McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 12:34:22 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 12:31:32 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 12:28:33 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 12:26:23 PM
They offered to do a review of it all to get the players back playing, doesn't that tell you something, it's not like a clbud turned around and said it's a a great time for a review. Croke Park were offering to do this because they knew just how badly Cork is run. They wouldn't have made that offer if everything was so great. They know the players have grievances with the running of the CCB and this was a way that they'd try and fix it. They were offering to fix it, and you don't offer to fix something unless it's broken. And the CCB is very much "broken."

So you now accept that an offer as part of a much broader package to appease strikers was made to carry out a review/audit and not a takeover?

I said all along that it was part of an offer, EVERY GAA MAN who has even the slightest bit of knowledge knows exactly what Croke Park would have found. It was a review and they would then make "recommendations," which is a polite term for them telling the CCB how to do their job. Croke Park doesn't do an entire review of a county and make recomendations for the CB to tell them to f**k off in the end, it's politics and if you don't understand that Heffo then I'm wasting my time trying to explain it to you.

Please stick to the facts and stop padding your posts with waffle.

Answer the question - did Croke park want to take over underage structures in Cork or offer to review all aspects of Cork GAA (including development strategy)?

You know as well as I do what a review and a reccomendations mean and if you can't understand that then it's pointless of me explaining it Heffo. It's politics. Clearly you're as naive as OM or refuse to accept it because I'm right.
You know it's exactly what it means or else you are incredibly naive.

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 12:47:13 PM
They offered to do a review of it all to get the players back playing, doesn't that tell you something, it's not like a clbud turned around and said it's a a great time for a review. Croke Park were offering to do this because they knew just how badly Cork is run. They wouldn't have made that offer if everything was so great. They know the players have grievances with the running of the CCB and this was a way that they'd try and fix it. They were offering to fix it, and you don't offer to fix something unless it's broken. And the CCB is very much "broken."

So you now accept that an offer as part of a much broader package to appease strikers was made to carry out a review/audit and not a takeover?

I said all along that it was part of an offer, EVERY GAA MAN who has even the slightest bit of knowledge knows exactly what Croke Park would have found. It was a review and they would then make "recommendations," which is a polite term for them telling the CCB how to do their job. Croke Park doesn't do an entire review of a county and make recomendations for the CB to tell them to f**k off in the end, it's politics and if you don't understand that Heffo then I'm wasting my time trying to explain it to you.

Answer the question - did Croke park want to take over underage structures in Cork or offer to review all aspects of Cork GAA (including development strategy)?

You know as well as I do what a review and a reccomendations mean and if you can't understand that then it's pointless of me explaining it Heffo. It's politics. Clearly you're as naive as OM or refuse to accept it because I'm right.

Thats the biggest roundabout I've seen since they opened the M50/Blanchardstown inter-change.

You started out saying that Croke Park wanted to take over the running of the underage structures in Cork and you claim that they wanted to do this with a review and recommendations!! For f**k sake, listen to yourself.

orangeman

You know as well as I do what a review and a reccomendations mean and if you can't understand that then it's pointless of me explaining it Heffo. It's politics.

Reillers :
When this principle of politics was pointed out to you about 300 pages ago, you yourself found the concept hard to grasp - it's consloing that you've learnt this much after all this time. But I suspect it's more a case of you making the cap fit and wearing it than anything else.

heffo

They offered to do a review of it all to get the players back playing, doesn't that tell you something

Indeed I do - Croke proposed a review of all aspects so as not to fatally undermind the CCB executive - Croke park couldn't particularly give a fiddlers about the underage structures in Cork and never at any stage wanted to 'take over underage structures in Cork'

Thats 100% fact.

Your original post is 100% bullshit and had you just admitted you were wrong and just read it on PROC and added your own twist, you'd have saved us all a lot of time.

Alas, thus is Reillersland.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 02:06:57 PM
They offered to do a review of it all to get the players back playing, doesn't that tell you something

Indeed I do - Croke proposed a review of all aspects so as not to fatally undermind the CCB executive - Croke park couldn't particularly give a fiddlers about the underage structures in Cork and never at any stage wanted to 'take over underage structures in Cork'

Thats 100% fact.

Your original post is 100% bullshit and had you just admitted you were wrong and just read it on PROC and added your own twist, you'd have saved us all a lot of time.

Clearly you don't understand politics Heffo. But  they were willing to basically tell the CCB exactly how to run the GAA in Cork. Now apparenlty you don't have the ability to understand that.
Obviously I forgot that everything I say is disected and taken litterally, now did I mean litterally run the thing, no, but they were prepared to tell them how to do their jobs and what to do. Which for me is pretty much the same thing. Something ye'd agree with if it was one of ye saying it and if ye were acting reasonably, but that's obviously too much to expect.

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 02:55:19 PM

Clearly you don't understand politics Heffo. But  they were willing to basically tell the CCB exactly how to run the GAA in Cork. Now apparenlty you don't have the ability to understand that.
Obviously I forgot that everything I say is disected and taken litterally, now did I mean litterally run the thing, no, but they were prepared to tell them how to do their jobs and what to do. Which for me is pretty much the same thing. Something ye'd agree with if it was one of ye saying it and if ye were acting reasonably, but that's obviously too much to expect.

It gets better  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

heffo

Thats 100% fact.

Clearly you don't understand politics Heffo, clearly.
They were willing to basically tell the CCB exactly how to run the GAA in Cork

Flip flop - your starting point was that they wanted to 'take over underage structures' now you've uncharacteristically changed that to 'they were unwilling to tell the CCB how to run the GAA in Cork'

That's quite a leap even by your standards.

Reillers

It's the same thing. They will basically tell them how to run it which is pretty much the same thing and if you were acting anyway reasonablly then you admit that but all you are trying to do is point score.

heffo

Thats 100% fact.

Unedited Reillers quote # 1:

'Croke park wanted to take over the underage structures in Cork'

Unedited Reillers quote # 2:

'did I mean litterally run the thing, no, but they were prepared to tell them how to do their jobs and what to do'

Unedited Reillers quote # 3:

'everything I say is taken litterally'

--------

Now Reillers I'm a plain speaker and try as best I can to deal in facts. I take people at their word so when someone such as yourself says X I take it that they mean X and not actually Y

So what you are saying above in the first two quotes is that you said one thing but in fact meant something completely different?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 03:21:30 PM
It's the same thing. They will basically tell them how to run it which is pretty much the same thing and if you were acting anyway reasonablly then you admit that but all you are trying to do is point score.

'They will basically tell them'?

I realise you're flip-flopping all over the place but we'd already established as fact that no such review will now take place?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 03:24:59 PM

I realise you're flip-flopping all over the place but we'd already established as fact that no such review will now take place?
Again with the nit picking and attempts to point score, disecting every word I say. Maybe try and act like a reasonable person instead of a child trying to earn some points. Any chance of that?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 03:29:19 PM

Again with the nit picking and attempts to point score, disecting every word I say. Maybe try and act like a reasonable person instead of a child trying to earn some points. Any chance of that?

Stop padding your posts with waffle.

There's no nitpicking or pointscoring going on - simply an attempt to establish the facts - a difficult exercise with you posting blatant lies and one made even more difficult with your constant reluctance to address the issues & facts and at the same time fashioning a persecution complex.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 03:32:02 PM

There's no nitpicking or pointscoring going on - simply an attempt to establish the facts - a difficult exercise with you posting blatant lies and one made even more difficult with your constant reluctance to address the issues & facts and at the same time fashioning a persecution complex.
You allready said that, funny it's what you and a few others do when they can't answer questions put at them. Try acting like a reasonable individual before you respond to the next post.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 03:37:51 PM

You allready said that, funny it's what you and a few others do when they can't answer questions put at them. Try acting like a reasonable individual before you respond to the next post.

Are you going to apologise for your bullshit?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 03, 2009, 03:46:18 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 03, 2009, 03:37:51 PM

Are you going to apologise for your bullshit?

Fine I apologise for what your source says is bullshit. I apologise that the words I used weren't technically politically correct. A reasonable person might have aknowledged that I meant the same thing, but obviously not on here.
Now maybe in the future you wont have such a complete hissy fit over my choice of words.