London v Longford

Started by irunthev, February 02, 2007, 10:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

irunthev

http://www.theirishworld.com/article.asp?SubSection_Id=1&Article_Id=1938ftp://

London name team

London manager Noel Dunning last night announced his team to face Longford in Pearse Park on Sunday in the opening round of the 2007 Allianz National Football League

Six players make their London debuts in the game and a further three are recalled after periods out of the squad.

Donegal man Brian McBrearty captains the side for the first time, while Barry Basquinn, Stevie Boyle and Shaun Campbell all starts National League games for the first time.

In attack, Paul O'Donoghue, Eamon O'Connor and David O'Brien all make their competitive bows for the Exiles.

Tir Chonaill Gaels men Davie Cannon, Gary Kane and Daragh Kineavey both return after long absences.

London team to play Longford: Brian McBrearty (TCG); Barry Basquinn (KKG), Conor Beirne (Tara), Steve Boyle (TCG); Davie Cannon (TCG), Gary Kane (TCG), Shaun Campbell (TCG); Declan Meehan (TCG), Eamon Brennan (KKG), Paul O'Donoghue (Round Towers), Andy Gallagher (TCG), Eamon O'Connor (KKG); David O'Brien (TCG), Daragh Kineavey (TCG), Niall Clinton( St Brendans).

Subs: Evan Byrne (Parnells); Mark Mulholland (Shalloe Pearse), Francie Cleary (TCG), Philip Morgan (St Kiernans), Stevie King (Neasden Gaels), Darren Gallagher (Tara), Pat Quirke (Moindearg).

passedit

Here Rev I hear London's trainer is very impressive. On the downside I also hear that that the London selectors are known as the gruesome twosome.  ;)
Don't Panic

youbetterbelieveit

cant say i recognise any of those players, any of them with previous county experience in Ireland, and how many are london born players if any?

irunthev

Two London born players in starting team, O'Donoghue and Andy Gallagher. Two more on bench Darren Gallagher and Philip Morgan. Two more out injured Paul and Senan Hehir.

None of that team has senior experience at county level outside of London.

As far as "the gruesome twosome", I believe they have thrown a bit of eye candy in there to brighten things up a bit. :o

spiritof91and94

irunthev

St Brendans players excluded for another week after their game against Dr Crokes and there are 3 Tara players out injured. Having said that TCG have strongest panel in London, they just messed up in club Championship.