heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 03:49:00 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 03:46:18 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 03:37:51 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 03:32:02 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 03:29:19 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 03:24:59 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 03:21:30 PM
It's the same thing. They will basically tell them how to run it which is pretty much the same thing and if you were acting anyway reasonablly then you admit that but all you are trying to do is point score.

'They will basically tell them'?

I realise you're flip-flopping all over the place but we'd already established as fact that no such review will now take place?
Again with the nit picking and attempts to point score, disecting every word I say. Maybe try and act like a reasonable person instead of a child trying to earn some points. Any chance of that?

Stop padding your posts with waffle.

There's no nitpicking or pointscoring going on - simply an attempt to establish the facts - a difficult exercise with you posting blatant lies and one made even more difficult with your constant reluctance to address the issues & facts and at the same time fashioning a persecution complex.
You allready said that, funny it's what you and a few others do when they can't answer questions put at them. Try acting like a reasonable individual before you respond to the next post.

Are you going to apologise for your bullshit?

Fine I apologise for what your source says is bullshit. I apologise that the words I used weren't technically politically correct. A reasonable person might have aknowledged that I meant the same thing, but obviously not on here.
Now maybe in the future you wont have such a complete hissy fit over my choice of words.

Apology accepted.

Reillers

Cork team for Kilkenny.

D Cusack; S O'Neill, E Cadogan, C O'Sullivan; J Jordan, R Curran, K McGann; T Kenny, K Hartnett; B O'Connor, K Murphy (Erin's Own), G Callanan; P Horgan, N Ronan, J O'Connor.

Interesting choices, a lot of changes.
It's Walsh laying down a marker showing who's boss. Very good calls. Gives a shot in the arm all right, shows no ones position is safe.

And despite what some may think, these young lads aren't just average U21s (even though I Callanan and Jordan are both overage now), the expert Indy after apparently seeing them play one game against Dublin might tell you otherwise, but Jordan's a very promising youngster, player of the tournament last month for the Fitz Cup. Callanan is a very good prospect as well, he's been around a while, good to see him get a go and Hartnett,  I think he's more of a work horse then anything, wouldn't be my first or second or even third pick but he's been put there for one reason, to win ball, and fight, Naughton's a hell of a player, one hell of an athlete and no one likes seeing him run at you but I think the KK game is in more need of a warrior then a twinkle toes.
Looks like Connor O Sullivan will miss out as well, picked up a small knock in training, hamstring apparently, it'll be probably Chris Murphy, who is also know average player, he's in my opinion as good, if not better then O Sullivan and McGann has done very well coming on in the last two weeks.
Will be very interesting to see how the experiemental team does.

So tell us Indy, in your so called one match expert view what you think of these lads, without using google or repeating what I've said, or that rubber stamped, lots of potential but whether they'll make it at senior level remains to be seen.
So what do you think?

Cadogan
Jordan
O Sullivan
McGann
Hartnett
Callanan
and
Chris Murphy

I'm dying to know.

INDIANA

I'm going to enjoy in about 2/3 years time Reillers reminding you of your condescending tone towards me in the last few days. Enjoy the current players Reillers because Cork are on their way out. I won't be too long in reminding you who told you first.

The question is Reillers you have to replace joe deane and ben o connor. They don't grow on trees. And they aren't growing in cork. Ask Brian Cody for a loan system because in 2-3 years time thats the only chance you have. Enjoy!

orangeman

The great Cork team of 2003 - 2004 has already begun to break up. But I suppose you'll have so called fans harking back to the glory days wanting more success - if it doesn't come, blame the county board but more especially the manager.

The core of a decent team is there but they're now just an average team - they're far from what they were - no shame - we all get older and slower. All good things come to an end no matter how hard we try to resist.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 05:25:34 PM
I'm going to enjoy in about 2/3 years time Reillers reminding you of your condescending tone towards me in the last few days. Enjoy the current players Reillers because Cork are on their way out. I won't be too long in reminding you who told you first.

WHere's the detailed analysis Indy, come on you're the expert you saw them that one time and you seem to think that that was enough to juddge them on and that you know so much that after one game you think they are no more then average and apparently you think you know much more then me, despite the fact that I've seen these lads loads of times.

So tell me where the detailed analysis, your expert view?...(that you can't get from google.)

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 05:32:24 PM
The great Cork team of 2003 - 2004 has already begun to break up. But I suppose you'll have so called fans harking back to the glory days wanting more success - if it doesn't come, blame the county board but more especially the manager.

The core of a decent team is there but they're now just an average team - they're far from what they were - no shame - we all get older and slower. All good things come to an end no matter how hard we try to resist.

Just stop talking OM. You show your lack of any knowledge at all from every post you make and this is no different.

Oh and genious..The majority of this team are in their 20s.

So tell me our other expert, what players? What ones do you think are past it and only average?

orangeman

You got that answer a few pages ago !! You mightn't be willing to admit it but there's 4/5 whose best years are behind them and a few more who are getting near the hill.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 05:37:36 PM
You got that answer a few pages ago !! You mightn't be willing to admit it but there's 4/5 whose best years are behind them and a few more who are getting near the hill.

No I didn't, deffinetly not from you, so tell me (presuming you can name more then 4/5) who do you think are past it, and don't bother responding if all you are going to do is copy and paste from a few pages ago.

A lot of these players haven't been around for 4/5 years.

So tell me. Who in YOUR view do you think are past it?

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 05:32:57 PM

WHere's the detailed analysis Indy, come on you're the expert you saw them that one time and you seem to think that that was enough to juddge them on and that you know so much that after one game you think they are no more then average and apparently you think you know much more then me, despite the fact that I've seen these lads loads of times.

So tell me where the detailed analysis, your expert view?...(that you can't get from google.)

That is one of the most hateful posts I've seen on this board. You are so far up your own ass thats it remarkable you can type on a keyboard. If you can't respect (and don't start with the cry baby antcis of "I'm never respected, nitpicking, answer my questions, facts..." shite that we've had for 400+ pages) someones else's opinions you shouldn't be on a discussion board. Your level of intelligence must be really low if you have gone to the trouble of editing one of your above posts (almost a hour later) to pick a fight with another board member.

Your level of immaturity is beyond belief and if that is your attitude to other posters on here (you only actually post on one thread for feck sake) I then I think you should post elsewhere  before you drive a good poster away.

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on April 03, 2009, 05:44:19 PM

That is one of the most hateful posts I've seen on this board. You are so far up your own ass thats it remarkable you can type on a keyboard. If you can't respect (and don't start with the cry baby antcis of "I'm never respected, nitpicking, answer my questions, facts..." shite that we've had for 400+ pages) someones else's opinions you shouldn't be on a discussion board. Your level of intelligence must be really low if you have gone to the trouble of editing one of your above posts (almost a hour later) to pick a fight with another board member.

Your level of immaturity is beyond belief and if that is your attitude to other posters on here (you only actually post on one thread for feck sake) I then I think you should post elsewhere  before you drive a good poster away.

Well aren't you sensitive. Quit the dramatics and let him answer the question. He's made himself out to be an expert, he didn't say it was his opinon, that I'd have no problem with it, he said it as script, as fact, he made himself out to be the expert in this after seeing them play once, told me I'm wrong and bullshitting despite that fact that I've seen these lads loads of times. So I would like very much to know what he thinks.

Stop being such a drama queen, grow up and let him talk gaa.

And you want hatefull posts, I can't see anywhere that makes that the most hatefull post on here, doesn't even rank in the top 100, but you want hatefull, immature, personal posts, read your own before you throw the first stone and get off your bloody high horse.
And you don't talk GAA either, hence why I am convinced you are OM's other account. All you've done every time you've appeared over these 400 plus pages is disrespect and insult the players and myself and anyone who has shared my views, so cut the dramatics and grow the hell up.

INDIANA

None of them are in the class of the guys they are replacing. Harnett must be about 26 (still hasn't establsihed himself despite been there for about 5 years)- average player. Reillers didn't know he was overage for u21- amazing he needs a Dub to tell him that.
Cadogan is a better footballer in my view and he'll wish soon he had of stayed with it . But he's a good player to be fair.
O Sullivan -loads of talent- precious little delivery so far. But of those named he's the best
Callanan- average . Pat Cronin must be so out of form its not funny if thats who's replacing him.
Jordan was good with UCC in the Fitzgibbon Cup (Thats the universities hurling championship Reillers in case you didn't know) but its a big step up for him. Could make it . We'll have to see.
Mc Gann has been on the panel since about 2005/2006 I'd say off the top of my head- still hasn't played a minutes championship. Again nowhere near the class he's replacing.

I'll concede I haven't seen Chris Murphy playing unless he was playing and I didn't realise it. That good enough for you Reillers? You're asking these guys to fill the boots of some of the best players Cork have ever had. I've simply said they aren't in that class and you can't accept it.

anglocelt39

Ah come on now my neighbouring Blaney man, while there have been 400 pages of generally tosh posted here, mostly by the copy and paste king, it has had it's redeeming moments. Heffo's threathening to Rumble Reillers to his County Board Rep down at his local club (it is Ballincollig isn't it Reillers) made for great entertainment for a few days. You could nearly smell the brown stuff from Reillers posts for at least 24 hours as he was caught like the proverbial Reillers bunny in the headlights.

Just back from Kilkenny, think the boys are up for a big one on the weekend.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

bingobus

Quote from: anglocelt39 on April 03, 2009, 05:52:04 PM
Ah come on now my neighbouring Blaney man, while there have been 400 pages of generally tosh posted here, mostly by the copy and paste king, it has had it's redeeming moments. Heffo's threathening to Rumble Reillers to his County Board Rep down at his local club (it is Ballincollig isn't it Reillers) made for great entertainment for a few days. You could nearly smell the brown stuff from Reillers posts for at least 24 hours as he was caught like the proverbial Reillers bunny in the headlights.

Just back from Kilkenny, think the boys are up for a big one on the weekend.

True My Cavan neighbour, very true.

Although it got his excuse in a few pages back when he said it would be interesting to see how this experimental team got on against KK.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 05:39:52 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 03, 2009, 05:37:36 PM

No I didn't, deffinetly not from you, so tell me (presuming you can name more then 4/5) who do you think are past it, and don't bother responding if all you are going to do is copy and paste from a few pages ago.

A lot of these players haven't been around for 4/5 years.

So tell me. Who in YOUR view do you think are past it?

Ok - Sean Og - I've seen ( and heard ) enough to suggest that he's past his best. He's no longer feared and now has to concentrate more on his defensive duties. Against KK last year he was "picked on" - a sign that there's a weakness.

Donal Og - ditto.

Sully - was taken to the cleaners a few times over the summer and only for Gerald giving him another chance against KK he would have gone down as the great full back who stayed on a year too long. He no longer competes for the ball but chooses to come and bat it away and hope that the corner men come to his rescue. But as I said no shame - he was one of my favourites and those shoulder charges are now the stuff of legends. Even last year against Clare he was able to still produce a big one.

Curran - signs that he is not the force of old.

The half back line of Cork's in 2003 - 2004 was their best line - it was the best line in Ireland - you couldn't have got three better lads - this is no longer the case.

Timmy has said today that he still wants to play in the Cork jersey again - I don't think he will. Time's up.

Niall - a real power house but is in decline. Brute force and ignorance were his real strengths - but doesn't have the same impact.

Deane - a great player but again his best days are behind him. No shame as I said.

When the twins go, Kenny goes - what are you left with ??

Maybe I'm being harsh and I apologise if I am but that's my view.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2009, 05:51:14 PM

None of them are in the class of the guys they are replacing. Harnett must be about 26 (still hasn't establsihed himself despite been there for about 5 years)- average player. Reillers didn't know he was overage for u21- amazing he needs a Dub to tell him that.
Cadogan is a better footballer in my view and he'll wish soon he had of stayed with it . But he's a good player to be fair.
O Sullivan -loads of talent- precious little delivery so far. But of those named he's the best
Callanan- average . Pat Cronin must be so out of form its not funny if thats who's replacing him.
Jordan was good with UCC in the Fitzgibbon Cup (Thats the universities hurling championship Reillers in case you didn't know) but its a big step up for him. Could make it . We'll have to see.
Mc Gann has been on the panel since about 2005/2006 I'd say off the top of my head- still hasn't played a minutes championship. Again nowhere near the class he's replacing.

I'll concede I haven't seen Chris Murphy playing unless he was playing and I didn't realise it. That good enough for you Reillers? You're asking these guys to fill the boots of some of the best players Cork have ever had. I've simply said they aren't in that class and you can't accept it.

I said they were ALL overage Indy. Harnett's been around a long time I thought it was blatantly obvious that he's been gone from the U21s for a long time.

Fair enough so.

Even though
Callanan's anything but average, why do you think he's average, in what games has he shown to be?

Indy trying to make me look like I don't know what lets say the Fitz cup is after I just brought it up (ironic that I was at the final, great for Paul O Connor after all these years, would have liked him to get the Cork job..but that's that) is quiet sad and is just you trying to refelt attention away from yourself really not having a case.

All you've mainly done is sprouted out good but hasn't delivered at senior level or whether he'll make the step up crap.

Just the same old sprouted crap. Repeating what I've said in some cases like the Fitzgibbon cup.

And of course they're not as good as the lads yet, that would involve them actually being given game time and seeing as they're barely on the team, you might want to give them a minute instead of harshly critici. You basically said they were all shite and they wouldn't get anywhere. Stop, how do you call it, oh ya, flip flopping.