McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

We had a much publicised coup by players in 92 and it has never been forgotten. One player from that year has gone on to manage 2 counties but will never be given the job of his own county because of his involvement in the putsch. And you can be sure that while Sean Óg, Gardiner, Twins, Donal Óg etc will finish out their playing careers without any more drama they will most likely have no involvement as managers/ coaches at  county level when their playing days end.

dowling

Zulu you have to look at yourself and where you're coming from on this. Everyone who was anti-strike on this board can acknowledge the quality of those men as hurlers.
No strike anxiety and the effects in the first half? So what was the problem? And if Tomas Mulcahy, Ger Loughnane and Farrell can refer to it what's so untoward about me doing likewise? Your attempts to make me look petty are more reflective on yourself. The pro-strike posters on here tried to have us all believe there were no effects from the strike, everyone in Cork had united, in spite of what others claimed. John Gardiner put that to rest and highlighted the division in Cork. Three respected panelists on RTE did the same and wondered how it might impact on the team on Sunday. And you imply I'm chasing my tail.
And let's get another point or two straight. Of course the strikers were critical of Gerald on the sideline, not just in training, and of his style of play. Well the shackles were off, so what was so different? What was different for the Timmy boy who was so vocal about what club he played for and who did or didn't know it? Still whipped off even if Denis knew his club better than Gerald. And don't give me this rubbish they need so long. There's been enough time to implement a style. No one mentioned the time problem about that before, just in relation to the fitness thing but now all of a sudden 'they haven't had time to get their gameplan right'.
You cant even address the questions either put on this board or raised in general. Cork will be a challange to any county this year, as they were last year an the one before and I don't recall anyone saying anything different. But what's so different this year? Oh that's right, in spite of Gardiner, the RTE presenter and panel and journalists acknowledging that fallout and division is there we on this board have to listen to shite from yourself and others saying the contrary and telling us when we sould stop commenting on an issue you neither seem to understand or grasp the consequences of. You're probably the sort of boy who sucks up to the best player in your club because you think it'll help your own status to do so, whether you're on the bus or not.
And lastly Zulu, it's a pity you weren't emphasising it is only a game when Gerald was getting villified and death threats. Bit late in the day to come out with that!

Reillers

Good lord Dowling I leave, come back a month or so later and you're still whining obsesively about the same thing.

You want to whine about abuse, why not start with something relevant, the absolute appauling abuse Donal Og got, and then there was the other level of abuse completley that Sean Og and Aisake got from the Tipp "fans."
The abuse coming out of Tipp's end was a disgrace, not to mention the minute silence. A total disgrace.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 03:15:08 AM
Good lord Dowling I leave, come back a month or so later and you're still whining obsesively about the same thing.

You want to whine about abuse, why not start with something relevant, the absolute appauling abuse Donal Og got, and then there was the other level of abuse completley that Sean Og got from the Tipp "fans."
The abuse coming out of Tipp's end was a disgrace, not to mention the minute silence. A total disgrace.

I'll wager that you didn't spend that month in a spelling class.

orangeman

You want to whine about abuse, why not start with something relevant, the absolute appauling abuse Donal Og got, and then there was the other level of abuse completley that Sean Og got from the Tipp "fans."

What abuse ?

Zulu

QuoteZulu you have to look at yourself and where you're coming from on this. Everyone who was anti-strike on this board can acknowledge the quality of those men as hurlers.

Ehhh not really, we have had to listen to numerous posters, some who wouldn't know one end of a hurley from the other, tell us they were over the hill and none of whom have had the graciousness to come on here and acknowledge the players performance last Sunday.

QuoteNo strike anxiety and the effects in the first half? So what was the problem?

I seem to remember Cork going well behind against Galway and Clare last year, Mayo did the same against Dublin in that classic semi final of a few years back, likewise Meath against Dublin in the 4 game saga of 1991 and only last Sunday Armagh came back against Tyrone before losing by a few points, just like Cork. So were all those teams suffering from 'strike anxiety'? No, of course not any number of things could be the reason why a team plays poorly in a half or a whole game but do you know what, sometimes there isn't realy a reason, sometimes your opponents just play better than you for a period of time. Anyway they were only 4 points down at half time so they were actually in a decent position.

QuoteAnd if Tomas Mulcahy, Ger Loughnane and Farrell can refer to it what's so untoward about me doing likewise?

Come on man, the panalists were previewing the game on a new forum (the Sunday Game) so obviously they'd have to reference it whereas you've been repeating your opinion on the same forum for over 4 months now and since the stike is over with 3 months you, like us all, have long since stopped saying anything new or interesting.

QuoteYour attempts to make me look petty are more reflective on yourself.

Ah no, unfortunately it is only yourself who is making you look petty, posting on only one topic for over 4 months, especially one that is finished with 3 months will do that for a fella. And now for the lies.............

QuoteThe pro-strike posters on here tried to have us all believe there were no effects from the strike, everyone in Cork had united, in spite of what others claimed.

No we didn't, I certainly didn't and I'm 100% sure GAA didn't either, in fact I said that opinion was very much split on the issue in Cork and that I had no doubt that not all the panel felt the exact same. But don't let facts get in the way of your conspiracy theory's. John Gardiner put that to bed, Jesus wept!!!

QuoteWell the shackles were off, so what was so different? What was different for the Timmy boy who was so vocal about what club he played for and who did or didn't know it? Still whipped off even if Denis knew his club better than Gerald.

What is your point? Sean Og, Donal Og, Gardiner (2nd half), Kenny (2nd half), Ben O'Connor, Jerry O'Conor (2nd half) all played very well, the 2 McCarthy's were poor so what? Some lads played well in one game some didn't that is always the way, Caodgan who played very well the last day could be very poor the next, what does that prove? Nothing, I knew you'd pull this type of BS and even posters who disagreed with the strike can surely see this as the nonsense that it is, i.e. if Cork play bad then Gerald wasn't at fault for any poor performances in the last two years it was simply the players weren't up to it and were deflecting the blame to Gerald. Amazingly when they've played well you now try to pick out one or two of the old guard who played poorly as evidence of this while ignoring the fact most of the older players played well.

QuoteAnd don't give me this rubbish they need so long. There's been enough time to implement a style. No one mentioned the time problem about that before, just in relation to the fitness thing but now all of a sudden 'they haven't had time to get their gameplan right'.

Now you're just showing yourself to be clueless, there are a number of lads who coach or are interested in coaching and all of them will tell you that you can't implement a clear style of play in such a short time. Indiana is one poster who is interested in coaching and was anti-strike so pm him if you don't believe me.

QuoteYou cant even address the questions either put on this board or raised in general.

I've addressed every question put to me if I had an answer, I even speculated on a few questions just to satisfy the like of you but if you want I'll try and answer any questions you feel need addressed. Though it's a bit ironic coming from a pro-CCB poster as many of my questions weren't answered, mind you I won't go back over them again as most are irrelevant now that the strike is over.

QuoteCork will be a challange to any county this year, as they were last year an the one before and I don't recall anyone saying anything different. But what's so different this year?

Jaysus I seem to remember a few lads saying they were finished, the problem last year was the players and Gerald didn't have a working relationship, the exact reasons for that neither you or I know, but the players were adament that they couldn't work with him. Gerald wasn't successful in his time their and the players felt a change was needed, they now have (I presume) a man they can work with and consequently they have a better chance of success. At the top level the difference between winning and losing is very small and having a happy camp is essential to achieving success and that is why Gerald had to go. Look anyone would do well with Kilkenny, but if everything wasn;t right they might win only one out of three AI's but with the right back up they would win 2 or 3 out of the 3, that is the diference.

QuoteOh that's right, in spite of Gardiner, the RTE presenter and panel and journalists acknowledging that fallout and division is there we on this board have to listen to shite from yourself and others saying the contrary and telling us when we sould stop commenting on an issue you neither seem to understand or grasp the consequences of.

More lies, I never said there wasn't a fallout, of course there was, I said it is time to move on, which it is and most people in Cork are doing just that. It is only you with your delusions of apocolyptic 'consequences' that I have a problem with, I've been to Cork a number of times since the strike ended and most have forgotten about it, you with businesses closing, job losses and people losing their house a hurling spat isn't all that important to them 3 months after it ended. Consequences me arse, hurt feelings and the breakdown in relationships between Gerald and a few of the players, while unfortunate, isn't the end of the world. Oh and mind the language dowling, you don't want to get down in the gutter with us pro-player louts do you?

QuoteYou're probably the sort of boy who sucks up to the best player in your club because you think it'll help your own status to do so, whether you're on the bus or not.

Oh it seems you do, 'sucking up to the best player' ha ha ha ha, if only you knew.

QuoteAnd lastly Zulu, it's a pity you weren't emphasising it is only a game when Gerald was getting villified and death threats. Bit late in the day to come out with that

In fact I always did, I supported the players in their actions because of the reason the CB reappointed Gerald (IMO of course) and I was as disgusted as anyone in relation to the death threats. I have been involved in a few debates on various GAA related topics on this board and at times lads get heated but every topic except this one finished when it, more or less, came to a natural end, i.e. all that could be said was said. And posters moved on to other topics, it is only you who contiues to spout indignant nonsense on an issue long since finished.

By the way dowling best of luck in the leaving cert, it's English paper 1 today right? Well you've had plenty of practice making up stuff on this thread so the essay will be a cake walk for you.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 09:36:29 AM

What abuse ?

Not even worth repeating what he and the O hAilpin's got.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 11:39:31 AM

What abuse ?

Why did Donal Og and Sean Og get stick in particular ??

I saw Frank Murphy looking round during the minute's slience to see who was not observing the silence. Good to see FM still in the dug out.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 11:49:12 AM

What abuse ?

I saw Frank Murphy looking round during the minute's slience to see who was not observing the silence. Good to see FM still in the dug out.

You'd hardly need to be a genius to figure that one out  ::)

Reillers

What abuse ?

Donal Og is Donal Og.
And do you really need me to tell you why both Aisake and Sean Og got abuse? You really can't work that one out?

imtommygunn

That's a big accusation Reillers. Not being there I can't be too sure if it is the case however I'd like to think anyone shouting that kind of abuse would be firmly put in their place.

Reillers

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 03, 2009, 12:22:56 PM
That's a big accusation Reillers. Not being there I can't be too sure if it is the case however I'd like to think anyone shouting that kind of abuse would be firmly put in their place.

Oh it's not an accusation, everyone heard it, I'm not sure how much came across on the tv though.
Some Tipp lad got a smack or two from some Cork lad, afterwards because of what he was calling Aisake. Not condoning it but he had it coming.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 12:13:52 PM

What abuse ?

Donal Og is Donal Og.
And do you really need me to tell you why both Aisake and Sean Og got abuse? You really can't work that one out?

Fucaike you didn't mention Aisake. As for the other two boys, you know well why they got abuse... Longrunsthe fox   :o 

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 12:29:38 PM

Oh it's not an accusation, everyone heard it, I'm not sure how much came across on the tv though.
Some Tipp lad got a smack or two from some Cork lad, afterwards because of what he was calling Aisake. Not condoning it but he had it coming.

I remember reading that before on this thread. I think it was from you. Not sure who it was about though !  ;)

There's no way the O' hAilpin's got abuse -  no way. Not a chance. Why now ?.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 12:56:27 PM
Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2009, 12:29:38 PM

I remember reading that before on this thread. I think it was from you. Not sure who it was about though !  ;)

There's no way the O' hAilpin's got abuse -  no way. Not a chance. Why now ?.
I'm glad to see you find it amusing OM. Funny I didn't see anyone else laughing.