McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Happy now Indy, changed the picture, much better now.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 09:31:45 PM

Very good - the night democracy won ?? The night the mob got behind the strikers and scabs were open season and the threats were flying all over the joint !

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 09:01:31 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 08:56:20 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 08:03:21 PM
Genuine question Reillers - why don't you get your club delegate (CCC1 or 2 not the other fella we won't mention) to nominate you for one of the CCC1 or CCC2 executive positions in Cork - that way you can effect change from within?

With regard to FM not caring about Juvenile structures, surely it's Coiste Na Nog in Cork you should be directing your anger at and not FM? if FM is so apapthetic towards Juvenile structures then he can't be accused of meddling?? If indeed this is the case and that there are ineffective CCC1 or CCC2 officers not working in the best interests of Corks clubs, then all the more reason for someone as passionate as yourself to get involved??

Finally, you don't have to agree with Indiana's assesment of the Cork underage setup or lads who haven't won AI's at underage level who you expect to replace senior AI winners, but as he is someone who has expertise at juvenile level from being involved in development squads who have produced players capable of competing with the best in the country (at underage) - if I were you, I'd be picking his brains and getting some tips not insulting him..

Nominate me, please. The delegates in my club are cemented in stone. And besides that, the fact that I've to say this means it's pointless in me saying this because you don't understand and you wouldn't be asking if you did.
Delegates are nothing put puppets at Cb level. They don't have an opinion. They don't get a say. They might as well not be there at all. There are no structures in Cork for underage levels at all and the CB will do nothing about it. The same way they wont do anything about the state of our home ground which is supposed to be our pride and joy of a ground. The facilities in clubs, the money clubs get, the grants, the fixtures of clubs..etc. all of which are ridiculous but none of which FM and co will do anything about.

I wouldn't mind that, but I am not willing to listen to someone who's said he's seen these lads play once aganist a Dublin underage team and by that think he's the right to say they are all nothing but average and that I, after seeing them a hell lot more times then he has,  am wrong and his view, isn't an opinion, but fact and he's 100% right and he knows after seeing them play one time, that they'll all strugle and only one or two will make it.

I'm sorry but that's nothing but blatant arrogance, not even Cody is that good. He's absolutely no idea what my credentials are, but he's the arrogance to think after seeing some of these lads once that he knows better. And I've been involved with underage teams, that doesn't stop him from saying basically that my opinion after seeing them play loads of times, doesn't matter and is completley wrong and shows me zero respect, and insults me, he may not agree with my opinion on Gerald but he's basically saying that I know nothing about the players, I have been involved in hurling and underage teams, I've seen some of these lads go right up from U8s to senior IC teams, and I know the difference between a good player and one who is no more then average. An opinion that you form over watching them play and develop over years, not one bloody game against Dublin. That is an insult to me, my knowledge, and the players. IMO he's completely out of line. I wouldn't start telling him that all the Dublin players will never be more then an average team with less then average players because I've seen them the odd time playing. Because genuinely I wouldn't have seen them enough times to make that call. I wouldn't know. But he's basically doing that with Cork.

Because not even the likes of Cody can judge all those players from one game and then off that call them all average and say none will make it. It's not right and it's not fair and at the least it's incredibly insulting to these lads.

1- Of Course your delegates are cemented -any excuse possible.

2- I gave my opinion .This is a forum. Not reillersboard.  425 pages and you still haven't grasped that. Extraordinary.

3- Find me one line where I've insulted anyone. Calling someone average is called an opinion. In Reillerslnad its a grave insult.

4- Reillers I've seen them in Fitzgibbon Cup, minor and u21 and some of them even earlier than that . Again how is that one match?  Intermediate club hurling isn't inter county Reillers.

You know nothing about my club Indy but you think you can talk about it.
You didn't give an opinion, what you put across was put across as what you thought were fact. You didn't accept my opinion despite the fact that I've seen them many more times then you have. You think you know it all after you saw them once.
I asked you when did you ever see any of them and you said that against an underage Dublin team once.
And now you're just flipflopping.

Reillers do I have to copy and paste my previous posts. I am a regular attender of the Tony Forristal u14 and Arrabawn u16 all-ireland hurling championships. I have been involved at minor and u21. Now I suggest you go to the Cork team dressing room at your earliest convienience and ask them how many of them played in these competitions. I would lay any odds that 85% of the current cork hurling panel played in those comeptitions. And the reason I know that Is because I bloody well saw them playing in them. Will you please do that for me and come back to me.

The Fitzgibbon Cup tournament was held in Clanna Gael in Dublin this year. I saw UCC playing two games thats where I saw Jordan and Harnett. thats 2 games Reillers not one. Correct me if I'm wrong on this but isn't Jordan from Blarney? Again correct me if I 'm wrong but didn't Blarney get to the intermediate all-ireland hurling final this year. That game was in Croke Park and guess what? I was there. So makes 3 games this year along where I've saw him playing. That is just one example of some of the players you mentioned.

I've seen O Sullivan and Cadogan at 16 level,minor and u21 level. Thats more than one bloody game . Callinan plays centre back for Glen Rovers . I lived in Cork for 5 years . He's been selected at wing-forward incidently. In my view if he was good enough he'd have made it by now. He's hardly a youthful selection.
Oh and by the way I was referring to Blarney as an intermediate hurling team.

Read below Reillers. Its interesting reading.

Roll of Honour - All Ireland Under 16ROLL OF HONOUR - ALL IRELAND UNDER 16 HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP

Tipperary (9) , Galway (7) , Kilkenny (3), Clare (1), Wexford (1)

1988 Tipperary

1989 Tipperary

1990 Tipperary
1991 Galway

1992 Kilkenny

1993 Galway

1994 Tipperary

1995 Tipperary

1996 Galway

1997 Tipperary

1998 Galway

1999 Clare

2000 Galway

2001 Kilkenny

2002 Tipperary

2003 Galway

2004 Galway

2005 Kilkenny

2006 Tipperary

2007 Tipperary

2008 Wexford

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 09:40:20 PM

Very good - the night democracy won ?? The night the mob got behind the strikers and scabs were open season and the threats were flying all over the joint !
So the clubs are now scabs ans mobs. Showing your true colors all right.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 09:40:54 PM
Genuine question Reillers - why don't you get your club delegate (CCC1 or 2 not the other fella we won't mention) to nominate you for one of the CCC1 or CCC2 executive positions in Cork - that way you can effect change from within?

With regard to FM not caring about Juvenile structures, surely it's Coiste Na Nog in Cork you should be directing your anger at and not FM? if FM is so apapthetic towards Juvenile structures then he can't be accused of meddling?? If indeed this is the case and that there are ineffective CCC1 or CCC2 officers not working in the best interests of Corks clubs, then all the more reason for someone as passionate as yourself to get involved??

Finally, you don't have to agree with Indiana's assesment of the Cork underage setup or lads who haven't won AI's at underage level who you expect to replace senior AI winners, but as he is someone who has expertise at juvenile level from being involved in development squads who have produced players capable of competing with the best in the country (at underage) - if I were you, I'd be picking his brains and getting some tips not insulting him..

Nominate me, please. The delegates in my club are cemented in stone. And besides that, the fact that I've to say this means it's pointless in me saying this because you don't understand and you wouldn't be asking if you did.
Delegates are nothing put puppets at Cb level. They don't have an opinion. They don't get a say. They might as well not be there at all. There are no structures in Cork for underage levels at all and the CB will do nothing about it. The same way they wont do anything about the state of our home ground which is supposed to be our pride and joy of a ground. The facilities in clubs, the money clubs get, the grants, the fixtures of clubs..etc. all of which are ridiculous but none of which FM and co will do anything about.

I wouldn't mind that, but I am not willing to listen to someone who's said he's seen these lads play once aganist a Dublin underage team and by that think he's the right to say they are all nothing but average and that I, after seeing them a hell lot more times then he has,  am wrong and his view, isn't an opinion, but fact and he's 100% right and he knows after seeing them play one time, that they'll all strugle and only one or two will make it.

I'm sorry but that's nothing but blatant arrogance, not even Cody is that good. He's absolutely no idea what my credentials are, but he's the arrogance to think after seeing some of these lads once that he knows better. And I've been involved with underage teams, that doesn't stop him from saying basically that my opinion after seeing them play loads of times, doesn't matter and is completley wrong and shows me zero respect, and insults me, he may not agree with my opinion on Gerald but he's basically saying that I know nothing about the players, I have been involved in hurling and underage teams, I've seen some of these lads go right up from U8s to senior IC teams, and I know the difference between a good player and one who is no more then average. An opinion that you form over watching them play and develop over years, not one bloody game against Dublin. That is an insult to me, my knowledge, and the players. IMO he's completely out of line. I wouldn't start telling him that all the Dublin players will never be more then an average team with less then average players because I've seen them the odd time playing. Because genuinely I wouldn't have seen them enough times to make that call. I wouldn't know. But he's basically doing that with Cork.

Because not even the likes of Cody can judge all those players from one game and then off that call them all average and say none will make it. It's not right and it's not fair and at the least it's incredibly insulting to these lads.

2- I gave my opinion .This is a forum. Not reillersboard.  425 pages and you still haven't grasped that. Extraordinary.

3- Find me one line where I've insulted anyone. Calling someone average is called an opinion. In Reillerslnad its a grave insult.

4- Reillers I've seen them in Fitzgibbon Cup, minor and u21 and some of them even earlier than that . Again how is that one match?  Intermediate club hurling isn't inter county Reillers.

You didn't give an opinion, what you put across was put across as what you thought were fact. You didn't accept my opinion despite the fact that I've seen them many more times then you have. You think you know it all after you saw them once.
I asked you when did you ever see any of them and you said that against an underage Dublin team once.

Reillers do I have to copy and paste my previous posts. I am a regular attender of the Tony Forristal u14 and Arrabawn u16 all-ireland hurling championships. I have been involved at minor and u21. Now I suggest you go to the Cork team dressing room at your earliest convienience and ask them how many of them played in these competitions. I would lay any odds that 85% of the current cork hurling panel played in those comeptitions. And the reason I know that Is because I bloody well saw them playing in them. Will you please do that for me and come back to me.

The Fitzgibbon Cup tournament was held in Clanna Gael in Dublin this year. I saw UCC playing two games thats where I saw Jordan and Harnett. thats 2 games Reillers not one. Correct me if I'm wrong on this but isn't Jordan from Blarney? Again correct me if I 'm wrong but didn't Blarney get to the intermediate all-ireland hurling final this year. That game was in Croke Park and guess what? I was there. So makes 3 games this year along where I've saw him playing. That is just one example of some of the players you mentioned.

I've seen O Sullivan and Cadogan at 16 level,minor and u21 level. Thats more than one bloody game . Callinan plays centre back for Glen Rovers . I lived in Cork for 5 years . He's been selected at wing-forward incidently. In my view if he was good enough he'd have made it by now. He's hardly a youthful selection.

Roll of Honour - All Ireland Under 16ROLL OF HONOUR - ALL IRELAND UNDER 16 HURLING CHAMPIONSHIP

1988 Tipperary

1989 Tipperary

1990 Tipperary
1991 Galway

1992 Kilkenny

1993 Galway

1994 Tipperary

1995 Tipperary

1996 Galway

1997 Tipperary

1998 Galway

1999 Clare

2000 Galway

2001 Kilkenny

2002 Tipperary

2003 Galway

2004 Galway

2005 Kilkenny

2006 Tipperary

2007 Tipperary

2008 Wexford

Shit - yuo've got Reillers by the nuts here - seems like you know more about Cork hurling than Reillers does, even though he has tried to rubbish your credentials at every turnaround.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 09:43:15 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 09:40:20 PM

So the clubs are now scabs ans mobs. Showing your true colors all right.

Here's one of your speaks  -- Can you not read ??

orangeman

Reillers

1988 Tipperary

1989 Tipperary

1990 Tipperary
1991 Galway

1992 Kilkenny

1993 Galway

1994 Tipperary

1995 Tipperary

1996 Galway

1997 Tipperary

1998 Galway

1999 Clare

2000 Galway

2001 Kilkenny

2002 Tipperary

2003 Galway

2004 Galway

2005 Kilkenny

2006 Tipperary

2007 Tipperary

2008 Wexford

Oh so it's went from 1 to now 3-4 games. You said you saw them all play once. It's what you said. And I never said a word about U16s. IF you think little attention is paid to the U 21s and minors then I don't even know where to begin at that level.
So what's your point exactly?

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 09:47:43 PM

1988 Tipperary

1989 Tipperary

1990 Tipperary
1991 Galway

1992 Kilkenny

1993 Galway

1994 Tipperary

1995 Tipperary

1996 Galway

1997 Tipperary

1998 Galway

1999 Clare

2000 Galway

2001 Kilkenny

2002 Tipperary

2003 Galway

2004 Galway

2005 Kilkenny

2006 Tipperary

2007 Tipperary

2008 Wexford

Oh so it's went from 1 to now 3-4 games. You said you saw them all play once. It's what you said. And I never said a word about U16s. IF you think little attention is paid to the U 21s and minors then I don't even know where to begin at that level.
So what's your point exactly?

Even I'm getting the point that Indiana is making. Kinda straightforward I'd have thought.

Reillers

I've never once disagreed that Cork have a poor underage success rate, not once, so I don't get his point for putting up that.

INDIANA

Floundering Reillers- quicker than a one armed man trying to swim. I used one game as an example where cork played dublin in an u21 challenge last season. You claimed I hadn't seen any of these players. I think I've seen enough to make an assessment. Do you honestly think that a devout Gaa man wouldn't attend club hurling in Cork when he's living there? a top3 county? I said I lived in Cork for  a period over 200 pages ago. Anyone who trains underage teams would be stupid not to top level club games- to see if they could pick up things.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 10:00:33 PM
Floundering Reillers- quicker than a one armed man trying to swim. I used one game as an example where cork played dublin in an u21 challenge last season. You claimed I hadn't seen any of these players. I think I've seen enough to make an assessment. Do you honestly think that a devout Gaa man wouldn't attend club hurling in Cork when he's living there? a top3 county? I said I lived in Cork for  a period over 200 pages ago. Anyone who trains underage teams would be stupid not to top level club games- to see if they could pick up things.

You said you saw them once.
First it was half, then it was all.

No, suppose not, what clubs did ya see?

Outta curiousity, what would you do if you were involved in the underage set up in Cork GAA. Apparently Geralds centre of excellence has come to a stand still.
So what would you do, keeping in mind with a CCB who will not co-operate or help you at all.

INDIANA

1- Approach the county board and simply tell them you'll take the centres of excellence off their hands entirely. They won't have to invest a penny on the provsio they don't interfere in any way. Either way everyone wins. Most county boards are interested though in fact I would say all of them are.

2- On the quiet approach some friendly sponsors and private individuals to fund it. I know people will laugh at that but believe me its done in other counties and its very successful. Dublin for example. Tyrone are another. Armagh as well. County boards don't have the finance for these things. Petition friendly TD's for  a grant. Speak to GAA HQ. They do invest in these projects

3- I would gather the top 50 cork hurlers of the modern era and ask them whether they would be interested in putting something back into the game with the elite underage players, reminding them gently the county was in a crisis. People like JBM , Tomas Mulcahy, Ger Cunningham, Tony O Sullivan, Paul O Connor, JOhn Fitzgibbon,Seanie O Leary etc. You think of all the great players Cork have had- the amount of untapped hurling knowledge- lying idle going to waste.
its an absolute sin.
Assign 10 of them to the u14-16-u18 teams . Assign another 10 to train the coaches in the clubs to ensure the young players are going to be properly coached. Assign another 20 to the primary schools to train the kids. Primary schools are vital its the key to kilkennys success.
Ensure all divisions are captured within the sytem. Cork is a big county like Dublin, even junior clubs should be analysed for any player at u14 up who might be good enough. I'd assign the other ten to each division in cork ensuring every club was captured. Secondary schools as well. But if you get the primary schools going the secondary schools will lfollow. Corks record at that level has plummeted recently

4- Regular monthly meetings of the squad of coaches. Progress analysed. Who have they missed, who's not progressing. Review of the coaching methods etc. Quality challenge games. all leading up to the u14/u16 tournaments and feeding into the minor team.

5- Post tournament reviews. There is now an u17 all-ireland championship as well. Setup an u17 team as well as an u18 team. Some of the best u17's will be good enough to start at u18 level. Some won't mature for a year. Don't let them drop out of the system. Keep them in the net. That way you don't miss anybody.

This system is in operation in most counties now. Some counties are ahead of others. If you haven't got it in place you'd want to start soon.

Thats a broad outline of what being doen elsewhere. Its a very simple model. Its not perfect but with a bit of tweaking it works.

orangeman

Reillers - are you still in favour of giving Gerald the director of hurling job ??

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 11:05:20 PM
1- Approach the county board and simply tell them you'll take the centres of excellence off their hands entirely. They won't have to invest a penny on the provsio they don't interfere in any way. Either way everyone wins. Most county boards are interested though in fact I would say all of them are.

2- On the quiet approach some friendly sponsors and private individuals to fund it. I know people will laugh at that but believe me its done in other counties and its very successful. Dublin for example. Tyrone are another. Armagh as well. County boards don't have the finance for these things. Petition friendly TD's for  a grant. Speak to GAA HQ. They do invest in these projects

3- I would gather the top 50 cork hurlers of the modern era and ask them whether they would be interested in putting something back into the game with the elite underage players, reminding them gently the county was in a crisis. People like JBM , Tomas Mulcahy, Ger Cunningham, Tony O Sullivan, Paul O Connor, JOhn Fitzgibbon,Seanie O Leary etc. You think of all the great players Cork have had- the amount of untapped hurling knowledge- lying idle going to waste.
its an absolute sin.
Assign 10 of them to the u14-16-u18 teams . Assign another 10 to train the coaches in the clubs to ensure the young players are going to be properly coached. Assign another 20 to the primary schools to train the kids. Primary schools are vital its the key to kilkennys success.
Ensure all divisions are captured within the sytem. Cork is a big county like Dublin, even junior clubs should be analysed for any player at u14 up who might be good enough. I'd assign the other ten to each division in cork ensuring every club was captured. Secondary schools as well. But if you get the primary schools going the secondary schools will lfollow. Corks record at that level has plummeted recently

4- Regular monthly meetings of the squad of coaches. Progress analysed. Who have they missed, who's not progressing. Review of the coaching methods etc. Quality challenge games. all leading up to the u14/u16 tournaments and feeding into the minor team.

5- Post tournament reviews. There is now an u17 all-ireland championship as well. Setup an u17 team as well as an u18 team. Some of the best u17's will be good enough to start at u18 level. Some won't mature for a year. Don't let them drop out of the system. Keep them in the net. That way you don't miss anybody.

This system is in operation in most counties now. Some counties are ahead of others. If you haven't got it in place you'd want to start soon.

Thats a broad outline of what being doen elsewhere. Its a very simple model. Its not perfect but with a bit of tweaking it works.

Thanks for that.
In theory it all sounds great.
1.But first off, no one simply tells the CCB anything. They want power and control of everthing but wont do anything about it. It's a good idea but naive to think it'd work against this current regime.
2.There's no money for it. Especially now.
3.I would like to see that happen, it's an excellent idea. But you know what's sinful is that I don't even think that they'd let the likes of Donal O Grady, Allen, Cunningham..etc. no one who has had a bad word to say about him in the past would even get asked to be involved I'd say.
4 and 5 are grand as well.

But I genuinely don't see it happening. That would mean the CCB actually doing their job and they haven't, not for a long time. Do you see it happening, you lived in Cork for years, clearly you most have come to blows with the CCB if you were with a club or surely heard stories.