McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

La Manga, I love the way the article left out the part that it's costing 35 grand. A waste of money. No one can justify spending that, not even on the actual senior panel. A absolute joke and a waste of our money. 35000 lost from everywhere else.
That much money on a holiday. That's what it is, nothing more then that. A complete waste of our money. Money that could be spent on so many different things.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 08:38:24 PM
La Manga, I love the way the article left out the part that it's costing 35 grand. A waste of money. No one can justify spending that, not even on the actual senior panel. A absolute joke and a waste of our money. 35000 lost from everywhere else.
That much money on a holiday. That's what it is, nothing more then that. A complete waste of our money. Money that could be spent on so many different things.

How much did the strike cost ?? Small change to some of the strikers.

anglocelt39

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 07:33:07 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 07:27:46 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 07:20:47 PM
The only constant here is FM and even though the 2008 panel vowed to get rid of him, he's still there. By the way I don't accept at all that FM wants Cork to lose or to hold back underage players.

One thing that I don't think too many have mentioned is that hurling in Cork city is at an all time low and that there will be as many Munster rugby jerseys to be seen as Cork jerseys.

All you need to do is look at some people's avatars to show where their real loyalties lie !!!!!

My family have been involed with rugby for many years, a very long loyalty for the club

I thought Bishopstown GAA club was founded around 1960 - It's not all that long..

The Marino man is back, I like it.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 08:39:50 PM

Unbelievably, you really will do anything that means going against the 08 players. You really are an idiot. I mean use common sense. First of all know one has that money. That's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on any team, including a senior team. Never mind a few lads who pro-longed it all, who'll probably never play again, lads who aren't up to it and will never be, getting a treat from the county board. I cannot believe that you just tried to justify that.

Onlooker

Reillers, I have often wondered about your avatar too.  Did the All Blacks not win that match.  Strange to see a Cork man celebrating a gallant defeat or moral victory or whatever you want to call it.  New Zealand won the game and if they were to play a dozen times, I reckon the All Blacks would probably win every time.  Time to change the avatar.

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 08:03:21 PM
Genuine question Reillers - why don't you get your club delegate (CCC1 or 2 not the other fella we won't mention) to nominate you for one of the CCC1 or CCC2 executive positions in Cork - that way you can effect change from within?

With regard to FM not caring about Juvenile structures, surely it's Coiste Na Nog in Cork you should be directing your anger at and not FM? if FM is so apapthetic towards Juvenile structures then he can't be accused of meddling?? If indeed this is the case and that there are ineffective CCC1 or CCC2 officers not working in the best interests of Corks clubs, then all the more reason for someone as passionate as yourself to get involved??

Finally, you don't have to agree with Indiana's assesment of the Cork underage setup or lads who haven't won AI's at underage level who you expect to replace senior AI winners, but as he is someone who has expertise at juvenile level from being involved in development squads who have produced players capable of competing with the best in the country (at underage) - if I were you, I'd be picking his brains and getting some tips not insulting him..

Nominate me, please. The delegates in my club are cemented in stone. And besides that, the fact that I've to say this means it's pointless in me saying this because you don't understand and you wouldn't be asking if you did.
Delegates are nothing put puppets at Cb level. They don't have an opinion. They don't get a say. They might as well not be there at all. There are no structures in Cork for underage levels at all and the CB will do nothing about it. The same way they wont do anything about the state of our home ground which is supposed to be our pride and joy of a ground. The facilities in clubs, the money clubs get, the grants, the fixtures of clubs..etc. all of which are ridiculous but none of which FM and co will do anything about.

I wouldn't mind that, but I am not willing to listen to someone who's said he's seen these lads play once aganist a Dublin underage team and by that think he's the right to say they are all nothing but average and that I, after seeing them a hell lot more times then he has,  am wrong and his view, isn't an opinion, but fact and he's 100% right and he knows after seeing them play one time, that they'll all strugle and only one or two will make it.

I'm sorry but that's nothing but blatant arrogance, not even Cody is that good. He's absolutely no idea what my credentials are, but he's the arrogance to think after seeing some of these lads once that he knows better. And I've been involved with underage teams, that doesn't stop him from saying basically that my opinion after seeing them play loads of times, doesn't matter and is completley wrong and shows me zero respect, and insults me, he may not agree with my opinion on Gerald but he's basically saying that I know nothing about the players, I have been involved in hurling and underage teams, I've seen some of these lads go right up from U8s to senior IC teams, and I know the difference between a good player and one who is no more then average. An opinion that you form over watching them play and develop over years, not one bloody game against Dublin. That is an insult to me, my knowledge, and the players. IMO he's completely out of line. I wouldn't start telling him that all the Dublin players will never be more then an average team with less then average players because I've seen them the odd time playing. Because genuinely I wouldn't have seen them enough times to make that call. I wouldn't know. But he's basically doing that with Cork.

Because not even the likes of Cody can judge all those players from one game and then off that call them all average and say none will make it. It's not right and it's not fair and at the least it's incredibly insulting to these lads.

1- Of Course your delegates are cemented -any excuse possible.

2- I gave my opinion .This is a forum. Not reillersboard.  425 pages and you still haven't grasped that. Extraordinary.

3- Find me one line where I've insulted anyone. Calling someone average is called an opinion. In Reillerslnad its a grave insult.

4- Reillers I've seen them in Fitzgibbon Cup, minor and u21 and some of them even earlier than that . Again how is that one match?  Intermediate club hurling isn't inter county Reillers.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 08:56:20 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 08:03:21 PM
Genuine question Reillers - why don't you get your club delegate (CCC1 or 2 not the other fella we won't mention) to nominate you for one of the CCC1 or CCC2 executive positions in Cork - that way you can effect change from within?

With regard to FM not caring about Juvenile structures, surely it's Coiste Na Nog in Cork you should be directing your anger at and not FM? if FM is so apapthetic towards Juvenile structures then he can't be accused of meddling?? If indeed this is the case and that there are ineffective CCC1 or CCC2 officers not working in the best interests of Corks clubs, then all the more reason for someone as passionate as yourself to get involved??

Finally, you don't have to agree with Indiana's assesment of the Cork underage setup or lads who haven't won AI's at underage level who you expect to replace senior AI winners, but as he is someone who has expertise at juvenile level from being involved in development squads who have produced players capable of competing with the best in the country (at underage) - if I were you, I'd be picking his brains and getting some tips not insulting him..

Nominate me, please. The delegates in my club are cemented in stone. And besides that, the fact that I've to say this means it's pointless in me saying this because you don't understand and you wouldn't be asking if you did.
Delegates are nothing put puppets at Cb level. They don't have an opinion. They don't get a say. They might as well not be there at all. There are no structures in Cork for underage levels at all and the CB will do nothing about it. The same way they wont do anything about the state of our home ground which is supposed to be our pride and joy of a ground. The facilities in clubs, the money clubs get, the grants, the fixtures of clubs..etc. all of which are ridiculous but none of which FM and co will do anything about.

I wouldn't mind that, but I am not willing to listen to someone who's said he's seen these lads play once aganist a Dublin underage team and by that think he's the right to say they are all nothing but average and that I, after seeing them a hell lot more times then he has,  am wrong and his view, isn't an opinion, but fact and he's 100% right and he knows after seeing them play one time, that they'll all strugle and only one or two will make it.

I'm sorry but that's nothing but blatant arrogance, not even Cody is that good. He's absolutely no idea what my credentials are, but he's the arrogance to think after seeing some of these lads once that he knows better. And I've been involved with underage teams, that doesn't stop him from saying basically that my opinion after seeing them play loads of times, doesn't matter and is completley wrong and shows me zero respect, and insults me, he may not agree with my opinion on Gerald but he's basically saying that I know nothing about the players, I have been involved in hurling and underage teams, I've seen some of these lads go right up from U8s to senior IC teams, and I know the difference between a good player and one who is no more then average. An opinion that you form over watching them play and develop over years, not one bloody game against Dublin. That is an insult to me, my knowledge, and the players. IMO he's completely out of line. I wouldn't start telling him that all the Dublin players will never be more then an average team with less then average players because I've seen them the odd time playing. Because genuinely I wouldn't have seen them enough times to make that call. I wouldn't know. But he's basically doing that with Cork.

Because not even the likes of Cody can judge all those players from one game and then off that call them all average and say none will make it. It's not right and it's not fair and at the least it's incredibly insulting to these lads.

1- Of Course your delegates are cemented -any excuse possible.

2- I gave my opinion .This is a forum. Not reillersboard.  425 pages and you still haven't grasped that. Extraordinary.

3- Find me one line where I've insulted anyone. Calling someone average is called an opinion. In Reillerslnad its a grave insult.

4- Reillers I've seen them in Fitzgibbon Cup, minor and u21 and some of them even earlier than that . Again how is that one match?  Intermediate club hurling isn't inter county Reillers.

You know nothing about my club Indy but you think you can talk about it.
You didn't give an opinion, what you put across was put across as what you thought were fact. You didn't accept my opinion despite the fact that I've seen them many more times then you have. You think you know it all after you saw them once.
I asked you when did you ever see any of them and you said that against an underage Dublin team once.
And now you're just flipflopping.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 08:44:55 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 08:39:50 PM

Unbelievably, you really will do anything that means going against the 08 players. You really are an idiot. I mean use common sense. First of all know one has that money. That's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on any team, including a senior team. Never mind a few lads who pro-longed it all, who'll probably never play again, lads who aren't up to it and will never be, getting a treat from the county board. I cannot believe that you just tried to justify that.

Now the true colours are starting to shine through !

" A few lads who prolonged it all " - classy alright.

Reillers

If they weren't playing the CB wouldn't have held out for so long which has been shown over the past. If they didn't play then it proabbly would have been resolved a few months before it did.
There is no way that the CB would have left themselves suffer financially more then anything, by not having a team for the league. Absolutely no way at all. The 09 panel didn't cause it, but they did in result of them playing end up prolonging it.
They took their chance and I don't blame them for that but there is no question that them playing inadvertedly prolonged it. If we had no team the likelyhood is that the CB wouldn't have faught as long as they did. There's a tiny chance they might have and you could say they saved Cork hurling in the League but if you look at the past strikes the CB crumbled because they couldn't afford to have them not playing.

orangeman

So it's the 2009 panel's fault for all of this mess, as well as FM's and Ger Mac's etc etc etc etc ? .

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 09:09:59 PM
So it's the 2009 panel's fault for all of this mess, as well as FM's and Ger Mac's etc etc etc etc ? .

Can you not read?

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 09:13:04 PM

Can you not read?

The strike went on for a long time - you're blaming the 2009 for it haven taken this length of time !

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 09:14:15 PM

Can you not read?

The strike went on for a long time - you're blaming the 2009 for it haven taken this length of time !
I'm saying if you look back at the 2 other strikes you see the CCB giving in because they didn't want to have no players playing. Yes or no, do you think that it is reasobale to think that the same would have happened in this case? With that in mind doesn't that mean that if there was no 09 panel then it probably would have been resolved earlier then it was. Is it not reasonable to think that?

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 09:16:04 PM

Can you not read?

I'm saying if you look back at the 2 other strikes you see the CCB giving in because they didn't want to have no players playing. Yes or no, do you think that it is reasobale to think that the same would have happened in this case?

Maybe the strikers assumed that because the CB had rolled over before that they would do the same again ? I've always contended that the 2008 panel misread the situation from the start - and then throw Gerald into the mix who was simply not for turning.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 09:18:26 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 09:16:04 PM

Can you not read?

I'm saying if you look back at the 2 other strikes you see the CCB giving in because they didn't want to have no players playing. Yes or no, do you think that it is reasobale to think that the same would have happened in this case?

Maybe the strikers assumed that because the CB had rolled over before that they would do the same again ? I've always contended that the 2008 panel misread the situation from the start - and then throw Gerald into the mix who was simply not for turning.

Maybe, but isn't it reasonable to think that if the 09 hurlers could have prolonged the dispute. I honestly think that the CB would have folded if there was no 09 team there to play, as they had in the past.