johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on June 11, 2007, 03:15:32 PM
SATURDAY 16th JUNE -

Ulster Hurling League Div 1 Quarter Finals
Dunloy V St Johns at 8.00pm at Ballymena
Ballycastle V Ballycran at 8.00pm at Pairc Lamh Dhearg
St Galls V Ballygalget at 8.00pm at Corrigan PK
Portaferry V Loughgiel at 6.30pm at Pairc Lamh Dhearg

The Ballygalget St Galls game has been cancelled, Ballygalget are going to the Loughgeile tournament and i think there must be a silage cutting on in Milltown...
;D

Spiritof98

Division 3 1/4 final Sunday 17th at 7pm

Rasharkin v Cuchulianns, Armagh
I'll go back if Marsdens back

milltown row

good man Johnny suits us as well, some boys away for us.  i'm sure you would rather play us with a full team. had you no game last night?

johnneycool

A draw last night between ourselves and St Galls which I'd have to say we were lucky to get away with as St Galls finished the stronger.
Both teams looked well off full strength.

Scoring yet again was our problem with us having difficulty getting the balls into our forwards with the Galls deploying a corner forward as extra cover. It's not rocket science but we seemed to still play far too many balls into that area. IMO we needed to start to take long range points to draw the man out but we didn't have anyone in that area capable and hence played into St Galls hands. Karl Stewart went off injured early on, not sure why but maybe Milltown will know.

I think the replay is on wednesday week up in Belfast.

Balboa

What has happened with the Ulster League, it seemd to be starved of publicity & is difficult to find out scores fixtures etc. Will it survive next year?

milltown row

yes we play the extra man when we are under strength, CJ was put in to help out.

Karl should not have started off after 10 minutes. he Jarred his knee against Laois on Saturday and is doubtful.

will you be as under strength the next time?

johnneycool

milltown row

SouthArmaghBandit

There were fixtures in yesterdays Irish News. Can anyone post them?

theskull1

We play the Johnnies tomorrow night in Dunloy

Div 1 Semi Final

3 Games in 5 days...no complaints
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Bacon

Reigning champions Loughgeile beat Portaferry in a good tight game last night in Portaferry.

Portaferry 1.12 loughgeile 1.14
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

MadMick007

Any News on the St.Galls v Ballygalget match last night? Are the semis going ahaead on Saturday?

johnneycool

Quote from: MadMick007 on July 26, 2007, 09:38:30 AM
Any News on the St.Galls v Ballygalget match last night? Are the semis going ahaead on Saturday?

We won by three or four points in the end.

I'm not sure whether the game is going ahead on saturday as Loughgeile are down to play Portaferry in the ACHL on sunday plus we're down to play in the Down IHC which will affect 10 of the team which played last night. Niggly injuries are building up for us.

On another issue which featured a bit on the Antrim hurling thread, the amount of slabbering that 'CJ' did to the ref last night had to be heard to be believed. He called him everything under the sun and got away with it. The ref was a Johnnies man and whilst wasn't perfect didn't deserve that amount of shite. Is young McGourty untouchable in Antrim?

Balboa

Quote from: johnneycool on July 26, 2007, 01:09:48 PM
Quote from: MadMick007 on July 26, 2007, 09:38:30 AM

We won by three or four points in the end.

I'm not sure whether the game is going ahead on saturday as Loughgeile are down to play Portaferry in the ACHL on sunday plus we're down to play in the Down IHC which will affect 10 of the team which played last night. Niggly injuries are building up for us.

On another issue which featured a bit on the Antrim hurling thread, the amount of slabbering that 'CJ' did to the ref last night had to be heard to be believed. He called him everything under the sun and got away with it. The ref was a Johnnies man and whilst wasn't perfect didn't deserve that amount of shite. Is young McGourty untouchable in Antrim?

He does not get the slabbering from the grass....."Shaws Road". He was at it the other night against Lamh Dhearg in the Antrim Hurling Championship. Maybe they should get Gavin Bel to ref a few St Galls games and see if he still does it. I would imagine if he got sent off in an Antrim club game we would have a 3 page spread in the Irish News about how he has "been cheated" and was withdrawing his services from the county panel.