact North West Electronics, they provide microwave internet broadband to rural areas, that can't get it otherwises.
http://www.nwewn.com/ (http://www.nwewn.com/)
However, you will need to other homes and businesses in the area to sign up to it, before they will install a receiver in the area.
I think they may have a transmitter on Bessy Bell, if you can see it from your house you might get it.
Quote from: Massey-135 on October 19, 2011, 12:06:21 PM
I can't get Broadband in any shape or form, had a BT technician out at the weekend who says we live too far from an exchange. Is there any way around this? I wasn't speaking to the man myself, so didn't get to ask him
Does the online checkers say you can get broadband - I had a hassle with BT for a long time - An engineer came out and said we were too far from exchange - however our neighbour 100m up the road was able to get broadband - so I rang again - took the day off - seems second time we got an engineer who was willing to check a bit more - he went up the road was getting a speed of 2Mbs - but was dropping to 0 at our house. I then asked him could it be a problem with the line/box coming from Pole to house as this would have been the same one as when house was built 20+ years ago. He went up checked it/worked at it for 3/4 hours and replaced wires etc and it works fine now - 1.5Mbs or so - no Infinity yet but hopefully they will work on it. Ziggy did you keep contacting asking about when it would be in greencastle - god if you can get it up there bound to be able get it anywhere ;D
Infinity in Greencastle? No chance, can't even get broadband in Greencastle.
Quote from: ziggysego on October 18, 2011, 09:42:11 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 18, 2011, 09:13:01 PM
Anyone's BT playing up this last 24 hours?
I was playing up last night with me.
Incidentally, I got BT Infinity last month. A great job, up to 37mb now :)
Right - no worries - I was going on the above but you are maybe talking about somewhere else - you were giving me hope there for the country folk...lol.
Barry McElduff is doing everything to get Broadband into Greencastle. Brought Arlene's advisors to Greencastle to meet the community and hear our concerns. (She was 'unable' to come) Brings it up at Stormont all the time, in fact she snapped at Barry during Minister's Question, as she was sick of hearing about Greencastle and he has been on the BBC, talking about Broadband issues in Greencastle.
Quote from: Just_Browsing on October 19, 2011, 03:52:04 PM
Quote from: Massey-135 on October 19, 2011, 12:06:21 PM
I can't get Broadband in any shape or form, had a BT technician out at the weekend who says we live too far from an exchange. Is there any way around this? I wasn't speaking to the man myself, so didn't get to ask him
Does the online checkers say you can get broadband - I had a hassle with BT for a long time - An engineer came out and said we were too far from exchange - however our neighbour 100m up the road was able to get broadband - so I rang again - took the day off - seems second time we got an engineer who was willing to check a bit more - he went up the road was getting a speed of 2Mbs - but was dropping to 0 at our house. I then asked him could it be a problem with the line/box coming from Pole to house as this would have been the same one as when house was built 20+ years ago. He went up checked it/worked at it for 3/4 hours and replaced wires etc and it works fine now - 1.5Mbs or so - no Infinity yet but hopefully they will work on it. Ziggy did you keep contacting asking about when it would be in greencastle - god if you can get it up there bound to be able get it anywhere ;D
One online checker said I can get 1MB, but none in reality. Our house would be up over 20 years so that could be an option worth investigating. Cheers. I think there's a right few ones round our area, how many people do you reckon I would need to get signing up before North West Electronics would install a receiver?
Where has the ASDL Broadband in Greencastle? 6/7 years ago, BT installed a Fibre Optic box to Greencastle, to bring 2mb broadband to the region. They wanted to test the fibre optic technology. Once it was proved successful, they removed it from Greencastle and rolled it out across towns and cities across the UK.
Ah yes, I heard of one family up that direction who had broadband and BT couldn't figure out why he was able to get it.
You're not wrong there san! :D
Bit of help/knowledge on the area would be appreciated.
Have had infinity for over a year now, but recently (past two months) it has been randomly cutting out to wireless devices. However when it stops working to these devices, it still works on the main PC which is connected via ethernet cable. This leads me to believe it is the wireless signal rather than the internet connection which is the problem. I have tried changing the wireless channel etc but it still happens. Anyone know what to do/what is wrong? Also I'm not sure if it is just a coincidence or if it has anything to do with the problem, but could my (new) blackberry have anything to do with the wireless cutting out? Seems to always cut out when I am using it on the phone (which is only about 2 months old!!).
Cheers.
PS normally have 1/2 laptops, ipod touch, blackberry and xbox connected remotely. Not always the same time though.