McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

TJ described it well. The 2008 players simply wanted Gerald's head as the trophy - as soon as they got that, it was normal service resumed. No matter whose side you were on, the 2008/2009 strike will go down as the most distasteful episode in the illustrious history of Cork GAA. It turned out to be the most divisive, the most bitter and most shameful of all.

The 2008 Cork panel might have won the battle to get rid of Gerald but they most certianly lost the war. Bringing the mob out one Sunday in their thousands when only a few hundred were able to go to Cusack Park the following Sunday. Getting idiots so wound up that they felt it appropriate to threaten Gerald and his family in their home and workplaces ( and there will be news soon by the way about this ) was one of the lowest moments of the entire episode, surpassed only by the shameful instructions of the leaders to boycott a funeral. Need I go on ?  Scabs etc etc .................

And whilst all the beating of chests about FM, all the press conferences, the pressure applied by Colm Keys ( the striker's PR man ), nothing has changed except that Gerald is no longer manager.

I predicted a long number of pages ago that people in time would ask themselves what it was all about. I know even after such a short time that this very question is being asked right now.

Indy is right - we should leave it behind. But I'd say there'll be a few more posts later on as even fithier striking tactics emerge. A lot of questions which could have been answered by a clarifying statement on behalf of the 2008 remain unanswered like where did all the sponsorship money go etc etc.

So whilst the thread has run its course, there's more to come out in the next few months and years.

Shame on the 2008 panel and in particular their leaders who once had the respect of all but who got drunk on the commercial power of it all. The 2008 panel said they'd go to the grave happy in the knowledge that they stood firm in the face of adversity. How perverse !.

The 2008 panel said they took the action to save Cork hurling. Again how funny this statement has been made to look.

The 2008 panel's leaders were only in it for themselves and we'll find that not all of them were driving forces. Some of the panel actually wanted nothing to do with the strike and in particular the unsavoury methods and tactics used by the ringleaders. Again this will emerge in time.

Will there be another strike ? Ask Donal or Sean.

Was it worth it ?? Of course not.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on May 05, 2009, 10:06:32 PM
You think you're so high and mighty you tried to "out" me at one stage

As what? a gay? a communist under the bed?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on May 06, 2009, 09:20:05 AM
TJ described it well. The 2008 players simply wanted Gerald's head as the trophy - as soon as they got that, it was normal service resumed. No matter whose side you were on, the 2008/2009 strike will go down as the most distasteful episode in the illustrious history of Cork GAA. It turned out to be the most divisive, the most bitter and most shameful of all.

The 2008 Cork panel might have won the battle to get rid of Gerald but they most certianly lost the war. Bringing the mob out one Sunday in their thousands when only a few hundred were able to go to Cusack Park the following Sunday. Getting idiots so wound up that they felt it appropriate to threaten Gerald and his family in their home and workplaces ( and there will be news soon by the way about this ) was one of the lowest moments of the entire episode, surpassed only by the shameful instructions of the leaders to boycott a funeral. Need I go on ?  Scabs etc etc .................

And whilst all the beating of chests about FM, all the press conferences, the pressure applied by Colm Keys ( the striker's PR man ), nothing has changed except that Gerald is no longer manager.

I predicted a long number of pages ago that people in time would ask themselves what it was all about. I know even after such a short time that this very question is being asked right now.

Indy is right - we should leave it behind. But I'd say there'll be a few more posts later on as even fithier striking tactics emerge. A lot of questions which could have been answered by a clarifying statement on behalf of the 2008 remain unanswered like where did all the sponsorship money go etc etc.

So whilst the thread has run its course, there's more to come out in the next few months and years.

Shame on the 2008 panel and in particular their leaders who once had the respect of all but who got drunk on the commercial power of it all. The 2008 panel said they'd go to the grave happy in the knowledge that they stood firm in the face of adversity. How perverse !.

The 2008 panel said they took the action to save Cork hurling. Again how funny this statement has been made to look.

The 2008 panel's leaders were only in it for themselves and we'll find that not all of them were driving forces. Some of the panel actually wanted nothing to do with the strike and in particular the unsavoury methods and tactics used by the ringleaders. Again this will emerge in time.

Will there be another strike ? Ask Donal or Sean.

Was it worth it ?? Of course not.

OM this bullshit is exactly why it's probably one of the most pointless thing to close this thread even though I'll be the happiest person if it does, but because your type will pop up everywhere.
People who make coments trying to make it come across as fact when ye have absolutely no proof to back it up.
There's absolutely of any sort of sponsorship at all, something Bud made up.
Absolutely no proof  of motive threw financial gain, (and if anything they would loose out from such "distateful" actions.)
Absolutely no proof of a boycott of a funeral.
No proof of anything at all that you've said.
All this happened because the players were provoked by the CCB, it was never about Gerald, FACT. But you just make your own little story out of it and pick and chose the details you like, ye all do.

Yet you make presumptions, insulting presumptions that are not backed up at all one bit, yet apparently it's ok to do.
Apparently it's just fine, to insult players with no  once upon a time fact is what you were supposed to  stick to fact and fact only, not make exagerated storries and try to pass them off as fact, not only that but it's done by you and all the other so called experts, and done so viciously.

I wonder if it'll ever stop, I wonder if the childish personal insults will stop and the game is talked about, wait know the last time that happened most of ye had a fit, and maybe for once we could stick to the fact. Not what ye think is fact, but actual real fact, not some hyped up fairytale that ye'd love to believe is true.
Just because there's a lot of ye there doesn't mean ye are right neither does that mean ye have the right to treat the rest of us like ye do, there are rules to the forum, but apparently most think they are too far above the rules then the rest of us. Apparently the rules don't apply to ye.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on May 06, 2009, 01:08:07 PM

Are you ever going to stop with the petty childish insults?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on May 06, 2009, 01:55:28 PM

What did he try and 'out' you as?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on May 06, 2009, 02:04:36 PM

He was doing the same thing as you were so obsessed with. It's mainly you actually, "out" who I was. He's the one who started it all though.
Even though it was pointless and untrue because what you were saying was all bullshit, but it was still irritating and childish.

heineken_on_tap

This thread has no longer anything to do with hurling, just a few lads having a bitch fight or trading insults on a daily basis. Time to wrap it up methinks.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on May 06, 2009, 02:26:30 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 06, 2009, 02:04:36 PM

He was doing the same thing as you were so obsessed with. It's mainly you actually, "out" who I was.

I can't understand 'Yoda-speak'  - can you try juggling all those words around around and posting a coherent sentence?

Reillers

You tried to "out" who I was. Over and over again. Clear enough for ya? (Even though it was complete bullshit.) It's still childish and irritating and against the rules.

But hey, no one follows the rules of the forum, but hey, I'm no mod..clearly there is none.

Personal insults all the time, over and over, bullshit fairytales that are passed off as fact and anyone who has a different opinion is 100% wrong because ye have the majority.
Everytime I presented actual fact I was told constantly that I was, what was it, "living in Reilersland." But hey ye're unproven factless ramblings was taken as script.
But hey apparently everyone is above the rules here. Forgot.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on May 06, 2009, 02:54:07 PM

Personal insults all the time, over and over, bullshit fairytales that are passed off as fact and anyone who has a different opinion is 100% wrong

Enough about you and your role in this thread please

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on May 06, 2009, 03:19:52 PM

Personal insults all the time, over and over, bullshit fairytales that are passed off as fact and anyone who has a different opinion is 100% wrong

Excuse me. Who exactly do you think you are.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on May 06, 2009, 03:33:19 PM

A member of this forum prepared to call you on your bullshi* and permanent victim complex.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on May 06, 2009, 03:48:45 PM

A member of this forum prepared to call you on your bullshi* and permanent victim complex.

Oh I've never claimed the victim, I've actually said I don't care, that the childish comments are only irritating.

And this coming from the same person who claims to know what club I'm from, claims to know Bob Honohan,and most of all claims to have been in the "Bishopstown bar" over the Easter.

Are you going to admit that was all lies and bullshit, about you being there over the Easter break and asking about me?

I do not expect any answer from this as well, it's you. I only expect childish insults as per usual.

whiskeysteve

How long can they keep this up?

Will either side ever back down??

WHAT IS AT STAKE HERE???
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on May 06, 2009, 03:59:46 PM
Quote from: heffo on May 06, 2009, 03:48:45 PM

And this coming from the same person who claims to know what club I'm from, claims to know Bob Honohan,and most of all claims to have been in the "Bishopstown bar" over the Easter.

Are you going to admit that was all lies and bullshit

I deny nothing.