McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieMerx

Reillers when have you discussed hurling on here??? I do talk hurling but quiet frankly all the discussion in this forum is about this one topic.... for some reason Reillers you feel you are the only person who knows anything about hurling!!! I would hazard a guess that you have as much knowledge of hurling as you have command for the English language.

Like everyone, I said from the start that Cork have very little talent coming through, I would not have as much knowledge as Indy on Cork hurling but I have played at a level where I know if players are going to be average county players or stand-out players! Unfortunately Cork have quiet a few average county players coming through.

Reillers I will willingly discuss hurling but this annoying thread seems to dominate the hurling forum.

Reillers

Quote from: EddieMerx on April 04, 2009, 01:17:59 PM
Reillers when have you discussed hurling on here??? I do talk hurling but quiet frankly all the discussion in this forum is about this one topic.... for some reason Reillers you feel you are the only person who knows anything about hurling!!! I would hazard a guess that you have as much knowledge of hurling as you have command for the English language.

Like everyone, I said from the start that Cork have very little talent coming through, I would not have as much knowledge as Indy on Cork hurling but I have played at a level where I know if players are going to be average county players or stand-out players! Unfortunately Cork have quiet a few average county players coming through.

Reillers I will willingly discuss hurling but this annoying thread seems to dominate the hurling forum.

But not on here I can't remember you talking hurling once.

All you've seem to have done is be attacking the players and attacking myself or other pro player posters, all the time. But when it's come to actually discussing the game itself you (and a good few others and here, them more so then you, have demanded to have the subject changed back to thrashing the players or will disapeer till someone has that subject back up. You'll see little pockets of where hurling is discussed for about a page between say me and Realrebel..etc. and then back comes the likes of OM and bring it straight back down to bickering and degrading the players.

I'd have no bother at all if you attempted to express whatever knowledge you have about Cork hurling on here, but all you have seemed to do is come on and bitch.

I'd have no bother if you said what you just said about Cork, and I'd be willing to debate you on it, but you haven't, all you've done is winge and bitch constantly.

I genuinely never remember you even attempting to discuss hurling on this topic, not even once, just constantly putting down the players or attacking one of the pro Cork posters. Now I apologise if I'm wrong, but I genuinely can't remember you talking hurling once on here.

Now share your opinion all you want. But if this is an annoying thread to you why do you constantly come on here.
Now I was just wondering isn't there something else you'd rather be doing on a different topic?

Discuss Cork hurling if you want, but actually discuss it, not make childish little comments every single time.
Now wouldn't that make it a lot less annoying?

I mean it's you and a handful of the other lads on here as well, I couldn't over about 400 pages find where they genuinely have discussed hurling for more then 5 seconds before going back to whinging and bitching about the players or back to personal attacks.

Now I couldn't care less if you came on here and said that in your opinion Ben O Connor is the worst hurler you've even seen, at least then you'd be discussing hurling and that would be your opinion. But you haven't and very little people on here are willing to do it either. All they want to do and all they seem to enjoy, the likes of OM, Skull, Dowling, anglocelt39..etc. is whinging and bitching about the players constantly for 400 pages. and when I try to change the subject an actually discuss the game they've a fit because it's a distraction from their constanting complaining. Like they almost had a stroke there once when I asked what team they think should start for the Clare game.

Now would it be too much to ask for you to actually discuss hurling on here, I'm not telling you what to do, I'm simply asking would it be a lot more productive and a little less anoying if you actually discussed the game instead of politics and off the field crap?

And if you don't want to do that, and you find the topic so annoying, I gotta wonder why you keep coming on here and posting.

EddieMerx

Reillers you really are special!!! you accuse me of not having life and yet every second post on this topic is from you, I would guess I have posted maybe 20 times in this topic possibly more possibly less! but I certainly don't post every day unlike you who seems to live on this thread! How have you got a job, life, wife/girlfriend and actively part-take in Cork GAA when you seem to be here from morning to night!

Anyway I'm not going to get into a personal battle with you so I will bid farewell to this thread

Reillers

Quote from: EddieMerx on April 04, 2009, 01:43:47 PM
Reillers you really are special!!! you accuse me of not having life and yet every second post on this topic is from you, I would guess I have posted maybe 20 times in this topic possibly more possibly less! but I certainly don't post every day unlike you who seems to live on this thread! How have you got a job, life, wife/girlfriend and actively part-take in Cork GAA when you seem to be here from morning to night!

Anyway I'm not going to get into a personal battle with you so I will bid farewell to this thread

ANd that's exactly what I mean, instead of admitting that you've never ONCE discussed hurling on here you turn to personal attacks on myself and you only come on here to bitch, all the time. I like Cork hurling but I do a lot of travelling day in day out so I'd be on my laptop a lot. Yes I have a lovely family, am very involved with my club and a job both of which requires me to do a lot of travelling for it, which includes very late nights which the family are very gracious to.
As one of the ways to past the time I'd come on here, because for some reason or another this site loads faster then then most others. Now if you've a problem with that then well that's your problem. You though have just proved that you are no better then the likes of OM on here.
You never once have ever talked about Cork hurling. NOT ONCE. And instead of actually acknowledgeing that you turn to the defense mechanism that is personally attack me. And like many on here, whenever they are confronted about it the hop off and refuse to respond.
Well done. You just joined that club.
And I'm glad I helped you realise that there are other things in life you could be doing then constantly moaning about something you hate.
Farewell.

orangeman

You're special Reillers - very special - grow a set would you !

orangeman

All your own speaks.

Could you try just for once to refrain from going off on one ?? Everybodyhates Cork, you're clueless, you don't talk hurling etc etc - for God's sake !!

Reillers

I will when someone can actually talk hurling for more then 5 seconds. You attempted to there about a page or two ago and then went back to abusive posts. Ye had a fit a few pages before that when I tried to ask what team do you think will start.
No one talks hurling on here. Just whinging and bitching all the time.

anglocelt39

In fairness Reillers I think some of the problems you encounter on this thread might reflect the rather insular view SOME Cork GAA people (some would say Cork people in general) have of the world. You probably would not encounter half the hassle you get if you were posting your views on one of the dedicated Cork sites-well certainly not your views regarding whether Cork are a national power in the 7 or 8 county game that is hurling at the moment or whether some of the fringe players are up to it or not (sure of course they are, we're Cork and they're about the best we have etc.)

The simple facts are that

1. GAA Discussion Board is a forum that is used by a broad spread of supporters countrywide

2. Outside the Cork County Boundaries the Rebels would not exactly be the most popular GAA outfit there is at the moment, for whatever reasons.

Add 1 and 2 together and you are going to have your views contested a bit. Mind you, your ability to take the rise might be another factor in fairness.

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

slow corner back

The Cats put 27 points on Cork today, they are an unreal side miles ahead of everyone. They were saying on RTE radio today the John Gardiner came out midweek and said something along the lines that Kilkenny would not have won so many all irelansds if Gerald McCarthy had not been managing Cork!!! What a twit I wonder how many scores his man got off him today? He was one of the worst culprits who got taken to the cleaners in last years all ireland semi.

INDIANA

I did explain this during the week to our esteemed friend but I was told I knew nothing. Maybe I do know  a tad more then he thinks I do. Look kilkenny play a different game of hurling compared to everyone else now. And that includes Cork.

Reillers

Kilkenny were in another all together. It really shows the difference of 3 weeks and 3 months. In general though kk are in a league of their own and I couldn't say for certain if the result would have been any different. And Ga said nothing of the sorts but suprise surprise is completly misquoted on here without even bothering to find the real facts.

EddieMerx

I thought this Cork team had been training all over the winter unlike every other county ???

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 05, 2009, 04:41:15 PM
Kilkenny were in another all together. It really shows the difference of 3 weeks and 3 months. In general though kk are in a league of their own and I couldn't say for certain if the result would have been any different. And Ga said nothing of the sorts but suprise surprise is completly misquoted on here without even bothering to find the real facts.

I know you were boycotting the Cork team under Ger Mac but why are you still boycotting them or do you only go to Championship fixtures?

slow corner back

Quote from: Reillers on April 05, 2009, 04:41:15 PM

If you read my post you would see that I am reporting what was said on RTE radio and taken up as such by many KK followers who were using it to gee up there team. Sounds a bit like Babs and his donkeys for derbies quote. Slagging off the best team in the country is pretty stupid idea

anglocelt39

Now make no mistake Kilkenny are one serious outfit but, one question, when is the last time a Cork senior hurling team took this heavy a defeat in a competitive fixture, league or championship. Not in my lifetime that I can remember, perhaps somebody out there has the answer.

Getting beaten by 9 or 10 points could, I suppose, be put down to the extra curricular concerns and responsibilities of the Cork panel over the last few months, this sort of a flogging though, poses some questions which deserve answers:

1. Do the Cork Hurlers and some of their more one eyed supporters accept the proposition that their failure on the pitch in 2007 and 2008 might just be, in some small way, related to themselves and not solely a matter relating to Gerald McCarthy and his management team?

2. If proposition 1 above is not accepted well then, does it look like the new management team appointed represents a disasterous mistake. I know I know, one game and all that but surely they would have been seriously up for this and again, remember, we are talking a TROUNCING OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS HERE.

3. If proposition 1 is not accepted how long will it be before the panel requests the new management team to do the decent thing? How soon before we can look forward to, wait for it, a strike to get rid of the management team?

Gerald McCarthy strikes me as a man with too much class to publicly crow at todays result, despite the disgraceful blackguarding he was subjected to. However I hope he allows himself as small smile tonight as the panel that hounded him are exposed on the pitch for what they showed themselves to be in their treatment of him i.e. GUTLESS.

Any text polls on ReillersFM coming up?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds