Thuggery at end of Tyrone Club Final

Started by agorm, October 26, 2008, 07:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agorm

I note that the thuggery exhibited at the end of the Tyrone county final was not even mentioned on the RTE Sports News. I can just imagine if it was the Meath or Dublin finals it would be top of the Sportsnews just like Parnell Park earlier in the year.

PlayWithTheWind

Watch UTV or BBC news tomorrow - they wont mention the result.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Jinxy

TV3 showed it. I'd say RTE will show it at 9 o'clock. Something is amiss if they don't.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: agorm on October 26, 2008, 07:28:23 PM
I note that the thuggery exhibited at the end of the Tyrone county final was not even mentioned on the RTE Sports News. I can just imagine if it was the Meath or Dublin finals it would be top of the Sportsnews just like Parnell Park earlier in the year.

Not exactly sure what your point is here (if you have one) but a Meath Dublin intercounty clash is going to be more high profile than a club game in Tyrone. As Playwiththewind pointed out, it'll be well publicised in the days to come.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Was it just the headbutt?
You see that regularly - though that doesnt excuse it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI note that the thuggery exhibited at the end of the Tyrone county final was not even mentioned on the RTE Sports News. I can just imagine if it was the Meath or Dublin finals it would be top of the Sportsnews just like Parnell Park earlier in the year.

another example of how the anti-nordie southern meeja ignore events in the north....bastards !

Jinxy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 26, 2008, 08:06:11 PM

You see it regularly where?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Jinxy on October 26, 2008, 08:12:38 PM

Cullyhanna.   :D

Jinxy I'm just surprised that a headbutt makes the news  ???

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

leenie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 26, 2008, 08:16:35 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on October 26, 2008, 08:12:38 PM

Cullyhanna.   :D

Jinxy I'm just surprised that a headbutt makes the news  ???

pints i don't know where ur from but to me headbutting is the worst form of fightinhg and very disrespectful!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Over the Bar

With actions like that Noel McGinn could get called up the the Dublin backroom set-up if he's not careful.

pintsofguinness

I agree leenie, I just didn't think it was national news material.

agorm

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 26, 2008, 08:03:10 PM

Not exactly sure what your point is here (if you have one) but a Meath Dublin intercounty clash is going to be more high profile than a club game in Tyrone. As Playwiththewind pointed out, it'll be well publicised in the days to come.
My points are: First of all, the incidents do need to be dealt with and not swept under the carpet as was indicated with the non mention on the news. With no Sunday Game there is less opportunity to highlight this on PrimeTime and weed out the thug that gave the head butt.

Secondly, whether we like it or not, some counties such as Meath and Dublin will get stuff like this publicised much easier - maybe because of historical rivalries etc. It is unfair but not altogether surprising. I think that the Parnell Park episode torpedoed Meath's season but that's for another thread sometime.

However, considering this is Tyrone who themselves are now high profile and remembering their supporters endless reaction to much much tamer incidents in 1996 I think it should certainly be noted, highlighted and dealt with as their supporters would certainly call for if they were on the receiving end.

Gaffer

Quote from: agorm on October 26, 2008, 08:24:48 PM

My points are: First of all, the incidents do need to be dealt with and not swept under the carpet as was indicated with the non mention on the news. With no Sunday Game there is less opportunity to highlight this on PrimeTime and weed out the thug that gave the head butt.

Secondly, whether we like it or not, some counties such as Meath and Dublin will get stuff like this publicised much easier - maybe because of historical rivalries etc. It is unfair but not altogether surprising. I think that the Parnell Park episode torpedoed Meath's season but that's for another thread sometime.

However, considering this is Tyrone who themselves are now high profile and remembering their supporters endless reaction to much much tamer incidents in 1996 I think it should certainly be noted, highlighted and dealt with as their supporters would certainly call for if they were on the receiving end.

I would hardly call the Meath player stamping on the Tyrone players head in 1996 much tamer than todays headbutt.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Jinxy

Quote from: Gaffer on October 26, 2008, 08:28:57 PM
Quote from: agorm on October 26, 2008, 08:24:48 PM

I would hardly call the Meath player stamping on the Tyrone players head in 1996 much tamer than todays headbutt.

FFS here we go. ::)