Drinking

Started by its me again, October 31, 2008, 03:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

its me again

You know what really annoys me is the assholes who when the ask if they drink they reply "sure i'm irish"

or people on social networking sites who go on about being happiest when full/drinking/wrote off etc etc etc

i enjoy a drink but think it such a sad reflection of our society when everyone feels the need to talk about drinking as something to be aspire to do or be. there should be so much more to life but alot of our youth now think their lifes should be defined by how much they drink how often they go out how big of mess they get into etc etc

fcuk it annoys me

am i over reacting or does anyone agree with me???

good to get it off my chest   

ziggysego

You said that a minute ago in the 'Grinds Me' thread.
Testing Accessibility

its me again

just looking people opinions upon posting on the "grinds" theard thought it mite not get as many views as here thats all.

SidelineKick

Not the relevant thread but what really grinds my gears is people starting stupid threads.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Doogie Browser

You need a good rip buddy

Fancy Dan

Quote from: its me again on October 31, 2008, 03:21:30 PM
You know what really annoys me is the assholes who when the ask if they drink they reply "sure i'm irish"

or people on social networking sites who go on about being happiest when full/drinking/wrote off etc etc etc

i enjoy a drink but think it such a sad reflection of our society when everyone feels the need to talk about drinking as something to be aspire to do or be. there should be so much more to life but alot of our youth now think their lifes should be defined by how much they drink how often they go out how big of mess they get into etc etc

fcuk it annoys me

I agree, it makes me cringe. It makes people sound boring and pathetic. Like that is the pinnacle of their week or month or whatever. Now i like my pints and I do get messy but I hate when I cant remember a night. Definitely escapism.

Tankie

fcuk it annoys me

the "sure i'm irish" thing really drives me mad, i have some mates who say that and it drives me insane and to make things worse after a few pints they are in a heap and looking for vodka and coke just to keep drinking. total clowns!!!!!!!!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

magickingdom

i agree with you, this equation of irish and drink annoys me too. its great bertie wont be opening any more off licences or his mug shot with a pint of bass wont be stuck in the paper... i love a few pints and the odd rip but some people its their entire life..

mannix

Very true, its a waste of health,wealth and time unless its in moderation and you are not left sick from it.

Tankie

Quote from: magickingdom on October 31, 2008, 08:58:36 PM
i agree with you, this equation of irish and drink annoys me too. its great bertie wont be opening any more off licences or his mug shot with a pint of bass wont be stuck in the paper... i love a few pints and the odd rip but some people its their entire life..

these are the people that have ensured that i never drink on a Sunday afternoon, just depressing watching people drink their days away watch sport on TV and then probably having an arguement with some other gobshite about how Man U is are better than Liverpool!

I go on many a session especialy if I have been playing a game but these people just go drinking for no other reason but just to drink whereas myself and my mate socialize and drink is involved! i know both may sound the same but i think there is a difference.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

fcuk it annoys me

Get yourself a pint and some decent friends and stop stressing your head!

FFS you could fall off a half-decker tomorrow while out fishing for Pollock and drown. Enjoy YOUR life and stop worrying about others!!

P.S Yes you are over reacting - if some drunken tit wants to say "it's because I'm Irish" let him, who gives a shite.
Tbc....

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on October 31, 2008, 09:12:36 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on October 31, 2008, 08:58:36 PM

these are the people that have ensured that i never drink on a Sunday afternoon, just depressing watching people drink their days away watch sport on TV and then probably having an arguement with some other gobshite about how Man U is are better than Liverpool!

I go on many a session especialy if I have been playing a game but these people just go drinking for no other reason but just to drink whereas myself and my mate socialize and drink is involved! i know both may sound the same but i think there is a difference.

Do you only have the one friend  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

comethekingdom

fcuk it annoys me

Don't be worrying your little head about them - We all (well most of us) like to take an oul charge of drink now and again but really its only the youngsters with no responsibilities/big mortgages/ kids that can behave in such a manner all the time. we all took far too much soup when we were younger but when people start to settle down and rear kids etc boastin about how much you've squandered and drank dosen't happen too much!

Pangurban

When Alcohol consumption is universally recognised as part of our culture, then yes we have a serious problem. Add in the cost to the state arising from alcohol related illnesses, crime, anti-social behaviour, marriage break-ups etc. and it ceases to be just another problem, and assumes the proportion of a national crisis. Every adult in the country owes it to our youth to start addressing this issue in a serious manner, the time for mild tut tutting is long past. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem, and a total idiot to boot

magickingdom

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 31, 2008, 09:39:44 PM

fcuk it annoys me

Get yourself a pint and some decent friends and stop stressing your head!

FFS you could fall off a half-decker tomorrow while out fishing for Pollock and drown. Enjoy YOUR life and stop worrying about others!!

P.S Yes you are over reacting - if some drunken tit wants to say "it's because I'm Irish" let him, who gives a shite.

thats so lame gda, its a valid question to ask. a friend of mine works in a&e in tralee and the number of shitheads he has to deal with when he works w/e's is unreal. alot of people in ireland were never taught how to drink responsibly and the rest of us pay for it.