Thuggery at end of Tyrone Club Final

Started by agorm, October 26, 2008, 07:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ziggysego on October 27, 2008, 11:11:05 AM
Quote from: Onion Bag on October 27, 2008, 10:08:06 AM
The man is a psycho, Totally blew the top, as somoene already posted imagine one of the kids in his playground acted like this, i dread to think of the consequences  :-\ :-\ :-\

No need to be bringing the children into it.

What McGinn did was wrong and there can be no excuses for it. The Tyrone GAA will deal with it. Just don't be dragging the school kids through it.
He is a schoolteacher.  You think the kids at his school wouldn't have been watching or hear what he did???

Waken up!
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

No No. I thought you were referring to something about the children. Missed the point you were making and I'm sorry for that.
Testing Accessibility

Candyman

Every time TG4 repeated the scene, it looked even worse. Its not as if he hit the Clonoe sub a slap, it was a sneaky, dirty headbutt when the man wasn't even facing him... He then ran away!! The guy wasn't even steady on his feet when he was getting up. Its something similar McGinn needs not a ban, and I make no apologies for saying that!!  >:(

Onion Bag

Quote from: ziggysego on October 27, 2008, 11:17:17 AM
No No. I thought you were referring to something about the children. Missed the point you were making and I'm sorry for that.

No need for apologies  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

bennydorano

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 27, 2008, 09:53:55 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 27, 2008, 09:29:22 AM
Mcginn always was a thug.  He's fondly remembered by Armagh fans of the 80's for throwing sand in the eyes of an oncoming Armagh player in an Ulster Championship match.  The Clonoe #5 should be honoured.

Dont recall benny, maybe im too young, what was the story, who and when?
(I'm not 100% convinced of this myself as I thought it was a bit later in the decade) but a mate is adamant that it was the 'Frank McGuigan' final and Houley got it in the bake after scoring the consolation goal near the end.  Tony Fearon would be the man for confirmation I'd imagine :) 

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on October 27, 2008, 11:40:57 AM
Mcginn always was a thug.  He's fondly remembered by Armagh fans of the 80's for throwing sand in the eyes of an oncoming Armagh player in an Ulster Championship match.  The Clonoe #5 should be honoured.

(I'm not 100% convinced of this myself as I thought it was a bit later in the decade) but a mate is adamant that it was the 'Frank McGuigan' final and Houley got it in the bake after scoring the consolation goal near the end.  Tony Fearon would be the man for confirmation I'd imagine :) 

I was near sure it was about 89 possibly 90 in the athletic grounds, big john was marking Damian o Hagan, Plunkett and McClure were midfield for Tyrone against Neil Smith and Mark Grimley, Armagh won by a point i think.

Bensars

Quote from: bennydorano on October 27, 2008, 11:40:57 AM

FFS you're going back to some 25 years ago. ::) Something, you did'nt see first hand  either.  ::)

That pitch in Clones has always been renowned for being sandy. ::)

Over the Bar

QuoteI was near sure it was about 89 possibly 90 in the athletic grounds.........Armagh won by a point i think.

Tyrone won Ulster in 1989

maddog

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 27, 2008, 12:11:43 PM
QuoteI was near sure it was about 89 possibly 90 in the athletic grounds.........Armagh won by a point i think.

Tyrone won Ulster in 1989

Then it was 90, beat tyrone in Athletic grounds, Down after a replay in casement and lost to Donegal on a shitty day in clones in final. Donegal went on to give Meath a game in semi final but got beat.

SidelineKick

He can count himself lucky he didnt do this in Derry.  The way the Derry county board are behaving these days he could have found himself with a lifetime ban or even executed!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Over the Bar

I didn't know McGinn was a school-teacher which makes it worse, although teachers are no longer considered the defenders of the moral standards within communities that they once were. 

God forbid if some of the St Mary's fellas I remember were ever given such responsiblity.   :o

corn02

Main Street

It was a dirty dig, looks a 6 month suspension at least.
He had his beret on, turned up double, the blow can't have been much more than pillow talk.

5 seconds of madness in the context of a closely fought exciting county final.

under the bar

QuoteHe had his beret on, turned up double, the blow can't have been much more than pillow talk.

Possibly a rolled-up balaclava concelaing a length of lead piping?